“Traveling overnight stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were traveling home from our spring break and needed a place to stay. Pulled in off I-75 and picked Microtel out of the blue. Check in was great and room was very clean. I was travelling with my wife and 3 boys. Room easily accomodated us for the single night.

A great perk for the kids after a long day in the car was free golf right next door for Microtel guests. We ate at the snack bar (good wings) and hit golf balls to our hearts content. In the morning, we had a nice breakfast that was included in the stay.

Overall, we were very happy with our experience. Microtel was perfect for our needs - reasonable price, clean and comfortable rooms, and free breakfast inthe morning. The staff was great and very friendly. We would stay again if we were passing through.

Room Tip: No pool but free golf/mini-golf/range balls next door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Basin71

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good value for the dollar. Clean rooms, good breakfast choices, and nice staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank winemaker46
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The room was smaller than expected but great breakfast and free mini golf (paid $50) Good value

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DB67154
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel while visiting family living in the Cincinnati area. I found the hotel to be nice by the standards of this class of hotel. Clean, comfortable bed, etc. The included breakfast was simple - bagles, muffins or cereal - but did the trick for me. The staff was courteous.

There were some negatives - the room felt like a dorm - pretty small, institutional-looking furniture. Plus, the all-plastic shower creaked as you stood in it (same was true in other rooms in the hotel where my family stayed). Also, the picture in my room had clearly been forceably removed from the wall - there were bare holes where the screws had been securing it. And the lobby had a funny smell - like really old cigarette smoke.

Overall, however, it met our needs just fine. We wanted a decent place to sleep that was cheap, close to my relatives, and allowed dogs. It satisfied all of those criteria. So, if you are just looking for a bed and a shower, I would recommend this hotel. If you are on a family vacation or a business trip and think you might spend time hanging out in your room, I would advise going to another hotel where the rooms are larger and the furnishings are a bit more upscale. Otherwise you will probably feel like you are back in college.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank christinamn
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed one night during a cross-country drive. I like the Microtel chain. This hotel, like other Microtels, was clean and tidy, with a comfortable bed. Bathroom amenities are Serano, a level up from the generic-type you get a budget hotels. Towels surprisingly soft. Good selection of TV cable channels. Great front desk desk. Breakfast was so-so. Lots of flight crews here, since it's close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Missanne1959
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Because of our good first experience, this was our choice for a second stay at this motel.
Everyone there was helpful and friendly, esp. the housekeeping staff.
For breakfast we were offered bread, muffins, bagels, cold cereals and instant hot cereals, cream cheese, jams, OJ, coffee,milk, hot water, and probably more that I have forgotten. And in our book, THAT is sufficient. All that in a comfortable breakfast room. The only reason I mention that is we were surprised: the breakfast was less extravagant than the first time. But that's what it was the first time- extravagant. This time it was still GOOD, and plentiful, just not the abundant choices.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sososonny
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Check in and out was smooth. Room was clean and had everything you need (bed, tv, desk, bathroom, closet). No shampoo in bathroom but perhaps you can get at the front desk (I carry some just in case so I never checked). Rates are very reasonable.
Offer free golf at the course next door, access to a local workout location and a discount at a local eatery.
Only one place to eat within walking distance (BBQ spot).
Breakfast was continental and basic. All in all, a good place to stay if passing through or in town for a few days and just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mslade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Days Inn Florence
Comfort Suites Florence
Comfort Suites Florence
#6 of 28 in Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!