“Yum”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Edgewood, Kentucky
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Ate there for the first time last week. Had fajitas, tacos, and margaritas. Excellent service, good food! Kids loved it. We'll be back.

1 Thank franmom

Roswell, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kind of blah, not spicy food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I love mexican food, but would not go out of my way to eat here again---tasty but not spicy at all, very bland---the saving grace was the excellent service--very nice and quick

1 Thank violalovey
Union, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My number one all time favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

The food is aMaZiNg...especially the salsa! I get mad cravings for the chicken enchilladas and rice... and if you are starving and want food NOW, they bring the chips within 30 seconds of sitting down and the food within 5 minutes of ordering it! The people working there have been there forever and are all very geniune good people. If you need anything and they haven't been to your table in a while, just wave them over-- they won't get offended. They want to serve you, not pester you or kiss your bu**. This has been the meeting place for me and my friends since it was across the street in the Ramada. Its in an old Frisch's and the decor is almost comical, so don't take someone there on a first date- it more of a place to go with friends and family for a chilled out meal. Its all about the food, the service, and the people. An added bonus is that my bill is always about $5... can't beat it! Oh and try the fried icecream.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Andi000
Erlanger, Kentucky
“So not worth it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

I recently moved to Florence, KY and checked out the Camino Real as it was the top rated restaurant at the time based on 4 reviews. I wish I had never read the reviews. This place was horrible. Price was average for dine in restaurant, but food was horrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am not sure if it was the building itself or just the poor service and food, but I actually told my wife I would call this place the "Denny's of Mexican Food." By that I mean, probably only good at 3am and if you are drunk and nothing else is open. Enjoy!

1 Thank AUS4Beer
ky
“I hate Mexican food....Except for this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

I've been to many mexican restaurants in my life and have come to the conclusion that I pretty much consider the flavor of rice and refried beans to be similar to wet cardboard, This please is the complete opposite. Camino Real is a place that I can't get enough of and everyone is correct about the service and hospitality. Beware that the margaritas are extremely potent and you can't get past 2 of them without slurring your words. I would say the only downside is the ambiance, since it's a former Frisch's.