“Security breach: Our door was left open (ajar) from when the room was "cleaned" until we came back at night.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our room door was ajar when we returned to our room at night. We suspect it was open all day from the time of cleaning. Desk was notified immediately: Jeremy never called us back. No manager was on duty then, or the following day. Manager, Jennifer Kent, never contacted us at any point except by email 4 days later. There was no question about or concern shown about missing items, etc. Major problems with cleanliness existed: huge (3/4 inch) bug in bathroom; saggy very worn out lazy boy was filthy dirty...so much so that I couldn't put my hands on the arms because of filthy look. There was only one other chair in the room. We made coffee in the room, only to find that there was lipstick on one cup and dry coffee sludge in the bottom of the other. New sugar/creamers had been placed into the dirty cups. The day before, a used coffee filter was still in the coffee maker. Our food items were frozen in the small room fridge. No temperature controls were visible. This hotel has some major security and cleanliness issues. I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hmordarski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We have stayed at this particular location many times and never a problem. We actually used a traveler hotel coupon for a discounted rate and no issue there either. We will be headed north again in two weeks and most likely will stay here again at that time. Be sure to try Potbellys for great standwiches.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I was surprised by how nice this hotel was, I had never stayed at a LaQuinta before. It all seemed very new. Everything was clean and nice and everything went smoothly. Breakfast was good. The only thing I might complain about was a mild smoke smell in the public areas, but in the rooms it was fine. This hotel was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I've had a bad experience in the past at a La Quinta, but this new hotel redeemed their reputation with me. It is convenient, comfortable, well appointed and I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH.
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We have stayed at every other brand out there. Best Western, Super 8, Motel 6, and none has come close to La Quinta. The La Quinta in Florence KY. is absolutly amazing. For a great rate you get a clean room, great breakfast, and the pleasure of interacting with the staff. My wife and I are early risers (5:00a.m). We hardly ever get to eat the free breakfast. At this hotel the breakfast was supposed to start at 6:00 am. The breakfast attendent/night auditor Jeremy already had breakfast out waiting. He said "I like to put it out a little early for early risers which my wife and I really appreciated. Jeremy was very polite, knowledgable, and professional. Because of his service and attitude is the reason we will continue to stay at La Quinta's accross the country. The room was very clean, and quiet. Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone.

The only downfall is the location is kinda hard to get to, but once you figure it out, it is no problem.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Canton,MI
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed at this location with our dog. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very inviting and friendly! We will stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
dallas tx
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My group arrived staying in 5 rooms. My room that I was given smelled so bad like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The asst mgr came up to smell the room. She said even though she was a smoker she could smell that the smell was overwhelming with smoke. She then got the manager to assign us another room. That room also smelled terrible with smoke which again was verified by the assistant manager. She then went to the manager and said we needed another room and the manager said there was no other rooms available and we would have to stay on the smoking floor, which I said I would not do. The assistant manager told the manager to give us an upgraded room because that was all that was available because they were full. The manager refused. I also refused again the smoking floor. We were at a stand off and finally the manager said we could have the larger room at the same price, but she was not happy. We stayed 2 nights and then at check out we were charged for the full price of the room, not the price the manager told me we would receive. Since the manager left no notes for the day manager she had to take my word for everything which she did.
Then my daughter and her family's room was across the hall from a really big dog that barked all night, which she contacted the management about, and she was told the people in the room with the big room was only staying 1 night. Not much customer service. Because of this terrible experience I don't believe I will ever stay at a La Quinta again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family