“Spend more & go elsewhere”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As someone who has traveled for business & stayed in many hotels over the years, I found this hotel to be lacking.

The pros were the price & the location. The cons were everything else.

First of all, apparently they never clean the carpets. My child had a bath right before we left for the hotel. We drove in the car for hours & the only place he walked was in the hotel room. His bare feet were BLACK after a few minutes of walking around on the carpeting.

Strangely enough, there was no information provided about any of the hotel services when we checked in or in the hotel room itself. The information we found out came from the hotel website, not the hotel staff or at the actual location of the hotel.

Our free continental breakfast wasn't worth the hassle. Some of the slots on the one 4-slice toaster didn't function and it burned our bagels twice. I had to go to the front desk twice because items weren't out. The milk was frozen. We went to Mcdonald's the next day instead of dealing with it again.

Our room was on the first floor & we couldn't open the curtain in our room because there was a table right outside the window where employees took their break. There was always someone out there, it seemed.

The one thing they did tell us was that there was free mini golf next door, but neglected to tell us we needed to pick up passes at the front desk. We walked over with our children, were told we needed a hotel pass, so I had to walk back to the hotel & then was informed the hotel was out of passes so my kids were disappointed when we walked back to the hotel without playing.

Not much of a sound barrier between the floors, either. It sounded like someone was herding cattle above us.

Housecleaning took our towels, clean ones as well as dirty for some reason, and didn't replace them. They didn't do any other housekeeping in the room while we were there, either. Our trash was piled up by the end of our two day stay.

Also, the beds weren't very comfortable. Using their internet connection was a hassle, too, and slow.

Bottom line, if we stay in the area again, we'll be staying at another hotel. We can't imagine somewhere else could be any worse.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I were in town from Georgia for a family reunion. I chose this hotel based upon past visitor's reviews; I was so very happy with my choice. The hotel was clean, our room was clean, and the staff was so very friendly (Amanda, you're the best!). Also, being located close to the Mall made my wife and daughter giddy! This will be our home away from home whenever we are in the area visiting!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Tasha G, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While driving from PA to TN, we grew weary and checked tripadvisor for a hotel south of Cincinnati at 1:30 a.m. The Microtel was right off I-71 and easy to locate. Yes, the room was small, but for 2 of us for one night, it was just fine. It was clean, had nice linens, and had a small microwave and fridge. I've read reviews about the bed over the a/c unit, and it is rather like a window seat/bed that a youngster would probably be happy with rather than an adult. Our only difficulty (actually my husband's!) was that the a/c unit blew cool air right on him all night and couldn't be diverted. (If I had known this, I would have convinced him to switch sides with me after 26 years of "our side" of the bed, since I tend to be very warm and wouldn't have minded the cool air.) The room was extremely reasonable, clean, attendants friendly - what more does one expect for the price? Yes, it's a small "suite" but I didn't expect a Ritz Carlton! This was our first stay at a Microtel, and we'd do it again. We didn't partake of the continental breakfast, so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is in a quiet spot. We got bumped up to a "suite" which was nice and clean, quiet and perfect for our one night stay. The beds were very comfortable. The staff even let us check in early because we got there early. Everyone was very nice. The continental breakfast was your typical fare.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Florence hotels
Days Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!