“Cheap, but Not a Bargain”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Fayetteville, AR
“Cheap, but Not a Bargain”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel is located near the Cincinnati airport. Finding it from the interstate is difficult even though it is close to the exits. This is a large older hotel which needs some TLC. The grounds are not well-kept, my room was not very clean and even though I was in a non-smoking wing the smell of tobacco smoke kept drifting into my room. All of the nearby rooms on my floor were non-smoking so I presume that the smoke was coming from upstairs. I had this room through points, and I doubt if I would stay here again even though it was cheap.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TOG11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Guntersville, Alabama
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were on way back home and making an advance reservation was not important so we used one of the travelers coupons for checkin date of arrival. Even with that, which was only $10 off regular rate, we were very disappointed. The room had not been cleaned well. There was a wet washcloth on the TV table, a previous guests's note left on the desk with opened services directory with coffee stains all over pages of bookl The bath floor needed mopping. The outside entrance door to our wing said it was always locked for security but it was never locked when we entered. The breakfast was poorly maintained. The biscuits were stale. The gravy was nearly empty and I asked that it be replenished as there wasn't enough for the two of us. It still had not been serviced after we had finished our breakfast. The trash can in the breakfast area needed cleaning plus there were no trash receptacles nearby for waffle batter cups, coffee service, etc. The exterior trash can in front of the main entrance was still full from the previous day when we left the next morning around 9 a.m.

Room Tip: Less than what we will accept even for a low price
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2011

At $70 a night this is a good cheap place to lay your head..My room was clean, breakfast was adequate..nothing to complain about , but nothing to stand out either..in a few words..Shabby, clean, workable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bowling Green Ky
Reviewed June 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night, while going to a baseball game. We used hotel points to pay for it.
When we drove up, I told my husband it looked like a minimal security building. It was old, hardly any landscaping, and tired looking. You know what they say about first impressions? Though I was truly hoping it was a case of don't judge a book... My husband went in to check us in. First thing he said when he got back in the car was "at least the staff is very friendly". We parked in the back and used the back entrance. This entrance though it has a key lock, it does not work. In fact it looked like the lock was bent so the door stays open all the time. This is definitely a security concern! The room had microwave, fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker. We had a king bed and it had the new bedding you are finding at all hotels now. But it was musty smelling, mildew in the shower, and stains on the carpet. Will we stay again? No

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank jmn026
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My friend and I had reservations at another hotel that turned out to be verrrry bad. After driving and calling hotels for about an hour we finally found this Clarion. The desk clerk (Crystal, I think) was amazing! One of the nicest I've met. The hotel was super clean, rooms were very nice, and price was such a deal! Thanks Clarion!!

• Stayed May 2011
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stay in choice hotels all the time and were surprised to arrive here and have it look almost deserted. The grass hadn't been cut in some time and the place had a run down look to it. We stayed on choice points and were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. Nice touch and huge room(s), but, (some) decoration on the walls would be nice. Good(typical)breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank perkinsgroup
South suburbs
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have stayed at this location on several occasions and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and accomodating and although it is an older hotel, great care has been paid to keeping it clean and attractive. The location is super convenient to the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Int'l airport, I75 and various restaurants and shopping centers, There is a grocery store right across the parking lot which is nice as there are microwaves and refigerators in the rooms. An excellent value for the price. Also a nice continental breakfast in the mornings with hot and cold selections.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to see what is available.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Flygirlsouthsuburbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Days Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!