“Creation Museum”

GreenLeadersGold level
Windsor, Canada
“Creation Museum”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Not only was it very clean, but the staff was friendly and helpful. It was close to the Creation Museum, the 2-night rates were very satisfactory, and we even got reduced tickets to the museum. The breakfast room was clean with good variety.
Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, General Manager at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your trip to Florence and we hope to see you again in the future.

Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bluegrass
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband had business in Florence, and I decided to go along with him and chose this establishment because: #1...it was pet friendly; #2...we are Best Western Rewards members; #3...the great reviews on TripAdvisor. When we arrived with our small dog, we were given a box which included a disposable feeding dish (for our dog), a packet of kibble, and a couple of dog biscuits. Nice touch! But, then we were handed a full page of "Rules" that we were to follow concerning our dog and our stay. Hmmmmm....first time this has ever happened, and we travel frequently with our small dog. We have also stayed at MUCH NICER hotels than Best Western (4 and 5 star establishments) and have never been given a list of rules upon check-in. This was a little taste of negativity and we hadn't even walked into our room yet. The room was average, but it was obvious that housekeeping had failed to vacuum the floor properly...under the desk was obvious dirt and lint next to the wall. Speaking of the desk...which my husband used to work on his laptop in the evenings...there were two chairs, but next to impossible for two people to sit at the desk at the same time. Not enough room, due to the air conditioner. The bathroom seemed to be clean at first glance, but then I noticed hair and dirt on the floor. Everything else seemed clean enough, so I didn't complain. We never walk barefoot in hotels anyway. I sat down to read the pet rules before I even unpacked our suitcases. We were going to be there for three days and three nights, so I wanted to familiarize myself with their rules, which were pretty extensive. Clean up after the dog uses the bathroom in the designated space behind the hotel. No problem. I always do that (although I've NEVER been ORDERED to do so before) and wish that other owners would do the same. If you fail to do so, there would be $150 fine. Seemed a little extreme...especially considering how would they know that your dog was the one whose owner did not dispose of his waste? I knew there was at least one other small dog at the hotel...plus it was an open area where ANY animal in the neighborhood could decide to choose the Best Western grounds to do his buisness. Did the hotel have an employee whose job it was to stay outside at all times to make sure the dog owners were disposing of their dog's waste? To make matters even worse, there were no trash cans outside...other than a large industrial garbage bin at the end of the parking lot, which I assume was for the hotel trash used by housekeeping and maintenance. There was also a rule about barking, scratching, or any stains left on the carpet or furniture...another $150 fine. Also, the dog was not to be left alone in the room at any time during our stay. NO EXCEPTIONS. This meant that my husband and I couldn't leave our dog in the room, (not even enclosed in his kennel), for the hour it would take to go out to dinner in the evening after his meetings. We had to take him with us and leave him in the car while we ate. The weather was mild, so it was not a problem. But, had this been in the middle of summer one of us would have had to go to a burger or pizza joint and bring the food back to the room in order to have had dinner together. Couldn't leave our dog in a car during hot weather. Even going to breakfast there at the hotel had to be done seperately, because we couldn't leave our dog in the room by himself. There was also a rule that the owner would have to remove the dog from the room while housekeeping was doing their job. Really? Where was I to go with the dog while housekeeping was cleaning the room? I chose to have a stack of towels and washcloths delivered to our room the first morning and skip housekeeping altogether. Also, should you leave the dog alone in the room and housekeeping or hotel staff should need to go into your room and the dog darts out the door, the employee would make no effort to catch and contain your dog. Animal control would be called and the dog would be removed from the premises. I talked with another lady one morning as we were both outside with our small dogs, and she had the same impression that I did. This is NOT a dog-friendly establishment...regardless of their little "pet welcome box" they give you upon check-in. Like me, she traveled quite a bit with her small dog and she had never been given a list of rules upon checking in. This was a huge turn-off for me. I know that there are people who do not clean up after their pets, etc., and perhaps the hotel has had bad experiences with pet owners in the past. If so, they should just change their policy and not accept pets at all, rather than offending their guests with an extensive list of pet rules which seemed to be extremely strict. Had this been a 5 star downtown city hotel, perhaps I wouldn't have been so surprised by this. But, it was an average Best Western.
The staff that I came into contact with were pleasant, but not overly friendly as some of the other reviews have stated. Also, the continental breakfast was NOT that great. No yogurt, which seemed strange. Almost every hotel has yogurt included in their continental breakfast! The coffee was horrible.
Each and every day and sometimes two or three times a day, we would have to have our keys swiped again because we couldn't unlock our door. And, each time the clerk would give us a puzzled expression as if she had no idea why our key wasn't working.
All in all, it was not a good experience. We will avoid this hotel in the future if we have business in the area. Even if we are traveling without our dog, I will choose another hotel. We fly in and out of the Cincinatti airport frequently and quite often it means staying in one of the area hotels. I will remember NOT to choose this one. If you are not a pet owner, then you probably will be "satisfied" with this establishment, but if you travel with your dog, then you may want to check elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are traveling without your pet, you might want to request a room on the second or third floor...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I would like to start by sending my deepest apologies on behalf of the property for lack of detailed displayed at the property during your stay. Please allow me to take a few moments and relate to your concerns.

Thank you for mentioning our new box for our furry friends. We are starting to extend more details to previous management efforts. I would also like to thank you for taking the time and addressing our extensive hotel pet policy. This was also part of the previous managers efforts and with your concerns will be addressed before your next visit, so that the details will be more clear and not “orderly”. We have had many owners not care for their pets behavior during their stay and it is sad to say that by their LACK of efforts we have had to form such rules. We work with guests that bring concerns to our attentions and I wish that your concerns would have been mentioned so that we could customized something for you as we have done for NUMEROUS guests in the past. We have doggie sat, dog walked, fed and watered for extensive times, we have taken cell phone numbers for guest who inform us they are leaving for dinner and cages are always welcomed and void many of our terms due to the detail to prevent damage to our property. If you ask we are more than happy to assist you with you to achieve a pleasant stay at our property.
Another concern was for the lack of detail in the rooms with furniture arrangements and also cleanliness. We have addressed these concerns already and currently are in transition to an updated more business friendly environment and also details that exceed what you might find in our competition hotels. We hope that these renovations will be done by January of 2012. The housekeeping I am sorry that these details were over looked and are not an option to ever be displayed at our property. As you have read in our reviews this is not a habitual manor that happens frequently and I hope that you take that into consideration for your view on the property.

Please allow me to again extend my deepest apologies for your overall experience. If you are returning to the Best Western Florence area, please contact me directly (859-525-0090 or by email brettrouse@bestwesternflorence.com) and I will extend at free stay to show the continuous improvements that are being made.

Thank you for being a Best Western rewards member and giving us another opportunity to show you our changes that we have implemented.

Brett Rouse
Bensenville, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed here foir 6 straight nights at the beginning of the month on business. I was in room 206, a smoking king bed room that may have been set up as an accessible room. Check in was easy, the room was clean, the bathroom large, and adequate wi-fi in my room. Everyone working at the hotel was pleasant and answered any questions I had. Free breakfast was OK,,,eggs, biscuits and gravy, and waffles along with the normal continental breakfast fare
If anything needed to be added, it would be a more comfortable chair to relax in than the 2 chairs provided with the table. Although the table and chair was fine for working on the laptop, there was no way too get comfortable to watch TV other than lying on the bed. There are no PPV movie channels and I never did find HBO even though it was advertised on the sign out front.

If ever in the Florence area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Best Western once again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank willydoit
Thank you for taking the time and letting us, and our future guests know about your stay. We are glad to see that you had a good experience with the property. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the Best Western ,for being the offical guest to raise our rating to number 3 in Florence, Kentucky!

Severn, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very good acommodations for the price. Convenient to the Creation Museum. Very good variety at the complimentary breakfast. Quiet and comfortable.

1 Thank Nancy C
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for writing a review on your Trip to Florence, KY. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to the Creation Museum, along with your stay at our property.
Thank you again for your wonderful review,
Brett Rouse
Antioch, Tennessee
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Oct 20th, 2011. Our reservations were done online, so the check-in was painless. We were given a list of restaurants in the area, with info on how to get there. I thought that was really cool. Not many places will do that without being asked. We stayed on the 2nd floor, the elevator was working, so load in and load out were very easy. There were baggage carts available also. The room was clean and smoke-free, which was what we wanted. The floor was quiet, so we had a good night's rest. The breakfast was good and hot also. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph S
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
We thank you for contributing and recognizing our efforts in making our property satisfying for everyone’s stay. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Imler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed here with friends from Alabama. The girls behind the counter were very friendly, they helped us with directions and also getting us discount tickets to area attractions. The continental breakfast was better than expected. We had a great stay.

2 Thank Don H
Thank you for writing your review and making us number 4 in Florence, Kentucky! We appreciate your help and also your honest review to allow our future guests have an enjoyable experience as you did.
East Earl, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at this Best Western for two nights in October. There was another couple with us and we shared the hotel room. We visited the area to tour the Creation Museum and found that the hotel was easy to find and easy access to get on and off the highway. The hotel was close to the museum and restaurants. We had a clean quite room. We could not believe how quiet it was. Even with four people sharing the same room, there was no extra noise when someone used the bathroom. Even the air conditioner was fairly quiet. The breakfast was good and we appreciated that we could stay in the same place to eat and then go on our way. The hostesses at the desk were very friendly and helpful. We had a very pleasant experience here and would recommend this hotel to you.

1 Thank Bluebirdsinging
BESTWESTERNFLORENCE, Director of Sales at Best Western Inn Florence, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Crystal,

Thank You for taking the time and leaving your comments about our property.
We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

We truly hope you come and visit us again,