“Terrible! Avoid at all cost!”
Review of Country Hearth Inn

Country Hearth Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Stayed one night at this hotel. Room was very dirty, uncomfortable bed, bathroom was discusting and dirty. Almost afraid to use the shower as tub was old and dirty. This place should be closed down.

• Stayed: June 2007
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn

Reviewed June 1, 2007

A huge lie. On the official Days Inn, website it says this hotel has a pool and gym. The pool is empty and covered by a failing tarp. Their is 10 miles away and a scary African man who sings a lot drives you there in a large van. The hotel also says they offer a continental breakfast which compromises of a single pancake or a bowl of oatmeal in a restauarant that reeks of cigarette smoke.

Continuing on the cigarette theme, the lobby and the non-smoking room we stayed in both smelled horrible. They placed a fridge in our room, but did not plug it in because the room only has 2 electrical outlets. There was apparently ice inside the fridge and as it melted it soaked my suitcase.

Never ever visit this place.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed January 22, 2007

Rooms and grounds were dirty. I was scheduled to stay four nights, but checked out after just one night. A tired, worn down facility that needs a complete refurbishment. I can't believe Days Inn lets this motel keep the banner.

• Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed July 28, 2006

My daughter & I stayed there during a soccer tournament but believe me, if we could have found rooms elsewhere, we would have!!!

First impression was horrible. Property was run down looking & the neighborhood just looked seedy around it. Clerk at desk was somewhat more reassuring though as all seemed professional until we went to go to our room...

There were a number of rough looking men roaming around in the parking lot for no apparent reason, the room itself STUNK to high heaven of smoke, mold, and who knows what. This after we'd requested a non-smoking room.

We returned to the desk to ask for another room. Clerk wasn't so professional this time but grudgingly gave us a key to antoher room, assuring us that it would be better.

Better is a relative term. It didn't SMELL as bad but OMG, it was nasty... The carpet was ripped up in spots, showing bare dirty concrete below. The ceiling had water stains, the furntiure was oily, the bathroom had mold growing all over it, caulk falling out of the tiles... It was worse than most gas station bathrooms & that's saying something!

There was stomping & yelling all night long. My daughter & I were too scared to sleep.

The continental breakfast was actually better than expected (at that point I wasn't expecting much) but to our surprise, it's only one breakfast per room so if there are 2 of you, you have to pay for the 2nd person's breakfast.

Overall, a horrible experience.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank soccermom101
Reviewed April 20, 2006

I stayed here several months ago but it's just now that I'm psychologically recovered enough to comment on this place. Seriously, we stayed here in an unexpected overnight layover and used a business discount to get the room for $24 a night. If we'd had a way to get back to the airport, I would have left and slept on the floor at the airport. You could not pay me $24 to stay here. OK, to substantiate the drama, here are the facts:

1) the airport shuttle was reserved all morning so that we had no way to take the shuttle to the airport to catch out flight. we stayed here because it advertised an airport shuttle, and then wound up having to call a taxi to take us to the airport.
2) we waited at the airport for an hour for the shuttle to arrive even though we were promised it woudl be there in 15 minutes.
3) the woman workign the front desk was not very friendly and made no efforts to help us resolve our transportation dilemma
4) the room were FILTHY. I didn't even take a shower the next morning because I preferred my own filth to what was growing in the bath tub.
5) the air conditioner went out in the middle of the night, a very very hot night
6) the surrounding neighborhood was bad, with sketchy characters in the parking lot

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank JAtlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed January 10, 2006

As a travel agent, I was appalled. My first roonm had nowhere to hang clothes. The second was nasty and stayed that way for my whole stay. My room was not vacuumed at all. Mold on the bathroom tile. Stay away at any price!

Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2005

We needed a place to stay that was close to the CVG airport for a connecting flight out the next morning. Neither of us got any sleep - we should have just told the van driver to bring us back to the airport. Granted, it was the cheapest place around but what a dump. This is an ancient Holiday Inn property on it’s last legs. There is no hallway, all rooms are “outside” rooms. Our room - one of the best I was told by the front desk - was old and decrepit. The mattress was very uncomfortable - the furniture was not dirty but FILTHY. The carpeting had huge stains and the bathroom was a wreck. Mildew everywhere, peeling paint and loose chunks of dried out caulking falling out of the wall. The ceiling was stained and caving in. We had heavy bags and had to use the elevator but we discovered that it was at the far end of the building in a dark and scary area. The elevator was disgusting and very creepy feeling. We were given breakfast vouchers which consisted of a basic hot breakfast in reasonably clean surroundings, a small bonus for a horrible experience. The motel location is not good - sketchy neighborhood next to a gas station in a dark area by a busy highway. Yes it’s cheap but take the advice of someone who stayed here - Spend a few bucks more and stay anywhere else - this place is one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in, no joke - which compelled me to write this very negative review.

5  Thank tbrielmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
#3 of 28 in Florence
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!