“given wrong room, no hot water”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Erlanger, KY
“given wrong room, no hot water”
Reviewed February 22, 2006

My husband and I had booked the jacuzzi room for a night away together. We waited four hours after check-in time to be told they were still working on the problem with the door and we could have another room to wait in until the problem was resolved. After waiting another three hours, I decided to take a bath and relax. Unfortunately for me, the boiler was broken so there was no hot water. We finally decided enough was enough and left at 5 am the next morning. What a wasted weekend.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank NANCY B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2006

I recently stayed here for a week long conference in Florence. I was absolutely impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The staff was so friendly and helpful-This is hands down the best hotel Ive ever stayed at for the money. I paid less than $40/night!!

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 13, 2005

The Hotel Ivy (used to be Signature Inn) is a nice place now. Our room had a CD player in it, and great pillows. My wife purchased ours from our room at the front desk, they are down feather pillows. The staff and shuttle service staff was really nice, but the gift shop wasn't open duing our stay. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, it isn't a cookie cutter hotel like others.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank Jo P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2005

clean clean and more clean. it is so hard for me to find rooms that arent half cleaned anymore. i travel alot with my husband jim, and we came upon this hotel ivy, its an large hotel, but they took such good care of us. they even put feather pillows on the bed now, the mattress was 2. we were so impressed with these people that were going to stay there again on our next trip up north.

• Stayed September 2005
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2005

We needed to find a hotel in Florence, and based on the other two reviews posted here at that time, we chose the Hotel Ivy. Apparently it has been called other things in the past, but it is currently the Hotel Ivy. It is not the easiest thing to find, even though I had the directions from the website. Once you turn up into a shopping area (and in fairness, it was already dark when we arrived) it was hard to tell exactly how to find it. They must get quite a bit of airline employee stays because someone asked me if I worked for an airline before I even got to the front desk. We were given a room on the first floor (they do not have elevators, so keep that in mind if you don't want to haul luggage up the stairs) and a key that we could not get to work. I finally took it back to the front desk and they said, "Oh, that room is kind of hard--pull the door toward you at the same time you are trying to turn the handle down and see if that works." Well, if the room is famous for being hard to get into, change the mechanism. The halls, the wall paper, the doors, etc., all look like they have seen better days. The room, actually, was fairly clean. It's just the wear and tear of the years. Breakfast is also OK. If you book 30 days or more ahead of time through their website, you get the best rate. For us, that was $45.00. Two things bothered me--the back door where we parked had a rusted and mostly unrecognizable key slot for access after hours, which meant anyone could get in that door any time with no effort. I doubt their eyes are glued to security cameras to see if someone has entered the hotel through that door. Also, when I was checking in, a pizza delivery guy came and gave them a room number, so they just sent him up the stairs and told him which hallway to take. We've ordered pizza in hotels before and the front desk always called us to come down to get it. It seems like they are not too concerned with security issues.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank impala
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2005

Ya just know when you walk in and there is a Forced Public Health Closure of the swimming pool that you aren't at the finest establishment. But, at 11:30pm with a 7:30am flight we stuck it out for the night.

Our room furnishings were thrift shop qualty items. No working elevator? That's just crazy.

The only reason that I did not use the lowest rating was the staff. Front desk, manger, even the airport shuttle guys were nice ... it's like they thought they worked at the four seasons.

Avoid unless they renovate!

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank haverin
Duffield, VA
Reviewed July 26, 2005

First let's start with the two negatives. One was the breakfast was not as advertised. We had no hot items. The website advertised biscuits, gravy, eggs, pancakes, etc. We had none of this.

Now to the pool. We stayed two nights. On the second day we went to Kings Island and decided to leave and go back to the hotel and swim. We we got back we were told the pool was closed and had been that way for days. But when I made my reservation I asked if they had a pool and they did but you could not use it. The manager told me well you could check out!!

Now the positives. The room was excellent. The beds and pillows were great. I was overcharged for the room but the manager fixed that with no problem. The price for this room was OK considering the problems we encountered.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank dawgrif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Days Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Extended Stay America - Cincinnati - Florence - Meijer Drive

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!