Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Franklin, Tennessee
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Driving home from Cleveland Ohio we decided we needed to stop for the night. We hit hotels on the GPS and realized we were close to this Homewood Suites. Arriving at 9pm we were able to get a spacious room for a good rate. The hotel is beautiful, very modern. It has an indoor pool and a few hot breakfast. It's 15 minutes south of Cincinnati. I would highly recommend it! The staff was very friendly and the hotel was a great find!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Detroit, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I normally enjoy staying at Homewood since we are a large family and need the extra space, but this wasn't the best time. In their defense, we have stayed at this location (work/family in area) numerous times without issue and had great stays. This time the door between the living area and the bedroom malfunctioned and locked my three kids under 7 in the bedroom. I couldn't open the door and it took the front desk an hr, a reminder call, and a SCREWDRIVER to get the door open. I definitely did not think they thought it was the serious safety issue that I do that I could not access my young children in the event of an emergency. The room also had a reminder note ("don't forget tickets") on the inside of the front door...which I did not see until it was too late (kids sleeping) to change rooms, so I had an ick feeling about the cleanliness although I did not notice any other issues.

2 Thank Jennifer B
Clarks Summit, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had three night family vacation on this location July 2013. We had a family suite, with a kitchen. The food service for breakfast and dinner fell short. They were not able to keep up with the people with food or supplies. The rooms are very nice and clean, but we had a few bad things happen. No cleaning service for 3 day stay. Smoke detectors went off in the middle of the night due to low batteries and the garbage disposal in the kitchen was broken. Nice hotel and was under a new manager of two weeks, so maybe these things can be fixed. Everything that happened to us is easily fixable with the right leadership.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lisa K, Manager at Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Steven M,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Lisa Knapmeyer, General Manager
knoxville, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites would highly recommend staying there. We were traveling with extended family and they were able to get us rooms right next to each other. Rooms were clean and the manager's reception and breakfast each morning was very good

Aurora, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great hotel, room was very clean to when we arrived. However the housekeeping throughout our stay was mediocre to poor. Trash was repeatedly not emptied, floors not cleaned. Hotel staff was wonderful, I just wish housekeeping did a better job!

Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family recently spent three nights at the Homewood Suites in Florence. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and gladly arranged for extra laundry bags, towels and blankets for us. The room was plenty big for the five of us and allowed my husband and I to have some privacy while our children felt that they had a break from us!
However, we also experienced some issues with the breakfast like the reviewer below. The staff had trouble keeping enough plates out for the guests. Our last morning there were no pastries and the bread seemed stale. Unlike some other Homewood Suites (we've stayed at quite a few), this one does not put out the waffle maker every morning. This meant that my picky eater, who does not eat eggs or meat, did not always have a hot breakfast option.
This hotel is clean and in a quiet location with easy access to I-71/75. It is also located near a grocery store and many restaurants. We will stay there again due to the convenient location, but will probably plan to eat breakfast off-site.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of the hallway away from the elevators and had absolutely no noise issues!