“"Just like coming home"”

Best Western Inn Florence
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 28, 2012

If you are looking for a topnotch Best Western, you have found it in Florence Ky.
Rooms are beautiful, the staff is exceptional, and location is perfect. Greeted by Brett upon arrival, I knew I was in a place with comforts of home. She was very busy yet found the multi-tasking easy to make fresh cookies, answer the phone and never miss a beat with her customers at the desk.
Currently under some renovation, it can only make this hotel better! Pool unavailable due to the season, but I can already tell that breakfast will be on the high side of standard.
Directions given for dinner if you need them, free wi-fi (that works) and a quiet view if you are lucky to get a room at the back.( Just ask)
I can see why even the travel rep recommends this hotel when you stop at the visitor center.
Clean, reasonable, and friendly...........just like home!

Room Tip: Certain rooms are available for pet owners and smokers.............and if you ask for 3rd floor or a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank oxengirl
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I want to personally thank you for complimenting me on my hard work; I am glad to see that it reflects on peoples impression of our property and the devotion that we dedicate to here.
I am also glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and the extra amenities that we provide

We hope you come visit again

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We paid extra to allow our dog to stay. Yes, it was nice that they gave you a goody box for the dog, but once in the room, wow. There were spots on the carpet. My dog could smell dog odors in the whole room. The skirting on the bed really smelled to him. I could smell the odor in the room too. The bathroom was dirty, and the room in general was not clean. I spoke to the desk clerk, but she just made excuses.
The free breakfast was not very good and not real clean either. I would never stay at this hotel again.
This was rated three stars by AAA, they need to recheck it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
25  Thank travelingnuts2

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your stay. I would like to take a minute and update you on our new additions to our property.
As of Monday April the 2nd, we have hired a new housekeeping supervisor so that our rooms will be checked routinely and in detail so that people are paying for the best room fit to Best Western standards.
We have also hired a full time breakfst attendant to make sure breakfast is being catered to properly. We have seen that breakfast has been lacking in detail so we hope that this addition will take care of your concerns

I know that you stated you would not be back to our property but I would like to extend a free stay by mentioning this message. I hope that you allow us to show our improvements to the property.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Terrible experience with one of the employees.

On February 29, 2012 we checked into this hotel as we have done many, many times in the past. My young daughter is a patient at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and we travel here from south Mississippi for her health care. We choose to stay at the Best Western in Florence because it has always made us feel so welcome. We love the small town feel (compared to Cincinnati) and have always felt so welcomed by the staff.

On March 1st, we left early in the morning for a full day of testing at the hospital. When we returned, we noticed the beds weren’t made. Everything else was cleaned, but the beds weren’t made. I called to the front desk to let them know. Victoria answered the phone and came up to see. She saw my purse on the bed and told me that they will not make the beds if anything was on them. I explained to her that my purse was not on the bed while we were gone as I just sat it there when we got back into the room.

On March 2nd, the toilet wasn’t working properly. We called to use a plunger and Victoria brought it to my husband. He got the impression that she was not happy, at all, with our request.

On March 3rd, we were gone, all day again. When we got back, the room hadn’t been cleaned at all. I called down to the front desk and told Victoria. She came up to the room to see at 5:10pm. We had just gotten back from Walmart and had several bags on the bed. She immediately told me that having something on the bed would prevent them from making the bed. I said, “We’ve already had this conversation.” She said, “You will not yell at me.” I replied, “I am not yelling; this volume is not yelling.” She then walked out of the room, with no explanation.

Now, let me further explain. My husband was here and can verify this. More importantly, my daughter was here witnessing her erratic behavior. I never yelled. I never cursed. I never gave her ANY indication to react the way she did.

I went downstairs and heard her on the phone, at the front desk, talking about me. I paused for a second to make sure I was hearing correctly as I could not believe she would have a conversation like that right at the front desk for all to hear. I then asked for her name. She told me her name was Victoria and then I asked what her district and regional manager’s phone numbers and names were. She told me to call 1-800-WESTERN. I asked why she wouldn’t give me the information and she told me, “I am not the cleaning staff and I don’t have 30 minutes to clean your room.” I was appalled that she would make such a reference implying it would be okay to fuss at a cleaning staff, but not her, who was apparently above that social level. Of course, this is her perception because, not at one time was I rude. She said, “This conversation is over” and walked away, while I was in mid-sentence. I stepped into the breakfast area and did just that. I called the 800 number and was put through to Judith at Customer Care. She was very helpful and gave me an address where I can send a complaint letter. I explained to her that I didn’t want to stay at this hotel anymore and she told me she couldn’t change it because it was prepaid.

After speaking to Judith, I went back to the front desk to tell Victoria that I wanted to leave a message for her manager to call me. She told me her manager was in my room, cleaning it.

My husband reports that when I left to go back upstairs to the room, she walked into the breakfast room area where he and my daughter were watching basketball and turned the channel, without even asking if they were watching it. She changed it to a music video station. She did not ask either of them if they were watching the television prior to changing the channel.

When I got back to my room, there was a lady cleaning. I asked if she was the manager and she told me she was not and explained that the manager’s name was Brett. I asked her name and she told me it was Lisa. Lisa was very helpful. I asked Lisa to please relay the message for Brett to call me.

Brett called and was very professional. She listened to me and apologized for my experience. I told her that we no longer want to stay here because we don’t feel safe. I realize that’s a strong statement, but it’s absolutely the truth. For Victoria to react the way she did and storm out, in front of small children, for no apparent reason gives both my husband and myself the rightful feeling of uncertainty.

My issue is NOT with the room being unclean. My issue is with Victoria and her unwarranted behavior. The icing on the cake is seeing her behavior AFTERWARDS… After she heard me call Customer Care. She’s ran around the hotel, patting other guests on the back, etc.

After about five years of staying here during our hospital visits, we will sadly have to change our lodging arrangements. It's unfathomable to me that a company would have someone representing them who goes from one extreme to another, without cause. I have submitted a formal complain with corporate. Hopefully they will take measures to correct the situation as no amount of free breakfast makes up for an unbalanced associate.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
23  Thank Renee D

I remember your concern personally. On behalf of Victoria, she is sorry for her misbehavior. I have spoke to her, along with ownership, on her attitude; we have taken the time to root to the problem, and we have seen improvement when she is handling situations. I know that you stated you would not stay here again but I truely hope that you give us a chance to see our improvements.
Noticing a pattern in housekeeping issues, we have hired a new housekeeping supervisor to monitor the rooms in detail for stayover and first impressions service.
I personally would love to have the opportunity to show you that your experience was a one time issue, and has been fixed.
If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please call me at 513-453-2460

Sincerely

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This hotel is tucked away off Interstate 75 at Exit 181. Inexpensive, clean, comfortable, safe and quiet. Rooms are large and quiet...did I say quiet...? Bed was very comfortable too. Some rooms have big jacuzzi tubs for 2 in bathroom which is nice touch if you are not traveling alone. The morning breakfast was fresh and hot. Not sure about any rotation of items as I only stayed one night, but waffles, cereal, sausage gravy and hot eggs, with the juice, coffee, toast, muffins works just fine. You also have everything you could possibly want nearby for food, car, traveling or shopping. One other thing that is important, if you have a question, email or call the hotel. They will go above and beyond to help or answer your questions.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room was great. Tub is big enough for 2.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KyDrew
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

your review is so helpful to our guests and I thank you for that. Your comments allow my guests to make sure they have a great stay.
I thank you for taking your time to do this. We love to hear that your stay was great

We will see you again

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Florida after booking online while on the road after reading good reviews here on TA. Our king room was the last one available so they put us in the room especially outfitted for wheelchair use although we do not require any special needs. The downside was it had a Roll in shower suitable for wheelchair use...and the shower water went all over the bathroom and required that we put towels on the floor which soon became totally soaking wet. They should probably provide extra bath mats or towels for that particular room. Otherwise the bed was firm and comfortable. The extra blanket came in handy as the room was a bit cool but certainly not uncomfortable.

There was a fridge and older model tv which worked.

Breakfast was available near the lobby starting at 6 am. It was ok for a quick bite.

I would recommend a few upgrades when possible.
Overall for 79.99 + tax it was okay. We'd probably stay again when we're in the area and looking for a budget hotel. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you so very much for writing a review. We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I personally want to thank you for your time. Our future guests and our property apprecaite your honest opinion.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were very pleased with our room and the breakfast facilities, both were very clean and well cared for. However I would have to say the best part of our stay was the more than competent staff. I brought along my laptop for the very first time, and of course, I had problems. I called down to the front desk and explained my dilemma, and was told by this lovely lady that she would try to help me if I would bring my wireless down to the desk. She tried everything to help me out, but to no avail... At that point she called another staff member to come out front and see if she could help. Even this young lady was stumped with what was NOT happening for me, so she called on another staff member. This time a gentleman came forward and took on the task.. He figured out what my problem was and was able to enter in the guest code number. I was so impressed with the determination of these three staff personnel that I just had to let you know.. After all this, we went to dinner at one of the great restaurants in the area, and this was by the direction of the lovely lady on the front desk. Sometimes rooms aren't everything !!!

Room Tip: "Friendly Staff are usually a singe that the hotel cares about their customers"
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know, and also our viewers, about your wonderful experience. Although we try to exceed in all areas, you are correct about "a stay is more than a room" and we are happy to see that we have exceeded your expectations.

We hope that you come and visit again. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was our first hotel experience! When we checked in we was asked if my "special needs child" had and food/cleaner allgeries. We was given a list of local areas of attractions & resturants. The staff treated us so good! They really went out of their way!! A fridge in our room was awesome! As hard as it was to be far from home, i couldnt have stayed at a better place!!! *THANKS TO BRETT & ALL THE STAFF FOR TREATING US SO GOOD AND REALLY MAKING US FEEL WELCOMED IN YOUR HOTEL!!!* I wouldnt dream of staying anywhere else!!!

Room Tip: If you go to this hotel, clearly you've found the best!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful review. We ALL enjoyed your company and we look forward to seeing you again. I am sorry that I didnt get to say goodbye but hopefully I get to see you soon.

Sincerely