Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel was great! Great rates (especially with military discount), staff was friendly, rooms were very clean! Breakfast was pretty good, would be nice to add a waffle maker or something hot... but offers enough variety to satisfy. The room for a one bed was kind of smaller than most hotels, but the cleanliness made up for it for sure. Very nice. Also includes free mini golf next door and discount at a great bbq joint.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb G
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a great hotel with great rates. It is in a great location and very easy to get to but not on a busy road so it's easy in and easy out. My ONLY complaint is the key card system. My card NEVER worked the first time and I was lucky if worked by the 8th try. My daughter had a little better luck with 4 or 5 tries. Card was replaced by the front desk daily but at one point my door was left open by housekeeping. It didn't look open but as I put the key in, the door pushed open. Not sure if the issues are related but just be sure your door is closed when you leave. This hotel is clean and updated and I would stay there any time I'm in the area. The key issue is the only thing that keeps me from giving this 5 stars

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank djlamlBuffalo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were traveling home from our spring break and needed a place to stay. Pulled in off I-75 and picked Microtel out of the blue. Check in was great and room was very clean. I was travelling with my wife and 3 boys. Room easily accomodated us for the single night.

A great perk for the kids after a long day in the car was free golf right next door for Microtel guests. We ate at the snack bar (good wings) and hit golf balls to our hearts content. In the morning, we had a nice breakfast that was included in the stay.

Overall, we were very happy with our experience. Microtel was perfect for our needs - reasonable price, clean and comfortable rooms, and free breakfast inthe morning. The staff was great and very friendly. We would stay again if we were passing through.

Room Tip: No pool but free golf/mini-golf/range balls next door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Basin71
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good value for the dollar. Clean rooms, good breakfast choices, and nice staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank winemaker46
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The room was smaller than expected but great breakfast and free mini golf (paid $50) Good value

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DB67154
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel while visiting family living in the Cincinnati area. I found the hotel to be nice by the standards of this class of hotel. Clean, comfortable bed, etc. The included breakfast was simple - bagles, muffins or cereal - but did the trick for me. The staff was courteous.

There were some negatives - the room felt like a dorm - pretty small, institutional-looking furniture. Plus, the all-plastic shower creaked as you stood in it (same was true in other rooms in the hotel where my family stayed). Also, the picture in my room had clearly been forceably removed from the wall - there were bare holes where the screws had been securing it. And the lobby had a funny smell - like really old cigarette smoke.

Overall, however, it met our needs just fine. We wanted a decent place to sleep that was cheap, close to my relatives, and allowed dogs. It satisfied all of those criteria. So, if you are just looking for a bed and a shower, I would recommend this hotel. If you are on a family vacation or a business trip and think you might spend time hanging out in your room, I would advise going to another hotel where the rooms are larger and the furnishings are a bit more upscale. Otherwise you will probably feel like you are back in college.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank christinamn
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed one night during a cross-country drive. I like the Microtel chain. This hotel, like other Microtels, was clean and tidy, with a comfortable bed. Bathroom amenities are Serano, a level up from the generic-type you get a budget hotels. Towels surprisingly soft. Good selection of TV cable channels. Great front desk desk. Breakfast was so-so. Lots of flight crews here, since it's close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Missanne1959
Travelers also viewed these Florence hotels
Days Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Americas Best Value Inn - Florence / Cincinnati
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!