“SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Melbourne, Florida
“SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Clean Rooms - good staff - but why do you have a "buisiness center" when the computer there (thats all thats there) has nothing loaded on it and is so locked out by the admin that you cant even connect with your company or print a doc off of a thumb drive! Most useless buisiness center I have ever seen. If you have to do work for your job or use any web site beyond browser front page - go somewhere else - not for the business traveler!

Room Tip: 2nd floor noisy above and below - 3rd floor more quiet except if your next to a pet!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Warner Robins
Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you plan on using your computer on your trip, this hotel is NOT the one to stay in. I stay here every month because this is where the company dumps us. I have to say that the internet service here is absolutely the poorest of ANYWHERE I have ever stayed. It dumps you at the most inconvenient times, which is about every 10-15 minutes. Sometimes it takes quite some time to get back on, sometimes you cannot get on at all, MOST times the service is very poor to non-existant. If you have to use your computer, this is NOT the hotel to be in! We have complained so many times to the front desk, and the management just refuses to correct the problem.. Otherwise, this is just a typical La Quinta Inn. A motor hotel, which the management doesn't care about one way or another. And don't count on the ONE computer in the business center.... it's connected to the same screwed-up crap as what you get on your laptop in the room. If it wasn't for the company paying the room bill, this would be the last place I would choose to stay. Or maybe just drive through to the next town if this was the only one with a room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you really need to use your computer to get on the internet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We had a good experience at this motel which met all of our expectations. The place was clean, well maintained. The staff is competent, friendly and helpful. The price was in line for the facility. Even though the building is just 5 years old, ongoing updating was in progress. They are pet friendly. There is a small indoor swimming pool and there is an exercize room. There is a nice breakfast room and a good selection of food. The building is located in a good area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We held our family reunion of 43 people and 1 dog at the La Quinta Inn in Florence KY/Cincinnati OH airport hotel. First, the staff was incredibly friendly, and helpful - they could not have been better. The group room rate was very reasonable as was the rate for the spacious meeting room they provided for our raucous clan to gather over several days. The hotel itself is a few years old, but is very clean and excellently maintained. They were in the process of completely redecorating with beautiful carpets, furniture and lighting fixtures. The breakfast consisted of the usual fare as well as waffles, eggs, sausages and biscuits, and you couldn't asked for more attentive service from the attendant, Fresh fruit such as bananas would have been nice instead of the canned fruit cocktail. The spacious rooms are well appointed, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom sparkled. Lighting in the room was actually bright enough that we could actually read! The pool and spa area were bright and clean. We didn't use the fitness room as we mostly ran and walked around the nearby business areas. The well-equipped business center is in a separate closed room, which was nice and quiet to check emails and print airline tickets.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Wise, Virginia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed with my spouse in this hotel while we were in town to see a concert in Cincinnati. The room was clean, the overall hotel was very clean, and the staff very courteous. Our room was spacious and I would rate my overall experience as above average. The one complaint I had was that at times it was easy to hear the noise in the interior hallways, but I believe that this was because there was a youth group staying on our same floor that were out in the hallways laughing and running. The bed was very comfortable, good linens, and the pillows were only decent. If I had any complaint, it was that the room should have included non-feather pillows. The pillows went flat throughout the night, so I would advise if you are picky (like me) bring your own pillow.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester Michigan, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2010

As I searched for a hotel in this area, I saw that this hotel was newer and accepted dogs, since we were traveling with ours. I was nervous to stay at a hotel that accepted dogs thinking it would smell. Well, I was completely impressed with this hotel and could not even tell that dogs were allowed! It was clean, staff was friendly, never heard a dog bark, breakfast was great, beds comfortable, and the hotel was nice and quiet. I kept saying to my family that I couldn't believe dogs were allowed because the hotel was so clean! I would highly recommend this one for a stay!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Southeast
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I have read a few reviews here and some are saying not safe, well first of all, people ought to know not to leave their valuables in a motel room, anywhere. I do not know of any hotel that will guarantee the safety or protection of valuables left in rooms or in parked cars.

I stayed two nights in Florence. The first night was next door at the Hyatt Place. Yes, it is trendy, clean, has a lot of luxuries, but expensive and really overpriced for the most part. I was charged $112 for Thursday night and the rate went down to $89 the second night, but I could not stay there because the king bed was hard and uncomfortable and the air conditioning. That ac unit is located right next to the bed and was very noisy, everytime the unit came on it would wake me up. There was a lot of vibration and noise while it was running.

I stayed here for the second night, I recieved very courteous service and a much better rate. Mainly, the room was more comfortable and the ac unit was quiet to the point you did not even know it was running! Hey, the breakfast was also better, there was hot food that included waffles, sausage patties, and biscuits and gravy not to mention all of the other usual stuff you find in a continental breakfast.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawtonka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence? Share your experiences!