“Excellent place to stay”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Hyatt Place Cincinnati was a great choice for me. I was traveling from Michigan to Tennessee and needed a place to stay half way. I was traveling as a single mom with a 9 year old son and wanted to make sure the hotel choice I made was a good safe location. We arrived at midnight and was greeted by a very nice staff member. She made sure all our needs were met and quickly checked us in so we could get some rest. The parking lot was very well lit and secure. The room was very spacious and clean. I am a fanatic when it comes to the rooms, and of course, did the bed bug check....not a sign of anything. The room had a sitting area and wet bar. The beds were very clean and comfortable. We were up very early and didn't get to check out the pool area or any of the other amenities to the hotel but did get to check out the continental breakfast station. The station had waffles, bagels, muffins, toast, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, grits, fruit, etc. My son and I really enjoyed the breakfast. At checkout, the staff again was very friendly and asked multiple times how our stay was, were we happy with our room, etc. I wouldn't hesitate at all to stay at this hotel again...in fact, my son is asking to go back...he says this is one of his favorite hotels. I think he liked the attention the staff gave him.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MIDisneyPrincess

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wow, we were traveling from Memphis to Detroit and thought that this would be a good place to stop. We were wrong, this was a great place to stop. We arrived latea nd the staff at the front desk were wonderful. We received a king suite and had a good sleep, breakfast was good. I would stay here again if I am ever in Florence or Cincinnati.
Thanks again to the great staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The staff was very responsive and friendly. They all acted like they enjoyed their jobs. For under $100, the spacious room plus divided seating area, refrigerator, microwave, wet bar and large flat screen TV with plenty of outlets was very classy. The breakfast buffet was extensive food choices plus orange juice (not tasteless orange drink) and real plates and silverware. They have real food available for purchase 24/7. I will seek out Hyatt Place the next time we travel. It was a treat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank skierschoice
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We are a family with four children under 9 years old. We were planning a trip to the Creation Museum and looked on-line for a hotel that would allow six people in one room and had an indoor pool. There were very few motels in the area that allowed six people.

This motel was one of two that met our criteria. I was shocked that the on-line price was $76 a night (plus tax), and this included a hot breakfast for all six of us.

The double room had two queen beds and a large corner sofa that pulled out into a double sofa bed. The living room area had a desk and small wet bar area with refrigerator. Even with the sofa bed pulled out we had room for the portable crib and an air mattress. We loved the size of the room. Usually with six of us in the room, we feel cramped. Not in this room!

Breakfast was busy, but there were seats for all of us. The food selection was good. They had hot egg sandwiches in two varieties, waffles, baked goods, oatmeal, fruit, breads, bagels, cereal, and normal juice/milk/coffee options. The kids were all pleased with what was offered.

Our only complaints--1. The pool rules in small print on the door said children who are not potty trained could not swim even with swim diapers on. We ignored that rule so we could swim as a family. Our infant had a swim diaper on. We were the only ones in the pool and no one kicked us out. 2. The sofa was a bit worn. 3. The bathroom with the toilet and shower was small; however the sink and counter on the outside of the bathroom were spacious. 4. The Starbucks coffee machine was broken.

The staff was friendly and attentive. For large families and families on a budget--I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Bolender6
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Everything was exceptional--the desk clerk (Ithink his name was Mason) met us as we walked into the hotel--the price was acceptable and the room was clean and larger that we expect and they had a free standing shower with a door-A nice touch! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tarwwque
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed in Florence everytime we come down for a baseball game. This time it was just my spouse and I so we decided to stay some place different. So we decided on the hyatt place.
We decided to use the cincinnatiusa.com website to book our room since we wanted half price tickets to the reds game.
We checked in and went to our room to catch a nap before going out for the evening. The room was clean (not spotless, found a huge mess by the AC unit) and very quiet. We never heard the airplanes over head. The hotel location was perfect.
The next morning, we went to the breakfast. We did not particularly like it. The breakfast sandwiches were gross according to my spouse and I ended up just eating a bagel and yogurt.
He said the sandwiches were like frozen jimmy dean sandwiches and we heated up.
We would come back again there, but skip breakfast....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jellypooh
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was an excellent hotel with the right price. The staff was extremely friendly and eager to assist you with your needs. The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I loved that at 3:00am in the morning I could order food from their 24 hr menu. It smelled wonderful each day you would walk in the hotel. Most hotels don't have an inviting smell or a bad smell but this hotel you notice the great fragrance when you walk in the door. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple