“Clean hotel if your reservation is honored”

Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose this hotel after recommendations by family and reviews and its promixity to our parents' 50th wedding anniversary party. We arrived after driving 8 hours to discover that one of our confirmed rooms was not available. I provided a hard copy of our confirmation only to be told that other guests had overstayed their reservations and it was there policy not to "throw anyone out". I explained that we had carefully chose this hotel and room type for specific needs of our family. I was told the hotel was sold out and again about their policy. I was simply aghast at their too bad for me policy, but they did offer to place my family in another hotel. If I had wanted another hotel, I would have reserved that in the first place! We finally took the one remaining smaller room. Interestingly enough, when we stopped at the front desk the second evening, a woman trying to check in was met with the same situation I was in - her rooms were not available despite confirmed reservations. I am a frequent traveler and have never encountered an experience such as this.
The breakfast food was not kept refilled, was cold and the serving area was messy including a clogged sink near the juices full of food scraps. We tried all three mornings but it was the same and unappealing.
The hotel was otherwise spotlessly clean, rooms very comfortable, well furnished and the staff friendly.
I am not sure I will stay here again given the uncertainty of my reservations being honored. It is a terrible experience to arrive after traveling a long distance to have to worry about finding a place to stay.

Room Tip: Our first floor room was particularly noisy and it appeared all pets were housed on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 20, 2012

A true GEM! This hotel is so posh, stylish, excellent! I am so happy to have come across this hotel, and will come here as often as I can when I am traveling to the Cincinnati area. I love this hotel, and truly believe that you will as well. Just look at the pictures, you'll see how beautiful this place really is, how nice the staff is and how quiet it is. LOVE IT!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a clean, quiet, safe place to get a good night of sleep in very comfortable beds! The living area and little kitchen makes it even more possible to relax after a long day of driving! The price is right (if you search for deals) and there are plenty of stores/restaurants in the area if you need something. The staff is very attentive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Zinni49
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a beautiful place to put a hotel. Of course the leaves were in full fall color so they made a wonderful backdrop for this hotel. The hotel is set back far enough away from main roads that you really don't notice the shopping and resturants that are very close. The staff was good and the hotel itself lives up to the quality you expect from a Homewood property. The only problem I had was the bathroom. While I loved the shower with all the different jets, there was no place to put your shampoo or to hang a towel or wash cloth. Also, listen up Hilton execs, women need a seat or someplace in the showers to put stuff and to put their leg while they shave it. Really!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel!!!!!! Very clean... Very quiet .... Very polite... Large rooms. What more can we ask....? Just the breakfast " one day"probally was not very good....FYI. All hotels gusts generally get out and going on Sunday.... right when breakfast ends... Staff up and expect the rush....

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Mightymac1
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed overnight but what a great room! Small suite with kitchenette including cooktop and full fridge. Great spa shower. Great place for extended stay. Very up to date, modern and clean. Close to Cincinnati airport.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We selected this hotel based on other reviews as we're pretty particular about cleanliness and comfort. It was also important to us that the hotel we stayed at had a pool as we were traveling with our 9-year-old son and an indoor pool is a must. Upon arriving, we did appreciate the beautiful backdrop of where this hotel is located and staff was friendly and helpful. The room was also impressive as far as the size and overall appearance was concerned.

Two things that are extremely important to us are a comfortable bed and a clean room. While the room overall was fairly clean, there was quite a bit of hair on the floor in the washroom and this is always a turnoff. The bed was comfortable and there were ample pillows but the duvet didn't stay in the cover and the pillows didn't fit in the pillowcases properly so I was constantly fighting to keep the pillow in the case and the duvet in the cover. I gave up with the duvet the second night and simply slept with the sheet as a cover.

The first night, we were awakened at 2:00 a.m. by loud stomping on the floor above us. This went on for at least half an hour. While this is not the hotel's fault, it was clear that the floors are not solid as we could hear people walking above us constantly. This happened the second night we were there as well, resulting in a very poor sleep both nights. Our son went to use the pool and hot tub but the temperature of both were very cold and he couldn't stay more than a few minutes. My husband spoke to the front desk staff who gave an explanation of why they were malfuctioning and said no one would be in to fix this until the following week. This was extremely disappointing for our son as we would have not stayed in this hotel had it not offered an indoor pool and hot tub. When we asked for compensation for this it was stated that "Then we'll have to give everyone a discount!". Breakfast was okay. The first day the staff had a very hard time keeping up with the amount of guests and we constantly had to wait for more hot food, cutlery, cereal, fruit, etc., etc. The kitchen staff were clearly working hard but were probably just understaffed. The next day was better although I would say the food was just "okay."

We liked the fact that we could get tickets to nearby attractions but there were many little annoyances (ie. only one elevator working and the housekeeping staff taking up the entire elevator with their cleaning carts in the morning, no nearby stairs from the main lobby) that made for an overall somewhat unsatisfactory stay. When my husband called the front desk to discuss these issues, they didn't offer much help, apologies or compensation. While the room did in some ways meet our expectations (great location, view in the back, nice spa shower, handy kitchenette), we most definitely will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid being woken by guests in the middle of the night!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodSuitesCVG, Manager at Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, I apologize for all the inconveniences that you and your family endured. If you would like to further discuss your stay feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.