New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Ozark
“So nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Our favorite motel ever by far! So clean and comfortable and close to the Creation Museum. Wonderful room design. Kids can still be in the same room with you, but everyone has a little privacy. The huge couch makes into a very comfortable bed for children. Now when we travel "Hyatt Place" is our first motel of choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Having stayed here before, I was happy to report that this is still a quality establishment. Charles, the desk clerk, did a great job welcoming us to the hotel. My only complaint is that the water temperature in the pool was not comfortable. Too cold for me.

Room Tip: try to get a room as far away from I 75 as possible
Zeeland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We loved it. Very large, quiet room. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2012
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Hyatt Place is a scaled down full service Hyatt. This particular hotel was in a good location, had huge rooms, separate living, sleeping, wet bar, & seemed new. What I found unusual about the rm layout was the bathrm placement. Like most all hotels the bathrm isn't in the front of the rm, but it's in the back. Very different. The lobby didn't look like a lobby--no front dest, just a kiosk. The complementary breakfast was better than the standard freebie breakfast. There is a small bar in the lobby,a Starbucks type area, & lots of comfy seating. My daughter & I didn't try out the indoor pool or workout rm. I pricelined this & got a good deal. Because of what we pd I feel it was a fab value. This place is mostly for business travelers. We moved away from this area & were in town to put together a "memory book" & would stay here again. I believe this hotel offers free transport to CVG as well.

Room Tip: I'm sure any rm would be fine.
1 Thank maryCincinnati
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Florence. We were staying in a King Suite and at check-in were given a choice of rooms. The check-in procedure is a bit unusual as the Check in person was also assuming the role of bartender and concessions salesperson. However staff were very friendly and helpful, and there is a kiosk check-in procedure if you are so inclined.
The room itself was very comfortable. There is a separate sleeping area with a very comfortable king bed, and a huge LED tv that swivels between the sleeping area and the seating area. There is a comfortable L shaped pullout couch and desk in the seating area. There is also a refrigerator. There was no microwave, which we thought unusual.
The breakfast was better than average. One of the choices was breakfast sandwiches which were fresh and contained applewood bacon and a special sauce. They also had hot oatmeal, bagels, pancakes, fresh fruit and the standard continental breakfast fare. The entire breakfast was complementary in spite of the fact that the information on the Hotel tv channel said there was a charge for the hot food. We did find it a bit unusual that there was no booklet in the room describing rules and services, but the staff said they wanted to assist us personally with any questions. They were very helpful with local maps and suggestions for dining.
Other than breakfast, food at the hotel is limited. There is limited food available for order anytime, but you have to come to the front desk to pick it up, there is no room service. However the hotel is located in an area where there are many restaurants within a mile of the hotel. Alcohol and beer is also available at the hotel. The price of the beer is pretty reasonable. The mixed drinks are a little pricey.
The pool was nice and the water was warm. Also included was access to a fitness center a couple of blocks away. We did not have time to check that out.
We have stayed in this geographic area quite a bit because we have family nearby, and this is the best place we have stayed so far. I would recommend it to anyone coming to visit!

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Our family stayed at the Hyatt Place in Florence, Kentucky, this past weekend. We were going to the Creation Museum and wanted to find a close hotel that provided amenities for each family member. We were pleasantly surprised with how well it met all of all needs. The kids loved the pool; it was quite large and deep enough for seasoned swimmers to enjoy. The breakfast bar had quite a selection for everyone's taste buds. There were doughnuts, bagels, oatmeal, waffles, and fresh fruit with assorted breakfast sandwiches. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the courtesy visit to a local gym just three buildings from the hotel. It was an athlete's dream! The rooms were also spacious and very clean. The staff was also fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Cincinnati area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Our family stayed at a Hyatt Place a few months ago near Chicago and were so impressed with the service and quality of amenities that we jumped at the chance to stay here again. However, this location in Kentucky left a lot to be desired. Our room was clean and mostly comfortable, but it is apparent that the sectional couch in the second room was becoming threadbare and in need of replacement. Also, the room smelled musty and felt damp every time we returned.

The staff was not quite as friendly or helpful as they were in our previous stay. A large church youth group was staying at the hotel last weekend, and the kitchen seemed overwhelmed by them at breakfast. I waited 10 minutes for food from the kitchen near the closing time, and when the kids finally cleared out, it was right at 10:30. I asked the manager if they were working on more, and she curtly responded that it was 10:30 and they were closed. I could not believe they would be so crass as to close the kitchen while guests were still waiting. I understand that food waste is an expense, but if people are standing there waiting to eat because you can't produce enough food fast enough, it's not your guest's fault. My wife also ordered a mocha from the "Starbucks" counter that ended up being hot chocolate milk for $3.50. The lady even told my wife that she would have to get out a recipe book to make it for her. Sounds like they need some better training.

Also, on checkout, they messed up our bill. We received a bill under our door that said we owed $1.86, but when I tried to check out at the kiosk (which didn't work, but the way), the gallery host claimed that someone misapplied a credit on my bill and I ended up owing more money for food and drinks. It took forever for him to figure out what I actually owed, and instead of just letting it go and charging me what they told me I owed earlier in the morning, I had to wait 10 minutes while he sat there with a calculator and figured everything out. He threw away my original bill and wouldn't provide me with an itemized bill after the fact with all the charges and calculations he used. It was just a summary bill that showed what I ended up paying.

This probably sounds nitpicky or negative, but as someone who doesn't travel frequently, I expect those few experiences to be exemplary for the price I'm paying. I'm not sure if this is just indicative for the area I was staying in, but these people need some lessons in customer service from up north.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Hilton Cincinnati Airport
#10 of 26 in Florence
3.5 of 5 stars 482 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence? Share your experiences!