“Highly recommended... the service and food were excellent”
Review of Steinhaus - CLOSED

Steinhaus
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Turfway Road to Dixie Hwy / Left on Dixie
Description: At Steinhaus our mission is to serve fresh, local and global cuisine in an atmosphere of casual elegance with a focus on warm and friendly service.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went there on a cold, snowy night...Just looking for a nice comfort meal with some genuine German cuisine....WOW. I was impressed. I lived in Germany years ago and love the food when it is genuine and true to its roots. This place gets it..! Great, friendly service. Sat at the bar, the bartender was a pleasure to talk to. Ordered the sampler, with a recommended full bodied, rich beer. I was very pleased with the quality of the food prepared. Very flavorful and filling. I will definitely return. One of the best meals I have had in a while.

1  Thank Mark G
Karen K, Owner at Steinhaus, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Mark, I want to personally thank you for your 5 STAR review on Trip Advisor. We truly give our best to our guests and are thrilled that you noticed and shared your experience. Again, I say Danke Schoen! Karen Koeppe, Steinhaus Owner

There are newer reviews for Steinhaus

Reviewed January 1, 2014

So many Americans have German ancestry, here is food for your genes.

I enjoy good German cooking. It is hard to find, but so satisfying with its hearty and earthy tastes.

This is traditional German dining. I would go just for the home fried potatoes, red cabbage and brazed brussel sprouts. But the veal, pork and wursts in traditional German preparation and servings was a treat. Large portions. Don't miss the warm camembert salad..unusual, but good.

Prices are reasonable. Wine prices are very good. The atmosphere is like a german resturant in europe today, could have been Cologne. Clean, neat and efficient, The restrooms will remind you of the finest German hotels..a chucckle...fun to see.

A very good experience....I'll be back!

2  Thank racehorses
Karen K, Owner at Steinhaus, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

All I can say is "vielen Danke!" Your review on Trip Advisor showed you truly have flair in the German culture. Thank you for sharing your experience at Steinhuas Restraurant with the world. We appreciate you thoughtfulness and time, and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is really authentic and very good. The servings are huge the servers are nice. Over all the place is the best german restaurant in the area hands down if you dont know what to get try the sampler with snitzel rouladen and sourbrouden

1  Thank Will D
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had been wanting to try this German restaurant since we enjoy that cuisine. The menu offered a wide variety of authentic dishes plus beers and wines. Both my wife and I found the entree meat to be quite good and faithful to the heritage of the place, we found the sides to be poor. Service was good and the atmosphere is pleasant if not luxurious. In the end we were disappointed in the food.

1  Thank dklocke
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food was excellent. They do some marvellous things with mushrooms. This is the best German food I have had outside of Germany.

Visited there as part of a large 12+ group. This was a business dinner and the table, which was a semicircular type configuration was great as everyone could see each other and partcipate in discussions. Great for large families or groups. The waitresses had access to the middle for serving.

Good wait staff, attentive without being intrusive.

Highly recommend