“Bright, clean and comfortable”

Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife has stayed here a few times while visiting the Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati area, but this was my first time. This used to be a Red Roof Inn but is now a Comfort Inn. One giveaway is the "enter" and "exit" signs on the street, which are still the Red Roof style. But the whole thing has been remodeled and other than the street signage, if I didn't know this was a former Red Roof, I would never have guessed.

The room was great. It was practically spotless and has obviously been renovated recently. Had a microwave and fridge, a table and chairs, comfy beds and a big TV with lots of channels. The wifi was super-fast. The air conditioner was very quiet and it worked well on a very hot day.

Great breakfast, with continental fare, biscuits & gravy, and sausage and eggs. The dining area is rather small, but that's OK.

Location is great. This is the busiest commercial area in Northern Kentucky, with any shopping and eating venue one could imagine available within a couple of miles. The motel is adjacent to a Target, and Meijer, Walmart, the Florence Mall, Best Buy and tons of other stores are not too far way. There are several restaurants within walking distance and dozens of others just a short drive away. It's adjacent to the Turfway Park horse racing track and not far from the airport.

Nitpicks include (as usual) the water pressure in the shower, a squeaky floor above my room and the fact that the bathroom door wants to stay closed.

If in the area again, I would definitely consider staying here, especially if I needed a Choice Hotels stay to fill out some sort of promotion (which this one did for me, it was the last qualifying stay I needed for a $50 gift cart).

Room Tip: If you have a discount that gets you more than the standard 10 percent offered by AAA or AARP, use i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank millenniumhwy
Alyson H, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thanks so much for your review! We spent several months renovating our property, so it's nice to hear your positive comments! We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I am sorry to have to advise you NOT to stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is easy to access from the freeway and close to restaurants and shopping.
BUT... it must be O-L-D (the gal at the front desk said it used to be a Red Roof Inn) and made of wood, no concrete!!!!!!!! The floors were SQUEAKY so whenever someone in the room above us even moved, we heard it. There is NO sound-proofing between the rooms so when the GUY next door coughed... we heard it. When he used the bathroom... we heard it - a-l-l !!
I'm not a light sleeper, but I was wakened multiple times by the sounds of others. I don't see how they can fix this without tearing this thing down and starting over by building a new building.
So if you want to actually sleep... don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate L
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I was blown away on checking in at this Comfort Inn,,, The staff members where Great, kind, friendly... property was clean out side and in... Lobby area was VERY nice... Everything looks so new and up to date. When I got to my room i felt like I was the first one to check in to this room....NOT just clean BUT sanitary ... Truly, not a missed area....
Management and Staff truly Care and DO ALL the right things for you to have a GREAT stay.~!
I WILL BE BACK~!

Room Tip: ANY ROOM i AM SURE, I was on the 3rd floor front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray S

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Guests like yourself make all the hard work and dillengence worth it! Come back soon!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have stayed at this motel numerous times and have been very happy with its employees and management. The rooms are clean, updated and throughout the years they have always update the facilities. The hotel is nearby many eateries as well as shopping. It is close to the racetrack. Various food items are available on the breakfast bar and a computer is available for use. When in the area, this is a reliable and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank l p

Thanks for your kind words! We are very proud of our property, so it's nice to hear comments like this from a frequent guest! See ya soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I only live about an hour away and have stayed at this location since it opened as a Red Roof Inn. We most always stay in room 101 (King size room) and are never bothered by noise. They have all the essentials one would need right in your room. We love the waffles for breakfast! There are restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues all close by. The two reasons we keep going back there for our mini-vacations is due to the Manager, Dave Trivedi who always treats us right, and we feel very safe at this hotel.

Room Tip: We have stayed on all the floors at one time or another, but prefer the floor closes to the kitchen...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerryinohio

Thank you so much! It's always nice to hear positive comment from a frequent guest! This must mean we are doing something right! Come back soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Room 100, last available anywhere. Nice looking on the surface, nice bed, but very noisy at ground level. Lots of street noise even after 11pm. Could hear footsteps from room above even though high ceilings. Complimentary breakfast at 8am (not late for morning hours of breakfast offered) was terrible. Eggs were like transparent raw hide and stuck to pan. Sausage was cold. I mentioned this to the front desk and no one did anything except come check the coffee. NO WAY, even if last room for a 100 miles, will we stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I travel a lot and stayed here given the feedback from others about this hotel. It is clean and affordable. The hotel has been updated. Our room came with a small fridge. Continental breakfast was available. Lighting was a little dim inside the room, but absolutely nothing to complain about. Lots of food choices around the area. I felt safe staying at this hotel. I will be staying here again, next month.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family