“Great place for a short visit, not so much for long visit”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Great place for a short visit, not so much for long visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the people are really great. They are all so helpful and friendly. The rooms are large and have a small refrigerator and a bar sink. The beds are comfortable and it is very quiet. I had a small child across the hall from me and once inside the room, I couldn't hear the baby crying at all.
The breakfast looks great and is so much more than a regular 'free breakfast'.
The 24/7 food is not what you would find on a room service menu. You have a choice of appetizers, flat bread pizza, a couple of salads and dessert. So if you are expecting to order a steak for dinner, it isn't available.

However if you plan to stay for more than a couple of days, you may want to consider the following:

There's no room service. You can order off the 24/7 menu but you have to pick it up in the lobby.
There's no bell hop service. You will need to carry your luggage to your room.
There's no microwave in the room.
The closet is probably the biggest issue. They reduced it so there would be more room in the room. Unfortunately, it is too small. The hangers can not hang straight because the depth of the closet is too small. If hung straight, they would stick out of the closet a few inches. Also, the door to the closet is maybe 15" wide and it doesn't slide, so once you put your clothes in there, you can only see the first 4 or 5 pieces. Everything else is back behind the wall and can't be seen.

If I were staying only a few days, the place would be fine. But long term, it just isn't functional.

Room Tip: I understand that the first floor is the only floor that gets consistent internet connection. Don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I know this isn't a 5 star hotel, but for the price, I'm very satisfied with my stay. This hotel is pretty standard setup as to many other Hyatt Place properties, clean and very spacious. I also found the location to be very good. Close to airport, highway. Also very close to a mall, which provided a large number of dining options. Breakfast was included which was also a plus. Would definitely recommend this place. The AC unit was a little noisy in my room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Hyatt Place chain are all pretty much identical in features from the lobby and breakfast area to the rooms. We have never noticed much variance between locations. When children are with us, as they are during the holidays, we love having the 2 beds plus a long couch that turns folds out into a bed or serves as a sleeping area as is. At every hotel/motel, we ask for extra towels and this one is not an exception. We also greatly appreciate having two sink areas with mirrors for grooming, etc. A refrigerator is available and we always put our soft drinks in here for our evening. Beds are very lush and comfortable. We got a great price on some rooms at Christmas time via Expedia. The only thing we don't think is "over the top" is the continental breakfast. Basically no protein sources such as eggs, bacon, etc. are available except if you pay extra for it. My kids do not usually find the breakfast to be inspiring for that reason. If you prefer fruit and cereals or toast, you'll be okay! We will continue to patronize this chain due to the extra space afforded in the rooms as well as comfy beds, nice flat screen TVs, and free wifi. The exit at Florence, KY is indeed busy at various times of the day. It has a dizzying array of motels, stores, and restaurants and we always need to pay attention to where places are located so we don't make a wrong turn into some other place. But it has also always been a great stop for us about halfway on our journey and there is plenty to be offered!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great place to stay. Nice, modern, functional, stylish, studio suites.

In the past, I had been able to bid $45 on Priceline successfully. Despite the hotel being rather empty, I was only able to get a $65 Priceline express deal. Still, this is a good value.

It looks like they greatly improved the free breakfast since the last time I was here. It used to be just biscuits & gravy, some cereals, pasteries, & juice, and if you wanted more you used a kiosk to order other items for a charge. Now, they have several different types of breakfast sandwiches, belgian waffles, pancakes, real fruit topping, oatmeal, many different kinds of juices, and it's all free. Everything looked gourmet, and the food was pretty good.

My only complaint would be regarding the staff, who could use some work. They weren't rude, but they certainly didn't seem interested in dealing with me. I don't know if the staff just didn't want to be there on Christmas or if they dealt with one to many A-list wannabe @ssholes, but it wouldn't be that hard to at least feign interest even if you're not. After all, it is their job.

Still, I would stay here again. it's a nice hotel and an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Thought it would be a good place to stay while doing business in Cincinnati, but it really wasn't. A bit hard to get to as you have to wind your way through a supermarket and shopping center combination to get to the entrance when travelling south.
Room identical to every other Hyatt Place in the worl which means that the electric sockets will be inconveniently located.
Appears the internet and phone are somehow connect through the electric socket used by alarm clock. Unplug the clock to charge your iPhone and you lose it all.
Desk staff on day and evening were friendly but night staff was invisible or uncaring.
Nice breakfast buffet but the sandwiches looked better than they tasted.
GPS took me some crazy back road way from the airport and the drive to Cinci was awful even at 5AM and horrible at 5PM - almost impossible to get into exit lane going south on I-75.

If you absolutely have to stay at a Hyatt Place I think the one north of Cincinnati in Blue Ash might be a better idea and it's a few bucks cheaper.

Room Tip: East side faces I-75 and west side faces 6 lane highway - pick your poison
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked a night at this hotel, which was prepaid through hotels.com. At my arrival, I was told that the hotel overbooks rooms and there were no rooms available. They sent me next door to an inferior property. The apparent policy to overbook rooms is really unacceptable, and I will no longer stay at a Hyatt property, nor will any of my employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Jerry J
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spending Thanksgiving at a hotel is never the best of situations, however, this was a very pleasant surprise. My husband and I met our daughter and son-in-law in Florence for Thanksgiving. The hotel was fantastic, the breakfast was really above he normal continental breakfast with hot entrees, but the truly exceptional quality was the personnel! Everyone was extremely pleasant, always smiling. One of the managers, Mason, always took the time to find out how our stay was going! The hotel was in a great location and we completely enjoyed our visit immensely.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the first floor not far from the pool or the breakfast area. Occasionally, we fel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank margaretbb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence? Share your experiences!