“Great location and clean!”

Best Western Inn Florence
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Windsor, Canada
“Great location and clean!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This was a really quick night spent as we were driving through with no reservations. The front desk staff (Ila) was amazing and friendly even at the late hour we arrived. Pretty quick check-in. Our room (111-1 king size bed) looked very up to date and spacious. Loved it that we could actually walk around and not trip over stuff or each other. Linens were clean and warm. Plenty of pillows! Internet room speeds were really quick. Washroom was clean and full of supplies. Air conditioning kept the room at a really nice cool temperature and ran relatively quiet.

Out of the hotels in the immediate area this one quickly caught our eye first because of location to the highway and second because of the overall appearance. So awesome that you are doing the renovations, it is really paying off!

Water pressure in the shower was awesome, LOVED the power outlets on the nightstand lights (no pulling out furniture or unplugging stuff to charge my iPad while reading before bed, actually plenty of outlets to charge all of our toys), nice and big counter in the washroom was clean, price was very reasonable, room was very quiet (slept the latest we have ever in a hotel) and never was woken up by anyone in the hallway despite being right at the lobby and breakfast area, day shift front desk staff was very friendly and helpful (forgot my toothbrush). I would definitely stay here again either when passing through or staying in the area! Keep up the amazing work everyone, your positive reviews are all deserving!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori L
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for such a wonderful review.
We appreciate you assisting our future guests with details from a guest prospective.
Thank You again for the wonderful comments and we hope that if you return to the area we can be the hotel for your lodging needs,

Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed for one night early September on our way to Georgia and were greeted with a smile, free bottled water (for duration of stay!) and a list of restaurants and shopping nearby. On that list they even highlighted the restaurants that offered a discount to their guests. We went to Smokey Bones, they honoured the discount, the food was great and service quick.

Our room smelled a bit musty but it was clean and had a fridge.

We would stay again and mostly because they cared for their guests and offered a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GuidaW
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Guida W,

As a team we strive to make the visit to our property an experience than just a general stay. We are so happy to see that we made that memorable experience for you. We appreciate your concern about the "musty smell" and I will address this with my housekeeping supervisor.

Again thank you for the kind words and we hope to have the pleasure of having you as a guest in the future,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a night only. Had we a need to stay longer, it would've been there. It was wonderful to be able to relax!

The hotel staff was pleasant and professional. The room was immaculate. Everything worked in room. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was on time and delicious. The dining/kitchen very clean. Whole hotel clean, clean!

We have family in Cincinnati. When we're back in town, we Will stay there again.

Thanks Best Western!!

• Stayed September 2012
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review. The staff greatly appreciates all your kind words and I am sure our future guests will appreciate your feed back as well.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest again,

Beaverton, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived About and hour and a half after the actual earliest check in time, which should have meant that the doors to supply rooms etc in halls would not have been left with doors open for all the junk in them to be viewed by guests. Including garbage, old mattresses, old windows etc. Vacuum left in hallway had to manouver luggage cart around these things in halls. Elevator extremely slow, front doors not automatic so had to struggle holding open while hisband tried to get luggage cart in doors of lobby. We booked online and when arriving quickly questioned that this was even the type of room we had previously reseved. Reserved room with jet tub of which our room did not have. Room was obviously not finished painting etc and smelled bad....musty. Next to room with another open door full of crap piled up in it such as old mattresses and windows in hallway piled against wall. In a hurry to attend a venue in town on time we did not unpack, and left for evening out. Forgot something important and returned to room realizing that door didn't even lock. Shocked and upset went to front desk, staff was very good about it offering to get maintenance to come look at it, however we were already running late and asked to have room switched. Then amazingly the room that we originally booked with Jet Tub was offered to us for no extra charge!!! ??? I guess there should be no extra charge seeing as we had already paid for the nicer room to begin with???? Switched rooms quickly... Tried to get out early as possible next morning, Hanger rod in wardrobe falls down on husband as he goes to remove hung clothing to repack. Owner had Front desk Staff (Ladies) up on ladder in ceiling being expected to look for some leak while he watched!!!! Lady was not pleased as this was not her job and nor should it have been. We literally threw our stuff in luggage to get out of there as quick as possible. What a nightmare...very disappointing!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms seem to be better if you absolutely have to stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
28 Thank Teresa D
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

As I read your review I was surprised by your remarks that you placed upon our property.
I was the person in the ceiling. There was a leak and I was not unhappy to do it because I am here to protect the building while upper management is not present. I was informed of the leak and went to action using their direction on the phone of how to handle the situation. While I was on the phone with them, they were coming to the property to assist me with my efforts and that is where you probably saw her at the bottom of my ladder. I was not going to get down because they arrived; at this property we work as a team.
I have went and personally looked in all closets and there are no windows nor garbage as you stated. I would be happy to personally open the closets to show the actual contents of them if anyone would like to see. The mattresses you stated we do not have either. Now we do have full mattress box spring roll-aways that we provide for our customers upon request. That must be what you are speaking of.
As you stated, you did arrive early and that is why there were vacuums in the hallway because housekeeping was present at the time of your check-in. I apologies for this inconveniences.

The issue with your reservation I am sorry for that to occur. I personally was not the clerk to assist you with this matter and so I can not reason of why this happened but I am happy to hear that the clerk could rearrange things to fit your original reservation requests.

Also I am sorry about the pole in the wardrobe; we have corrected this matter by connecting them inside so that they cannot be removed.

On behalf of the Best Western I am sorry you saw our property as unorganized. I am also sorry you got an view of the hectic setting of a hotel prior to customers arrival.

We hope that you give us another opportunity when you return to Cincinnati area to allow us to show you our true potential.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We just needed a clean, comfortable place to stay for one night and this was a great choice. It's not new and fancy but the bed was comfortable and the room clean. We weren't going to be spending much time in the room so we didn't want to spend a lot of money for it. Also, all of the staff were very friendly and helpful and I would absolutely stay at this Best Western again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and filling out a Trip Advisor review. On behalf of the staff I would like to send our sincere thank you for such a wonderful review. We love to hear when we have exceeded at making our guests feel welcomed.
Sincerely
Mount Washington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Negatives---the hallways and room smelled a little musty and the carpets and paint looked like they needed to be cleaned or freshened up some. However, they were in the process of remodeling so I took all that into consideration. Positives---the staff were great---very friendly and helpful. We had planned on taking the kids to the zoo, but thought we were going to get rained out. One of the front desk attendants recommended the Cincinnati Musuem, which we had not considered. It was a wonderful recommendation and we spent all day there. Was it the best place I've stayed at---No. But was it a nice place at a nice value---Yes. We slept comfortably, were treated well, utilized the hotels discount tickets to museums/aquariums, etc., and were within a short drive to everything we wanted to do an see.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and filling out an honest review for our future customers on Trip Advisor. I am glad you liked my recommendation to the Cincinnati Terminal Museum; as a child I enjoyed that place and I was hoping that your family would as well.
Thank you also for mentioning about our renovations. I would like to mention on your response that we are remodeling and we will be putting all new carpets in the hallways and also the rooms.
Overall though we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay; it was truly a pleasure meeting your family and we hope you visit again

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

If your looking for nice clean motel.Then look no further. Very friendly staff..Clean rooms comfortable beds with 4 fluffy pillows.breakfast was good biscuits and gravy.Overall I nice place to stay that wont kill your pocket book.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Walt S
What a perfect review!!!
Thank you so much for the kind words. We have been taking large steps to return to our guests being number one priority to ensure their happiness with their stay. Thank You for letting us know we have achieved our goal.

Thank You Again and we hope to see you again