“Spacious Suite”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Florence
Stratford, Canada
“Spacious Suite”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Staff were friendly, and room was spacious. Loved the seperate bedroom, living room and kitchen areas. We only stayed for one night, but this would be a great place to stay for a longer trip. Kitchenette has everything you need to eat in. The free breakfast was a good selection of hot and cold items. We booked in advance online and got a great deal. Very reasonably priced for all you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My children and I stayed here at the end of August, 2012. Overall it was a good stay. The pool was clean, although very cold, and the hot tub we called a "warm tub" because it was not even close to hot. The place was very clean, and the staff friendly. The biggest problem we had was that the housekeeping staff kept changing the sheet each day and often took some of my children's items in the process. The first item took me three days of asking several times a day to get back. The second item was never found. I don't want to accuse them of stealing, but how exactly did it disappear never to be seen again? I called every couple of days for weeks until the last call when they suggested that we had lost it ourselves. Ok, time for a review! Older kids and adults generally do not need stuffed animals and such to sleep with, but little kids do, so if you stay here, be aware that these special items could disappear never to be seen again. The room set up was fantastic, the rooms are clean and well maintained. I would like to stay here again, but concerned about loosing more precious "friends". Also, although it was close to the airport and Florence amenities, it is tucked away and very quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We needed a hotel near Cincy for a Labor Day weekend trip and we booked a suite at Homewood with a separate bedroom for a very reasonable rate online. We have several small children so the separate room option was perfect for us. We were very happy with all parts of our stay; the hotel was extremely clean and staff were very friendly, the free breakfast had the usual assortment of hot and cold items, all OK. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a small kitchen with full size frig. A great deal for the rate we received! The pool was fairly small and at times could be very crowded due to it's small size, but the entire pool area was kept extremely clean by the staff, even when full of kids. Overall, a great experience, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel but we had a few glitches. I prefer ground floor so they obliged. As we approached our room I could hear a dog barking next to our room. Figuring the pooch would settle down after we did the same we moved into our studio. The dog kept barking off and on most the afternoon. By evening he settled down. We had a peaceful night. I get up real early. It's my curse of 46 years of working. So I decided to slip down to lobby for coffee. The dog started barking and would not stop. It also was apparent the dog may have had an accident, least something was bit strong in the hall. So we asked for another room. They were very nice about it. The only problem with the other room is the stovetop didn't work. However the rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. I would just say, if you are assigned the first floor.......ask where the puppies are.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dana A
United States
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had originally booked a one-bedroom hotel room closer to downtown Cincy for my two sisters and I who were getting together for a mini-vacation until I read the reviews on this one. So I booked this hotel for the two bedroom, two bath, three bed suite for almost the same price as the one I cancelled. The extra space was absolutely fantastic and worth the drive to Covington, Newport, Cincinnati and Mariemont for touring.

Good:
-Spacious rooms with great working thermostat.(King bedroom had separate control)
-Flatscreen Tv in living room and each bedroom
-Tub/shower and toilet in separate room from vanity/sink area (tiled floor, granite countertop)
-Neutrogena brand sample-size shampoo, soap, lotion, etc.
-Kitchen with laminate floor, full-size fridge, garbage disposal, dishwasher, single coffee-maker, microwave, two burner cooktop, table and two chairs and dishes (including silverware)
-The hotel is in a very quiet and wooded area away from highway noise
-There are many shops and restaurants nearby and Mall Road is five minutes away. (The mall has a spectacular indoor two-tiered merry-go-round)
-I made a couple of calls for special requests prior to our arrival and the desk clerks were polite and accomodating. We also received a welcome reception at check-in.
-It is a pet-friendly hotel but we didn't see, hear or smell evidence of them inside or outside.
-The interior and exterior of hotel is kept very clean
-Did not hear noise from neighboring rooms on our floor
-Soft towels. Also, requested additional towels and they were brought to our room immediately
-Extremely comfortable beds with four sleeping pillows and one decorative pillow per bed
-Free breakfast and evening meal (beer or wine available) if you don't want to go out.
-Many electrical outlets in suite

Bad:
-There were no maps or travel brochures in the lobby area.
-I was told the fourth floor is smoking, so we got a room on the third floor and did hear heavy footsteps overhead
-Terrible lighting in bedrooms. We had to move two table lamps to each side of the vanity countertop to be able to see to apply makeup and style hair.
-Food at breakfast and evening meals. It's not great but there's about 20 restaurants within a five mile radius
-There were food stains on the wallpaper in the kitchen next to the dining table.
-During the week the highway traffic to get back and forth to Covington, Newport and Cincinnati was dreadful.
We enjoyed our stay and liked this hotel very much.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have special requests. I was told 4th floor is smoking and they try to put people...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Up2lateagn
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was our first time at a Homewood Suites. The commercials peaked my curiosity. Too good to be true, I thought. No...it is true! Great rate on a 2 bed 2 bath suite with full living room, kitchenette, free parking, free wifi, free hot breakfast, free USA today, free evening reception with food! Also, they will box the evening meal and place it in your full size fridge if you can't be there during the time frame! What?! Hotel also has a suite shop with microwavable pizzas and dinners, beverages, toiletries etc...Great location! Walmart, shops and restaurants in short walking distance.
My only comment to note: Ask for the highest floor. It always sounded like people were running above us! If I am ever in the area again I will definitely stay there! Oh, yeah...fitness center, indoor pool and laundry facilities included. Need I say more?

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Mechelle F
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I overnighted at this hotel during a trip that was 18 hours of driving. I selected this hotel based on reviews and since I always try to stay at Hilton properties, I had yet to experience a Homewood Suites. The hotel's location was a bit tucked away, and might've been a bit difficult to find if you were expecting to glimpse it from the main road. I don't recall seeing a sign for the hotel up near the main road, but it was a quick trip and I could be wrong. The hotel does sit directly behind a Walmart, which is super convenient if you need items to make an extended stay (like this hotel is designed for) more comfortable. The property appears to be fairly new, modern, and in good condition. The place did need a bit of tidying up. No one attended to the trail of water leading from the indoor pool to the elevator made by several children who kept going back and forth. Also, there was noticeable trash on the floors of the hallways and other crumbs or dirt that made the place look like it had not been cleaned and vacuumed. The room itselft, was very nice, clean and spacious. I stayed in a one bedroom King suite. I think it was almost too much space for one person. I never used the sitting room or the table. The bed was pretty comfortable, but still doesn't compare to Hampton beds.
The rude staff at this place were the most distinctive and memorable parts of this experience. The man who checked me in offered no warm and friendly greeting. He asked if he could help me. I told him that I was checking in. He looked me up and mumbled a few statements. I had to ask him to repeat himself because I absolutely could not hear a word he was saying. He never smiled during the entire process, but he could've been self conscious about his teeth, or lack there of. He tossed the key at me onto the counter. His whole demeanor and body language communicated that he didn't want to be there or possibly didn't want me there. In the morning, on the way down to breakfast, I greeted a member of the house keeping staff who I was passing in the hallway. She did not acknowledge me. Then down at breakfast, I was selecting food and realized that I'd have difficulty getting the food back up to my room. I asked the breakfast attendant if there was a tray available. She informed me that there was a tray up in my room. I didn't recall seeing one, but at that point I was already downstairs and had already started making a plate. I again asked her if there was no tray available on the entire 1st floor of the hotel. She told me no and and said sorry. Fortunately I used to wait tables, so I recalled some of those skills of carrying multiple dishes without dropping anything. While waiting for my toast, I overheard another hotel guest inform the breakfast attendant that she had emptied the milk pitcher filling up her child's sippy cup. As the woman handed the pitcher to the breakfast attendant, the attendant replied , " we'll that's the last of it. We don't have anymore milk!" It was almost as if she were trying to scold the guest or trying to make her feel bad for taking the rest of the milk. It was pretty embarrassing that myself and other guests had to witness this, and the woman seemed to be silent with shock that she was being spoken to that way.
Overall, this hotel is a decent place unless you are a person who can't handle or ignore rude people. Upon checking out, no one inquired about my experience so I was not given the opportunity to voice these concerns.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Shatara R
HomewoodSuitesCVG, Manager at Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience with us in Florence. I'm very sorry that you received a poor level of service from our front desk and breakfast area attendant. This misstep in guest satisfaction is unacceptable and will be brought up in our next property meeting. I have addressed these issues with the specific staff members involved and will share the comments with everyone so that we can improve as a unit moving forward. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 27 in Florence
SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence? Share your experiences!