WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Florence
INDEPENDENCE
“Unhappy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a confirmed reservation but when we got to the hotel they said they did not have a room for us and it would be 2 days before we could get in. We had to make other arrangements at the last minute! Also, there are a lot of children who live at the hotel and it is quite noisy during the evening hours and made it hard to sleep at times!

Room Tip: If you make a reservation, call ahead to make sure the room will be available even if you have a con...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Unfortunately in our line of business there are times when we are not able to honor all reservations because our guests don't always know when they will check out. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused and especially that you had to make last minute arrangements. Value Place always tries to take care of our guests and in this case we did not do our best. We believe in continuous improvement will continue to strive to provide our guests' with the best possible experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I made a reservation for the week of September 30th-October 5th online. I signed some papers at check in and I was then given the Policy agreement, the 24hr check out form, a condition form, and a receipt. I ensured that I followed all the directions in order to get my full deposit back. After check-out, I received my deposit, minus $21.20. I emailed to find out why and was told it was because I left trash in my room. I emailed back 4 times - without a response - to get the form I signed saying I needed to remove my trash or I would be fined. Finally, I just called and talked to Alycia. She talked over me, told me that I was given forms and told things that I was not, would not let me speak, and yelled at me. She finally agreed to send me the policy agreement. After reviewing this, I noticed that it did not say anything about trash. I called back and was once again disrespected and humiliated by her. I had to ask for the property manager's name about 25 times before she would tell me. Called Sonia, and was treated horribly once again. She continually called me a liar when I tried to tell her that I was never informed of the trash policy. She told me that there was no way that I was not told. But I wasn't. She yelled at me and refused to help. Said her boss was the vice-president and I was not allowed to speak to him. Finally she told me that she would send me another form with my signature on it that had the trash policy/fee on it, but she didn't know when I would get it because it would take her too long to find it. Filed a complaint with the complaint dept and got an incident #. Also, found out that Sonia is not the property manager, only posing as such to the customers. Alycia also tried to tell me that she was the head of the place, and had no supervisor. I am still getting the run-around from them. I have never been so disrespected as a customer in my life. I'm humiliated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 20travels12
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Value Place holds a rigorous clean and safe policy for the good of all of our guests. According to company policy and the occupancy agreement that each guest has to sign at check-in, if management discovers unsanitary conditions exist in a guest’s studio, the guest has 24 hours to clean his/her studio. After that, a cleaning fee will be charged to the guest account and/or guest may be evicted. Our staff has attempted to remain calm and professional and we apologize for any disrespect that was conveyed.
Florence, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is the last place you want to stay. The management does not care about customer service. They put me in a room that they knew there were issues. The room was not in service. When I went into the room, it did not have towels, bed spread, or sheets. I found a bed bug on my pillow case when I was making up my bed. I told the attendent there and she would not put me in another room. I called the health department and they put the room on lock down. I demanded my money back but they refused. I left that motel and when to a place where I could sleep without the worries of bed bugs. Please tell anyone you know, do not stay there. They are only out to make a buck.

Room Tip: None at Value Place
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MIchael S
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Unfortunately bed bugs are a growing problem across the United States. We take all bed bug complaints very seriously and have rigorous treatment procedures. We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us. We also want to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so we can address them right away.

Value Place Property Management
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Should of check out the room, beds suck very loud due to hallway the biggest thing is the beds proudly could get better sleep on the concrete floor,would never stay here again,don't waste your money.

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank watkins77
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I checked in at this establishment and wished that I had inspected the room first. Right away, I noticed that the carpet had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to let them know and left a message with their answering machine. Luckily, Housekeeping was in the hallway later on that afternoon so I borrowed the vacuum cleaner and did it myself. That evening, I sustained 3 bites on my belly. I thought that it might've been either from a bug such as a flea, perhaps from a service dog, or an allergic reaction to the linen detergent. I also found a red bug that I was not familiar with and killed it, staining the sheets. I did not want to make a fuss so I fumigated the room and washed the bed sheets. I did not sleep in the hotel the next two nights but when I returned, I was bit again and this time all over my back. I assumed that since I slept with my windows open, it might've been from mosquitoes. However, after much contemplation, I realized that there are no such insects in the cold winter months. The third night, I was bit again on my arms, hands and feet. Then I saw two red bugs and managed to kill one of them. After doing some intensive research on the internet, I was able to conclude that they were bed bugs. I then saw a bigger translucent bug and was able to kill and keep it for evidence to show the front desk once the office opened in the morning. When I told them that I had bed bugs in my room and wanted to change; they refused and said that it was not allowed since I could transfer it. They said that the fumigator came on Friday (this was Tuesday) and I had a choice to either stay in my room until then or leave. This is not standard hotel practice. According to several websites regarding customers complaining of bed bugs, they are also to offer to launder my clothing, which they did not do as well. So pretty much I was evicted from my hotel room.

Other than that, the kitchen and bathroom were clean and the staff quite accomodating. The other guests were also ecclectic with daily visits from the police, it seems, and fist fights occuring in the hallway during the wee hours of the morning; along with screaming and objects being thrown around. Definitely, an interesting experience!

Room Tip: None; I had a prime spot since my room was close to the end of the hallway away from the freeway but...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank beech_bunnie
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had issues with the credit card that I had and the front desk staff was both freindly and funny. The room is cozy and super clean. It isn't the most comfortable room in the world, but that is because it has extra storage underneath. Minor problems with the internet, but the front desk staff was amazing and helpful and fixed it quickly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Emily S
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence, responded to this review, July 20, 2012

We are pleased to hear that your overall experience at Value Place was good and that your issues were properly taken care of. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Again, thank you for lodging with us and can't wait for you to come back!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I booked a reservation,credit card, confirmation number, called 3 days in a row to confirm reservation, all being the afirmative. I show up and Value Place does not have room, they over booked, would not find a comprable motel/hotel for me for their fault, my inconvence. I had to stay at a hotel for $110.00 over the price per week that Value Place has. Value Place is not only covering up their lie, they refuse to pay me $220.00 which is customerly the standard throughout the world. DO NOT STAY WITH VALUE PLACE,conf.#zsa7f4mdw.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business