“La Quinta-Florence Kentucky”

Reviewed November 9, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed at another LaQuinta and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was so I decided to give this one a try. There was nothing in particular wrong with this one though it felt a small step below my previous experience overall.

The room was big enough, comfortable enough, and the price was reasonable. The desk clerk was pleasant and efficient.

I didn't notice until morning that the usual toiletries had not been left in the room. I'm sure that I could have called the desk, but I had my own so I didn't bother, but it did make me wonder if housekeeping had done everything else to prepare the room. It appeared that this was the only oversight.

The breakfast area was poorly laid out (there were only a few others there at the same time, but we were constantly in each other's way). The food options were pretty limited though there were some hot choices.

Overall this property met my requirements for a good night's stay, clean, comfortable, convenient, and reasonably priced.

I will keep this one on my list as an option for future stays

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall, my experience was ok-the room was big and the bed was comfortable. Staff was nice. The reason for only three stars was because of the noise-proofing in the room and the pool. It was terrible, I could hear highway noise outside, people in the bathroom next door, people upstairs running round, and noise coming from the hallway. I was awakened four times during the night by all of the noise. As for the pool, there was way to much chlorine in it and it looked a little dirty. The water was really cold too and this pool is supposed to be heated! It isn't!

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the highway, avoid the pool-it's cold and has too much chlorine!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was a nice stay for my husband and me. We had our Great Dane with us and they were very accommodating. The rooms were clean and nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine. The only bad thing that I can think to say is that the noise from the interstate was a little loud. This did not really bother us but I could see other travelers finding it problem. If we are ever in this area again, we will definitely be staying here. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Maybe ask for one away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 31, 2013

A number of hotels tend to forget that a customer is not only paying for a room but for service. The La Quinta in Florence certainly didn't forget this, with exemplary service during my recent one-night stay.

I live about 100 miles from the hotel, so my trip to the facility was quick -- too quick, as I arrived before check-out time for the previous evening's guests! I asked if any rooms were available so I could just throw my bags in the room. The fact that I was there five hours before posted check-in time was no issue with this staff. I was given a comfortable accessible room (I did express reservations about having an ADA room in the event that someone might show up and need it, but the desk clerk assured me that they had several ADA rooms available) and was in Cincinnati, having lunch with friends before noon.

One major bonus was that the room was actually COOL when I walked in. Understandably, hotels don't wish to incur extra costs by making empty rooms comfortable; however, some chains take that to the extreme, with the room stifling in the summer or uncomfortably cool in the winter. Not this hotel: the room was very comfortable when I walked in.

My only complaint about the hotel is that the wi-fi was nonexistent outside of the lobby area. I had my iPad connected to wi-fi in the breakfast area but the signal was gone by the time I reached my second-floor room. I also had feather pillows in my room, but the desk clerk assured me that the hotel was transitioning to non-feather pillows throughout the hotel.

Kudos to the staff at the Florence La Quinta for putting service first!

Room Tip: Through September 2013 (the transition should be complete by then) you might want to check your pill...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Got2GoAllTheTime
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is "dog friendly" which is ok except when the dog is running lose in the hallway unsupervised barking. One call to the front desk did seem to take care of the issue. Glad I was in my room and not coming off the elevator. We also experienced the sound of heavy walking above us a good portion of the evening. The room was clean and nicely appointed as were the public areas. Complimentary breakfast was good. In light of our experience with the noise and animals, we would find another hotel if we were traveling through the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple