“No Worry about bedbugs here”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kalamazoo
“No Worry about bedbugs here”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is a WONDERFUL hotel!!! It is very clean, beds are extremely comfortable.The room was complete with a sectional couch.Loved that you could swivel the TV from watching from the couch to the sectioned off bed.The beds are tripled sheeted. Front desk personal are absolutely wonderful!!The free breakfast was also pretty good. I'm a hard sell-very picky about having a clean room. This is a VERY clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Herrin, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with a group from our church as we were in the area visiting the Creation Museum in the Cincinnati area. I was very pleased with our experience all the way around. First of all, Hyatt has a great design for their rooms. I've stayed in other Hyatt hotels and I just like their style. The room we stayed in had a divided space between the sleeping and living room area. There was a large 40+ inch flat screen HD TV in the center of the room which could be seen by those in bed or sitting on the couch, and it was also on a swivel so that it could be turned to face either side more directly. The bathroom facilities had a double sink outside the shower and bathroom, which is always handy when multiple people are needing to get ready. There were 2 queen beds in the bedroom area and a queen size sofa sleeper in the living room area, so this room could actually sleep 6 comfortably. (not 6 adults, but a family of 6 would be fine) There was a mini-fridge in the room as well as a desk with a nice high back executive style chair for doing business. The wireless internet had a strong signal. The breakfast area was nice and about what would be expected from a continental breakfast. The hotel did have a large lobby area and a snack bar area where they would fix sandwiches, make coffee, and other kinds of snack items for guests.

I was very pleased with the hotel staff. They were very cooperative with our group. Check-in was simple and they had an express check-out that made our departure to our destination quick and easy. We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel as did the others in our group.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, Kentucky
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Upon arrival BEFORE I buy a room I now demand to be able to check the room for cleanliness and bugs. The clerk did NOT allow me to pull back blankets sheets etc to look for bed bugs. She did pull up the end of a mattress. She did allow me to look at the couch etc. I asked if the hotel had bed bugs she implied all hotels have/had them. I asked if my particular room ever had a bedbug infestation she said no. After paying I did a 30 minute check with a flashlight and found no evidence of bed bugs. Room was clean although way too expensive. The Hyatt Place in Louisville is far superior to this one. Other than price this place is ok

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrmage
Atlanta/Toronto
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I've stayed twice at this hotel and have not been disappointed. I love Hyatt Place hotels even though they don't offer a restaurant. Free wifi, nice TVs, large rooms, and comfy beds keep me coming back. The staff is usually top-notch and this time was no exception. I really loved the van driver. She'd only been there a week and was so personable.
The only drawback to this hotel is its location. You can't easily walk to the restaurants that "appear" to be close by. The van will drop you off but it was snowing and I didn't want to inconvenience them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Southeast
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I selected this hotel not knowing the area and wanted to find a newer, modern hotel. When I arrived, I found the hotel was very new an modern, the location is in a newly developing area near the airport. The access from the main road while close was not convenient, you have to "go around the elbow to get to the thumb" so to speak. Parking was convenient and well lighted.

The price for the stay was way out of line compared to other motels very close to it. I had to pay $112 for Thursday night and Friday was $89 - Go figure?? I went ahead and booked the room, but was very disapointed in my experience. Yes, it is very modern and "Wired" and even had the large screen TV, wet bar, kitchenette, etc, but the most important of all, the bed....was a cheap mattress and did not sleep well. The mattress was very firm almost hard. This was a King bed. The worst part of the sleeping experience was the Air Conditionin unit.....from the bed you can reach right over and touch it but that is not the worst par. Every time the unit cycled on, it would wake me up as it was very noisy and had a very heavy vibration.

As far a clean, no complaints there. The palce was very clean. The staff was very accommodating and the place looks very nice.

The continental breakfast is very continental. I have seen much better offered at other motels such as Hampton Inn and LaQuinta. One thing that disturbed me was the fruit that was available. The apples and cut fruit was fresh but all of the bananas were spotted and turning brown.

The bathroom was very small and there is a lot of wasted space creating a large lounging area around the wet bar and kitchen area, leaving the bedroom section closed in and crampted, and again that noisy air conditioning unit!

I expected more comfort for this kind of money. I have stayed in more expensive motels such as Embassy Suites and did not mind the prices as much because the facilities were alway comfortable and of course there was the full line of breakfast.

Looks like Hyatt has tried to compete with Holiday Inn Express and others, but I think they are trying to live off of their name, they could do better than this.

To make a long story short, I checked out early and went just next door to the LaQuinta and for $75 I found a much better facility, the room was quiet, the ac unit was very quiet, and the bed was as soft as a cloud, got a very good nights sleep! And the breakfast offered fresh hot waffles, sausage, biscuits and gravey, breads, yogurts, etc.

This hotel is probaly perfect for the young buisness traveler who has to be "wired" and is on an expense acount where "the company is paying for it." I would not reccommend it for families or seniors.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawtonka
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This was the final night of a week long trip of different hotels and areas from Louisville to Cleveland with a buddy as we toured some sporting events. The Hyatt Place should be proud of it's clean and spacious rooms, and the accommodating hotel. They had a great breakfast in the morning drinks in the evening and a pool for the rest of the time. The room itself was the best of the trip with a sectional, privacy wall, huge flat screen tv with computer interface, great bathroom, fridge, sink, desk and more. Great stay loved the room!

• Stayed November 2010
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We absolutely loved the space this room had. The flat screen tv was a real plus. We ALWAYS stop here on our way south and have even began to stay at them other places if at all possible. Great decor and always, always a wonderful addition to any trip. Cannot say enough about how friendly the staff is and any restaurant you would want is right down the street. Their restaurant is good as well for breakfast and there is also a coffee bar and a small bar offering wine and beer. Very nice!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence? Share your experiences!