“Excellent Stay”

SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just stayed for 1 night as my son and I took in a few Cincinnati Reds games over a weekend. You can find closer hotels to downtown, but you also pay much more. It is close to I-71/75 and 275, and easy to find. It's actually right next to a horse track. It's in a shopping area with plenty of restaurants.

The check-in lady was very nice, and even suggested a better route to GABP, as traffic on I-75 was backed up. The lobby/breakfast area has a cool aqua theme. The hotel is small, and easy to get around (we were on the 2nd floor).

The suite was nice, with a separate living area with desk, mini-fridge, microwave, couch, etc. There is a 32"LCD TV in the middle. There is a partial wall to the sleeping area with translucent dividers (also in the bathroom). There is a small bathroom with just a toilet and tiny sink, then a separate room with shower and sink. The shower was nice, with a glass door/wall. The bed was comfortable, with plenty of pillows. Everything was modern styling, and clean.

The free wifi worked fine, and the free breakfast was the standard waffle maker, cereal, muffins, etc. It was crowded on a weekend morning, but no complaints.

The pool was tiny, so it's only good for small children. The hot tub was out of service.

Overall, a great, short stay! Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Joy S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are excited to hear you had a pleasurable experience. Our staff works hard to make everyone's stay is an enjoyable one and we are always happy to hear positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great location and very clean. Many restaurants near by and also plenty of shopping. Very nice spot to stay for the night. Has a nice pool and little work out area. Breakfast options are pretty good as well. This is our favorite spot to stop at when traveling through the KY/Cinci area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here with family 1 night to visit aquarium. Really, really loved it. New, super clean and shiny! Great location, near freeway and every shop and restaurant you would need for a few days stay. Check in was quick and hassle-free.

The ONLY downside was the continental breakfast was a bit lacking, like neither toaster worked well, so much so that I almost went across the street to Target to buy one. But, it's a free breakfast, and it was enough to get us to lunch.

The beds were comfy, and I really liked having the shower and the restroom separate. It would probably be annoying if you were the only guest in the room, but with 4 people, it was really nice, for obvious reasons.

This is a Great hotel and well positioned for most Cincy activities. If I return to the area, I will rebook without hesitation!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
CVGSF, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay!

I want to apologize for the issue with the toaster. I would like you to know that we have addressed this issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

No complaints here. We booked two rooms, one for us and one for the in-laws. We had some key issues with the first room. There were a couple of carpet stains in this room but nothing bad. Once we changed rooms there were no issues with the new room. My in-laws room was perfect as well. The pool is small however my kids had the pool to themselves every night.

If I had to find a negative it would be that the breakfast was the same three days in a row. Would have liked to seen a waffle maker. The pool was down for maintenance the day we stayed at the hotel just to swim what was inconvenient but not the hotels fault.

The hotel staff is amazing. The manager, receptionist, maids, and everyone we encountered were so friendly and made the stay excellent. If this hotel cannot make you happy then I'm not sure you can find a place that can.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and did not encounter any noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay!

I do want to apologize for the issue with the breakfast. We typically have a rotating menu and the items change daily, so I am not sure why it was the same during your stay. I will definitely address this with the staff to ensure it won't occur in the future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Check-in to this spotless property was flawless and effortless. Beautifully designed lobby serves as their breakfast room and is very accommodating and spacious. The room was spotless and exceptionally maintained. Microwave, TV, strong WiFi, proficient A/C, refrig and a very pleasant desk and sitting area. Wonderful water pressure, plenty of hot water and a comfortable bed made giving 5 stars easy. Breakfast was one of the best for a business hotel, offering meat, cheeses, eggs, sausage...very complete. There's even a nifty area outside with great lounge chairs and fireplace. Ever-present USA Today and WSJ rounded out my experience. Bravo, Marriott, you absolutely outdid yourselves on this property--this is a class act! Would I stay again? I already have.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for such kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I know our staff works hard and your kind words are motivation for them!

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from vacation. We had two rooms booked; one for us, the second for my in-laws. Both rooms were booked through me, in my name and account. At check in, we were given two rooms on two different floors and opposite ends of the hotel. One would think when a reservation lists two rooms by the same person, they most likely would want to be near each other. I'm not saying they have to be right next to each other, but at least near each other. This is something that the Hilton brand (Hilton, Hampton, Embassy, Homewood, Doubletree, etc.) does very well. When I asked, the response I got was just "we're full". My wife inquired with the morning staff and received a similar response "we're full, but it's a good thing your not coming next weekend because we're sold out". The next surprise was the worn out sleeper sofa in our room. The sofa sagged in the middle with and without the sleeper mattress in it. Unfolding the bed, the frame offered no support for the badly worn mattress. We ended up taking the mattress out and putting on the floor in order to provide better support. Good thing my youngest is 8 and didn't complain too much. The main beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is troubling to hear that your stay was less than perfect.

I am truly sorry that we failed in our level of service. This is something that is not typical and I am truly sorry. I will definitely make it a point to share your comments with the staff in order to avoid such an instance in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel for your stay. This is it. Modern up to date rooms and lobby give it a nice look. Provides discounts to certain groups military, government etc. Which make rooms even more affordable. The breakfast was awesome as well as the location. Staff was nice, rooms were spotless.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words. We definitely appreciate them and hope that we will be able to accommodate you on your next trip to our area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
Comfort Suites Florence
#9 of 28 in Florence
Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger

Been to SpringHill Suites Cincinnati Airport South? Share your experiences!