“In the same parking lot as the Hilton”

Rafferty's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 233 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Good food, fast service. They do a good bbq and they have a great selection of salads. I ate there once for dinner and once for lunch, Both meals were very good. No complaints at all.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice salad selection. Service can be spotty, but most servers very friendly and helpful. As with many restaurants they have their share of rowdy kids. Nice outdoor area.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We came to Florence, KY to stay because we are here for a Cincinatti Reds game and explore the local areas, Florence is just a few miles from the ballpark saw Rafferty's during my early morning walk. Then I looked at their online menu and it looked like a decent place, so we decided to give it a try. The place turned out to be a very good choice. The service and atmosphere at the restaurant were good as well. I would definitely eat here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting in the Florence area.
The restaurant was very clean and we got seated in about ten minutes, it was busy but must have time it right. Plenty of seats inside and out. It is situated along the busy road just along from Turf way Parkway race track. It was styled like a restaurant /sports bar.
If you're lucky enough to get a seat on the patio, you can catch a nice breeze in the summer. They also have 9 plasma televisions in the dining room which fit together to show all the local sports.
We both got the 10oz cowboy steak with melted blue cheese on top at a cost of $14 and it was cooked to perfection just the way we asked (it was the best steak I had in the USA this year!!) the only fault I could say about it was one of the sides, a sweet jacket potatoes great but it had cinnamon butter on top of it may they should put it in a tub on the side and you can try it before you spoil you tea? I still ate it as it was ok and most Americans like cinnamon anyway.
The food must have been good as my “fussy” eater son ate all of his quicker than me! He had the chicken with garlic mash. Great food at very reasonable prices.

24  Thank SUSAN H
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have eaten at Raffertys about 20 or more times in the last 10 years or so. I LOVE their mushrooms and their steaks. We usually have impeccable service and great food. Then we visited Florence KY and stayed at a local hotel while visiting several doctors with my daughter. Needless to say, we saw the Raffertys and went for dinner.
I ordered Flos fillet. Its my favorite and its usually superb. I dont like my meat to bleed so I get it medium well. We ordered and waited. The salads were fine, the tea was ok.
When my steak came out I could see right away that it wasnt medium well. It was bleeding on my plate. I cut it in half and sure enough, it was rare. Yuck. It took several minutes of waiting and looking before our server came over and when I showed it to him he apologized and took the plate back to the kitchen.
About 10 minutes later a server (not ours) came and brought me back the same steak I had cut, but this time it was nearly burned. I gave up. We never saw a manager, the waiter didnt remove the meal from my check. Ulitmately I think it was one bad experience at one specific location but I would not recommend eating there at all. Go across the street to Cracker Barrell. :-)

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were on a cross country road trip heading through Cincinnati and got caught in rush hour traffic. We pulled off and found Rafferty's. The ribs were great the beer was cold and the patio was perfect. Our waiter was excellent It was an oasis from the road and traffic.