All reviewswaffle housered roof innroom was cleanwafflesparking lotbiscuits and gravywould stay againfront desk staffworked finewater pressurethe breakfast areasouthern hospitalityfree breakfastan older hotelthird floorgreat roomshower head
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First, let me say that the hotel employees were very pleasant and the treatment I received was great. Unfortunately, they immediately told us the pool was closed. First downfall as my child was really looking forward to a nice swim. We booked this night as a birthday surprise for my son to swim, go to Reds game, and Newport Aquarium. (Posting on your website that the pool was closed would have been helpful and save a lot of time.) Knowing a lot of the hotels were booked in the area, we decided to keep our reservation and just deal with the pool being closed. We walked into our ground floor room and was not impressed. Our room had a nice view of the drained, empty pool. We go to put our luggage down and we notice what appeared to be blood spatter on the comforter. It was red droplets. Even if it wasn’t blood, we, the customer, assumed it was and that’s all that kept running through our minds. We immediately took both comforters off, knowing we wouldn’t be using them. The room smelled musty and was somewhat dingy. I started to get the feeling of “I will never be able to relax or be comfortable sleeping in this room tonight.” Looking at the pillows, expecting, white pillow cases – there were smudges and spots that looked unclean. Still with that uneasy feeling, I looked at the bathroom and the black hairs on the soap dish and handle bar in the shower really did it for me. I simply walked to the front desk and asked if I checked out now, if I could be refunded. The front desk employees were very pleasant and I was refunded my money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amanda P
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay. The conditions of your room were totally unacceptable and not the experience we want our guest to have while staying with us. Our housekeeping department manager is aware of your experience and has taken the necessary steps to correct the problem. We also apologize for the pool being closed. The day before your arrival we had a problem with the pool which required additional time to fix.
We are constantly making improvements so when you return to the Erlanger area we hope you will give us another try.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting my brother in Hebron. Our rooms were very clean even though this is an older property, it's in good shape.

The best selling point for this property is their staff. They are professional but not stuffy. They were helpful and friendly.

The WIFI is hit or miss, but if you're looking for a good basic place to stay, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ancoraimparo59
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Erlanger, KY - Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Glad to hear you had a great stay while visiting your brother. We pride ourselves on making your stay a pleasant one. Our staff is the greatest! They take the extra steps to keep our guest happy.

Come and stay with us again when you are in the area. We appreciate your business.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before and we liked it. The other trip advisor reviews were not very good but since we had been there before we thought we would check it out. We had a coupon from a travel book that they let us use. It was a Saturday night and we asked for a king bed. There was no extra charge for either. The room was clean. The bed was nice with lots of pillows. The water pressure and hot water made for a relaxing shower. Terry checked us in and was very knowledgable and helpful. Checkout is not until noon which was nice. We had a wonderful weekend and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Erlanger, KY - Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are always happy to see our repeat guests and know that you have had another great stay with us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and Terry is the perfect example. We appreciate your business and your loyalty. The next time you are in our area we look forward to having you as our guest..

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here on the price basis of a coupon in an Interstate 78 coupon book. We were pleased with everything about our stay. The room was clean & comfortable. It was quiet, being further from the Interstate noise. It was convenient to LOTS of restaurants & shopping. A great bookstore close by. I can't understand the bad reviews of this facility. At breakfast I heard another traveler say it was the cleanest place of many she had stayed in during frequent traveling. There were many long-term workers staying there, but they were quiet. We would stay there again if circumstances presented.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and make sure your stay is a memorable experience. Our location is perfect for the traveler who needs a nice place to stay with lots of restaurants, movies and shopping nearby. We are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night when passing through the area and would strongly recommend travelers find another option. The place is incredibly dirty from the lobby to the rooms, it's just terrible. The first room they assigned us was ot made up when we got to the room and when we went to request a new room we didn't even receive an apology and were made to feel that it was our fault for wanting a new room. The carpets, beds, bathrooms and walls all need a good cleaning or a complete update. Though, this place isn't just outdated...it's really dirty. The rate was cheap, but I would pay extra for cleanliness and friendliness.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank alynne42
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Erlanger, KY - Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your response. We use TripAdvisor reviews as a training tool for our staff. Customer service complaints are taken very seriously and steps have been taken to improve this situation. I am sorry our property did not meet your expectations and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your response and have taken the necessary steps to improve the conditions to make the property more inviting. We hope that when you return to the Erlanger area you will give us the opportunity to show you the changes we've made to make the customer experience a good experience.