Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road
$168
$136
$116
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$109
$115
Travelocity
$75
Priceline
All reviewsstayed hereroom was cleanleave early in the morningwafflesmotel breakfastbiscuits gravyfamily eventfront desk clerkcreation museumfirst floorwithin walking distancefuture tripsturfway parkhighly recommend this hotelpark and flyfree shuttlebreakfast was excellent
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here back in the spring and wrote a review then; only a couple of things different would I note for this review. Scroll down to see my first review of this facility.

The first time I stayed here, I was on the first floor. This time I was on the second floor. I found my room to be a bit dark, especially in the corner where the table was. The room would definitely benefit from another lamp.

Water pressure in the shower was weak, just like my other room in my previous stay. Otherwise, it was definitely a clean and comfortable room with a hearty hot breakfast available in the morning.

Cashed in a free night through the Choice Privileges program and it's actually quite astonishing that a hotel this nice is only 10,000 points

It's close to everything in the area, including any shopping or dining one could imagine. It's next door to the Turfway Park horse racing track if you're into playing the ponies, and also not far from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank millenniumhwy
Alyson H, Manager at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our hot breakfast. We love to hear from our guests, so we appreciate you letting us know of any concerns. We will be reviewing our lighting in the rooms and making improvements where necessary. Thanks again and we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. I ended up sick with an infection and the manager gave us a late check out time why we waited to hear from my doctor in Idaho. The front desk was very helpful, recommending a pharmacy conveniently located in the Target across the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Alyson H, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

It was our pleasure to assist you in your time of need. Thanks for taking the time to review our property and we hope you are feeling better!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here on our way south to Smoky Mountains National Park.

Very happy with the location, just south of the city centre and only seconds off the hwy. It's close to the airport (airport noise was not a factor at all), a good variety of restaurants, including one of our favourites "Famous Dave's BBQ", which was within walking distance, literally across the street. It's also within walking distance to Target which is just in behind the hotel.

Our room was very nice and quit clean, with one exception... in the shower there was some red mould in the corners of the inside wall. There was also a strange, constant, sound coming from outside, we thought it might have been a truck idling, but could see nothing when we looked out the window. Then we thought it might have been the air/heating unit, turned it off but could still hear it. Either way it didn't stop us from sleeping.

Breakfast was decent, nothing special, eggs, sausage, cereal, variety of breads and juice... coffee wasn't so great, watery, which we have found to be the norm at most hotels, so we grabbed a coffee else where.

Upon checking out in the morning the lady at the desk asked me how our stay was. I wasn't going to say anything because this can happen when water pools in one spot, and really isn't a big deal, but decided to tell her about the shower and the noise anyway. She immediately apologized and gave us a 10% discount on our final billing.

All in all, we are still happy with the room regardless and impressed with this Comfort Inn's customer service.

Room Tip: - there is a elevator, so access to upper floors is easy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DHPhotography
Alyson H, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am glad to see you were compensated for the issues you had. We encourage our guests to let us know if anything is less than perfect and take your concerns very seriously and will do our very best to correct these issues! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back to see us again soon!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff was incredibly friendly. The room was clean, though I could tell housekeeping hadn't checked under the table. The bed was softer than I prefer, but was clean. The bathroom appeared clean.. The breakfast was very good - the sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy were among the best I've had for hotel hot breakfast, and there were cinnamon waffles available for the making.

The negatives: While the bathroom appeared clean it did have a bit of a mildew smell. I reported this to the front desk. But possibly the most disliked thing was the the height of the toilet. It's the right height for 6 year old. For adults it was PAINFULLY low - very difficult to get on and off. Like sitting in a chair in a kindergarten classroom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Alyson H, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! We're so glad you enjoyed breakfast, as we work hard to ensure everyone has delicious options to choose from every morning. We also appreciate you letting us know about the housekeeping issues, we will get these resolved asap! We take pride in providing guests a clean, comfortable place to stay while traveling and take guests concerns very seriously. We hope you will stop by the next time you are in town!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived in Florence too tired to drive any further and inquired about vacancies in two other hotels which were each more expensive than I expected. The Comfort Inn was less expensive and was fine. Full disclosure: I really didn't look around the hotel much and didn't stay for breakfast but it was a quiet, comfortable place to sleep and was clean and well kept.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank robd
Alyson H, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thanks so much! We're glad you were able to get some rest and enjoyed your stay!