“Good food at a reasonable price”
Review of The Ship Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highley
The Ship Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Highley B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I recently travelled on the Severn Valley Railway to Highley with our 7 year old grand daughter for lunch.
The staff were so nice to my grand daughter when she ordered lunch and drinks for us all which can be unusual these days.
The food we ordered was excellent, service was friendly and quick and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.
The riverside location is fantastic and they have overnight accommodation available as well.
Who could ask for more.
We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy M

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been to the ship a couple of times ( I live 2 hours drive away ) The location is beautiful , the staff very pleasant and the pie is to die for .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Just returned from staying overnight at the ship. The room we were given was lovely and clean with view of the river. The staff were really extremely friendly and helpful. The food was
good lots of choice. We had a party of 6 adults and 4 little children and the staff were very
understanding and able to cope with the little ones. Would highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

OMG! It's a great place for the larger appetite. The side salad that comes with the meal is one of the nicest I've had in a long time. Plenty of tasty home made chips.

I had Sea bass fillet with spinach bacon risotto. The fish was plentiful. The risotto was tasty and I enjoyed it, but far to stodgy and added cheese.

My partner had the mix grill. Cooked to perfection, and loads of it.

Friends recommend the Sunday lunch, so will definitely go back and try.

Due to the location, I can imagine it gets very busy in the summer, but well worth the drive out or stop off on the Severn Valley.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a family lunch at the pub and really enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the location. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We have young children and they were so kind and accomodating. We will certainly be back. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We spent one night at The Ship, and were really impressed with the quality of the room. The view from the room was lovely, tea/coffee facilities excellent and the cooked breakfast the next day was wonderful. Unfortunately, what could have been a great stay was completely ruined by lack of sleep. Ok, so I realise it's a pub, but is it necessary to play loud music and keep the customers in till 4am?!! I did ask politely (at 1am) when the music was going to stop, but didn't really get anywhere. Finally nodded off, and then got woken at 6am by a couple talking loudly right outside our door.

There are lots of interesting sights to see in this area, and we intend to visit again, but definitely won't be staying at The Ship!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Buntyschlager
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Just got back from spending a couple of nights at the Ship, really nice accomodation a lot of attention to detail. Food was excellent, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great scenery, if you fish then they have lock ups for your gear and a fridge for bait. they have dug out some very nice swims.To top my short visit I caught a 9lb 6lb Barbel (my first) I will be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jean b
KatrinaFlintoff, Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review!
We are glad you landed a barbell!
Hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Ship Inn? Share your experiences!