“It was the WORST experience that I have ever had in my life. From bugs to rude staff to filthy rooms as well as filthy bathrooms”

Best Western Inn Florence
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrived late on Thursday the26th at 130 am { so really Friday} as we were checking in with the front desk woman whom appeared to be slow, a poorly dressed man offered to help us with pur bags. We checked in got to our room and it reeked of mold. We opened windowa to air it out but it still didn't help. My daughter went to hide her face under the blanket a screached like she saw a monster. To my dismay no monster just a bed bug. At this point I'm concerned about all of my belongings being infested. I called the front desk and the women who answeredhad a strong european accent she said that this is the chance you take when you renta room, and that they don't offer discounts! Lrft with no other options we stayed { my debit card had been stolen and I had given this hotel the rest of my cash} the next morning the same poorly dressed man was eating breakfast in the lobby. He with. A mouthful of eggs asked my daughter for some money, then went on to explain to my 10 year old that he was homeless as we were leaving I noticed the receptionist with short blonde hair drop two egg patties onthe ground then place them back in the egg bin! DisTguStinG!

• Stayed: July 2012
23  Thank bubbywoolum
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and being the eyes of the hotel while management was not present.
I would love to have the chance of speaking to you about our property becuase of the comments you had mentioned came to such a surprise. Please know that all concerns will be followed up with actions immediately. We apprecaite you letting us know about the flaws that you have seen.

The "bed bug" I cannot regard on if it was actually a Bed Bug but I will take your concerns into action and allow our monthly inspector to come early and check for insects.

Thank You Again and if you are ever returning to the area please call us directly and mention this response for a free night stay. We would like the chance to show you that we have made changes and that actions you saw are not habitual.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

What a great place to stay! The front desk clerk was easily the nicest one in all my travels around the country! She asked if I needed any restaurant recommendations (and gave me a list of nearby places, including those that offered discounts to hotel guests), called the room to see if everything was alright, and retrieved my ice packs that I left in my room after checkout & placed them in the employee freezer to keep them cold until I could return to get them!

The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. The free breakfast was adequate - it was the standard continental breakfast with pastries, bread, cereals, juice & a waffle maker. My only disappointment was the lack of any protein or healthy options such as hard-boiled eggs or yogurt.

The hotel's location is great - close to the interstate but not so close that the noise carries. It's in a nicer suburb and there are a wealth of shopping opportunities nearby. The Creation Museum, which we were there to see, was about 15 min away, and the hotel sells discount tickets to it, as well as to other area attractions.

The hotel pool was outdoor, and was a great way to get the kinks out after a long day on the road!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NoUglyOneYet

Thank you for taking the time and filling out an online review. Our hotel and staff appreciate all the kind words and opinions. We hope that when you are returning to the area you choose our property again.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Staff was great and the location is within 10 minutes of hundreds of dining and shopping options mostly west of I-75 at this exit. We discovered Skyline Chili, a favorite of this tri-state area, thanks to the front desk gal who has family in our home state of Arizona. She was THE best part of our stay:-)

This building is older, but the beds are very comfortable and everything was clean. Best Western is one of our favorites for a CLC stay and this one met our standards. It is across from a TA truck stop so there were some other drivers staying too. There is NO truck parking at this location, so we got permission from TA to drop our trailer in their almost-full lot.

We would return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask the desk gal where to get a good meal. She has a map and a list of great suggestions.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Candace R
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and posting such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.
We are glad to see by the continuing reviews that our hotel can not only accommodate business travlers, families, but truck drivers as well. We do understand the frustrations of not having truck parking and we apologies for the inconvenience, but we are glad to hear that the TA helped your issue.
Monica at the desk I will personally let her know that you appreciated her assistance.
Thank you as well for placing a posting of our room. This little detail on your review can allow future guests to see from a guest perspective of our rooms and also since yours was renovated a room that we are now offering.
Again thank you for such a helpful review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Because it was rated #3 out of 25 we thought it would be a decent place. Not at all, there was mold in the bathroom, it was smelly in the room, the furniture was soiled and the carpet was dirty, the only decent part was the bed. Oh and didn't know that the airport was close so there planes flying over at 1am.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank RosieMichigan

I would like to send my apologies for your stay personally. At this Best Western we take all reviews very seriously, and as you can see by reviews, we take the time to respond to them allowing you to know that we appreciate your time in this matter of concern on our property. It is the guest that is the true inspector and without your help we can not succeed to be our very best.

I personally do not know what room you were assigned to to make sure that the mold issue is corrected but I can assure you that this is not a regular situation( as you can read in the previous reviews posted by guests). As I stated before I am sorry for the cleanliness issue and have no excuse that I want to present because it is simply not acceptable.

If you are in the Florence area again please mention this response and we will give a free stay to you, to allow us to show you that your stay is not habitual at the Best Western In Florence.

We hope to see you again and we thank you for taking the time to let us know where we need to improve.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this Best Western in Florence, Kentucky. We travel I-75 from Detroit, Michigan to Naples, Florida 4 times a year with our 2 golden retrievers. This hotel is extremely pet friendly and we REALLY appreciate the welcome we receive. The rooms are always nicely appointed and clean. The staff are always helpful with restaurant suggestions, takeouts, etc. The breakfast has always lived up to the the 'Best Western' standards.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, try and get a room near the side exit.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dorcas K

Wow what a wonderful review! We are happy to see that you are a returning guest.
We work hard to make sure that we get reviews as yours and excellent stays and service as you have spoken of.

We are glad to hear that your puppies enjoy their stay as well.

We hope that on your stay you could see our improvements that we have been making and we hope that on your next trip you continue seeing the improvements that we are implementing.

We would love to hear about any suggestions that you have to make your stay and other guest stay more satisfactory. Please inform the desk at your next visit.

We look forward to your suggestions as a returning guest and we look forward to see your family again soon

Thank you for choosing Best Western for your lodging needs

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This was a very average Best Western. It was clean. They obviously have tried to keep updated. Pool was heated (in May) which was very pleasant and fun for small child. Priced very reasonbly for mid-week stay. Normal Best Western breakfast fare. Very close to many types of restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank KJRMom

I would like to thank you for giving an honest review about our property.
We are glad your enjoyed our pool and close amenties of Florence.

It appears though that we could have improved your stay some how by the title chose that you chose. I hope that you saw the improvements that we were making and hope fully these along with our future renovations can help with your next stay.

Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Inn Florence and we hope that you come again

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This place is really home away from home .. The rooms were amazing, The bed was really comfortable and friendly staff. We came with our family and each of us loved this place. The comfortable beds with fresh clean linen was the most important thing the had ready for us. The bathroom was amazing and they offered a morning breakfast which had tons of food. GREAT PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

thank you for taking the time and filling out an online review. We love to see that you enjoyed your stay and so did your family. I will let housekeeping know about the compliment that you gave them on the cleanliness of our hotel.
We hope you return to visit soon and again thank you for the great review