“Lovely!”
Review of The Ship Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highley
The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Highley B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked using a voucher knowing little or nothing about where we were going. The Ship is a very welcoming pub/b&b in a beautiful setting. The staff are all very friendly and efficient, the rooms are well thought out, comfortable and clean and the food was lovely. A great base for lots of different activities and interests in a lovely setting. The outside space has been well done and I would imagine is a fabulous spot for a meal and a drink in the summer.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Like most recent reviewers My wife and myself purchased a voucher for 3 nights Band B with one Dinner included.We decided to travel on the Sunday and booked the Carvery.On arriving at the Ship Inn we went into the pub part.The pub was very busy mainly with people eating the Carvery and some around the bar partaking of a odd drink!!!.
My wife and I sat in the bar for about an hour,mainly because of the friendliness of the "locals" one of whom tried to teach my wife the local dialect.
Whilst sat down I noticed that as with most Carveries peoples plates were slightly over full but what surprised me more was that nothing was left by the people.
Having booked into our room we headed for the Carvery,this was given has a two course to us instead of our "free dinner" and I have to say the Carvery was excellent, you received big slices of meat and despite my wife not been a big eater she did not leave anything(in fact we were still full next morning).In fact I would say if you are ever nearby on a Sunday then drop in for the Carvery.
The Ship Inn is an excellent base for Steam Train enthusiasts,Anglers and Walkers,I would hope we can return especially in Summer, the rooms are clean but possibly not worth the rack rate but the food is excellent including breakfast.The Staff are very friendly and Highley is midway between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth with the town of Bewdley nearby.
We visited Ironbridge,Telford,Bridgnorth and Bewdley.

Room Tip: I would imagine there would be a bit of noise outside front rooms in Summer but by getting back room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Me and my partner went on a voucher deal over 2 nights. Room was lovely spacious, superbly clean with all essentials i.e. tea/coffee etc. however if you want to sleep before 11ish then you might have trouble sleeping as there was loud music being played.......combination of the kitchen and Saturday night entertainment. Bed was quite firm and my partner found it difficult to get comfy (depends what you like). Lovely location and places to walk. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was basic but more than adequate and no issues. We ate on one night and although I enjoyed my meal, my other half didn't rate it, the table next to use had already complained before we were served. Overall, I would recommend The Ship Inn.

Room Tip: Room 1 rather noisy
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Myself my son and Mum ate her on 4th April at lunch time. Fab location and interior stylish. Seating area outside will be great in warm weather overlooking river seven. Food was lovely plus specials board and senior citizens £5 menu. Kids get a free ice cream after their main meal. Food was fab as was the service, we shall return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ruthie023
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for 1 night with a voucher from wowcher. We booked it ages ago not realising it was easter bank hol weekend. We arrived on sat 30th, we were taken to our rooms which are accessible around the side of the inn. The room was small but lovely, the only problem was that the water tank was above out room which was really noisy. We were offered room 2 but that was above the main bar and were told that it would be noisy to. We stuck with the room we were given. The tank stopped making a noise around midnight but started up again about 7am.
We didn't venture out as it was late afternoon, we had drinks in the bar and booked a table for that evening. The food was amazing, well worth it. Staff are lovely and its a very relaxed atmosphere. I think if I had paid £105 for the room which is standard for a double room I would have been disappointed. I paid £39 and would have been happy to pay £65 but not a lot more.

1  Thank Peeps70
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying for one night whilst visiting family in Highley, have used the restaurant and pub several times the food is very good and reasonably priced. Lovely location on the bank of the river close to highly steam railway station. Room very clean, great amenities tea,coffee, toiletries all in the room. Great nights stay will definatly use again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank louderry
Reviewed March 17, 2013

A group of 10 of us purchased a wowcher for £39 b & b for the ship inn and wow was it value for money. A friendly welcome from start to finish. Really lovely rooms with great facilities. We booked into the restaurant at night and had a wonderful meal followed by a great night of entertainment and even a little boogie!! Breakfast was huge and really tasty just what the doctor ordered after a little too much alcohol the night before! Overall a lovely hotel in a lovely location wouldnt hesitate in going back we had a fab time!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highley
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Arley
The Croft Bridgnorth
The Croft Bridgnorth
#1 of 28 in Bridgnorth

Been to The Ship Inn? Share your experiences!