Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Let me just start by saying that this place needs some major help. First off when I checked in the guy at the front desk was excellent! He was so friendly so fast made great conversation with me he told me how long he had been there and I was shocked to see someone with so much potential be at a place like this. When I checked into my room it was just a nightmare. Dust everywhere toilets were not clean beds looked like they just pulled the sheets back and made it up from the nigh before. Tv barely worked. Just a nightmare. Then as I am sleeping I wake in the middle of the night when I started to itch. I woke up only to find 3 little bugs by my arm. I called the front desk at 3am and the young lady who answered the phone who could barely speak mind you I told her the situation and he said (from what I could make out) that this happens all the time and there was nothing she could do right now cause she was running audit. Don't know how that affects your computer but okay. When I checked out around 8 cause I was so ready to get out of there I spoke to a lady another lady at the desk named heather. I asked to speak to a manger. She stated that she was the manager. I said I would like to speak to the gm. I wanted to talk to someone who was in charge. She said mam the gm is not available right now she is working on our end of month reports but I can help you with what you need. I stated no I am a customer I want to speak with the gm. She started to raise her voice and had the nastiest attitude I have ever encountered. She finally gets the gm and she comes up with just as big of an attitude I beleive her name was casie. I told her what happen she was a little compasinate more. But still nothing got resolved all she did was apologize once an went back on her way. I suggest anyone who is thinking about staying here I advise you strongly not too. This place is in need of a major renovation and new management. Overall I think it should just be tore down. The only positive experience I had at this hotel was my check in experience. If they were all like that young man was the place woul run great besides the renovations. Overall pick somewhere better!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank oldy82
Cassie W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our Comfort Inn Greater Cincinnati Airport. I sincerely appologize that our property failed to meet your expectations. Please understand that your experience was not up to our standards, and correct steps are being taken to prevent this from happening again in the future. I have taken immediate action in regards to the bug problems, and this issue has been resolved. I hope that if you return to the Erlanger area, you will consider giving us another opportunity. Again, I appologize for your inconveniences. Thank you.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was stranded at CVG without a hotel when my connecting flight was overbooked. I went online and booked the Comfort Inn over more upscale alternatives. This was an ordinary Comfort Inn a 10 minute ride from CVG. Free shuttle between airport and Choice Inn worked fine. The medium sized room needed a thorough cleaning. Functional but cheap furniture, working tube TV, coffee pot, bathtub, very slow free wifi. On premises free warm breakfast. Dining options in the immediate neighborhood were not good. Heard a customer complaining about an excessive wait for the shuttle van returning from an offsite restaurant. The front desk staff member was friendly and efficient, but overworked. There were long lines with a 15 minute wait on check in.

Hint: The Waffle House across the parking lot was not good. The steak was tough, the fries were cold and the salad was warm. Would have been better to stick with eggs/waffles/bacon.

Hint: For transportation, call the Comfort Inn from airport courtesy phones outside of baggage claims and then wait for the free shuttle outside on the traffic island. Enjoy your conversation with the retired GE jet engine maker and Vietnam vet driver. Look for the clip board at the front desk to reserve a seat for the return.

Hint: There is a Comfort Suites as well as a Comfort Inn listed as “in the vicinity of CVG” with online booking services and at the airport courtesy phones. Take care to note which of the two you book, lest you arrive at the wrong property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Greater Cincinnati Airport. We apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guest and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. The General Manager has met with the appropriate departments to assure that your concerns were addressed and corrected. We hope that when you return to the Erlanger Area you will chose the Comfort Inn Greater Cincinnati Airport for your stay.

Best Regards,
Donna Thompson
Area Sales Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Let me start by saying this HAD been our family getaway hotel for many yrs. We love this place and to see it in such a mess, shatters our hearts. The place has been going down hill for awhile, but never would I have imagined they would let it get this far.
The hotel is up for sale. They are short staffed and running on the bare minimum of everything.The bedding, the towels, the mattresses, the everything needs replacing....even the phones are disgusting. PLEASE someone buy this and restore it to it's glory. You can see it was once a gem. Bring her back to life.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthernKyHotelQueen
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are sorry that the property did not meet your expectations on your last visit. We hope that in the future when your travel brings you back to our area that you will once again select our location for your hotel needs. Best Regards, Cindy Addison

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Convenient for where we needed to be, but probably hasn't had a rennovation in years. Clean, and adequate but very outdated. The evening desk clerk was nice but certainly not very professional. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank susanjane_9
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. We use Trip Advisor as a training tool and your issue have been addressed by the appropriate departments. We hope that when you return to the Erlanger area you will chose to stay at the Comfort Inn Erlanger Greater Cincinnati Airport.

Kindest Regards,

Donna Thompson
Area Sales Manager

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I was recently put up in this hotel by an airline for missing a connecting flight in cincinnati and was disgusted by the conditions. The entire 3rd floor smelled like a musty basement, the carpet and upholsted furniture were soiled and dirty, and the finale was bed bugs found between the mattress and box spring (pictures to prove it). I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Bob K
Dustin B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. What you had experienced while here is not up to our standard. We again apologize for not being able rectify the situation as we were not notified during your stay, but have taken measures to address these problems. Again thank you for your comment and we hope that you will consider our hotel if you are in our area in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Great place for a great price. We had a fantatstic stay here, plenty of towels, our kids loved the swimming pool, have been renovating with updates. The breakfast was very good also, two types of waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, english muffins, white/wheat
bread, assorted muffins and danishes. I would recommened this to anyone. Lots of great places to eat not to far from hotel.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

When we arrived around 4:00 pm the front desk staff had a little trouble figuring out which rooms we were to stay in and then I was surprised to see housekeeping still working on one of our room. They were very apologetic and said something about running behind because laundry was short staffed. The room was generously sized, linens were clean and bright, bed was comfortable with Comfort Inn's usual assortment of pillows, The bathroom was smaller than usual. The sink/vanity top appeared to be recently updated, but the tub was worn and "yucky" with no diverter for the tub spout (you would have to use the shower head to fill the tub for a bath.) We did not use the outdoor pool, but it appeared to be clean and well maintained.

When we arrived for breakfast it was understocked so we chose from what was available. While we ate two or three staff members got busy and restocked everything to include scrambled egg, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, pastries, etc. - overall a good selection.

The side entrance door we used did not close completely so there was no need to swipe our room card to enter the building - a serious security lapse.

Some members of the staff seemed unsure of themselves but I think they were in training. Everyone was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kerrismom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Days Inn Florence
Quality Inn & Suites
#19 of 28 in Florence
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
WoodSpring Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport

Address: 630 Donaldson Hwy, Erlanger, KY 41018-1239 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport)
Location: United States > Kentucky > Erlanger
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Price Range: $73 - $121 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport 2*
Located less than six miles from Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Erlanger, KY – Cincinnati Airport also offers easy access to the many attractions of Cincinnati. Drive about 15 minutes to reach the Newport Aquarium, home to stingrays, penguins, sharks and seahorses. If you’re traveling with kids, you can plan a trip to Kings Island for a day filled with roller coasters and waterslides. The Kentucky Speedway tempts adrenaline junkies with thrilling ARCA and NASCAR races, and Paul Brown Stadium hosts Bengals games only nine miles away. When you return to the hotel, you can lounge by the outdoor pool or loosen up your muscles with a workout in the fitness center. Free Wi-Fi makes it easy to buy Kings Island or Bengals tickets, and complimentary coffee is offered in the lobby 24 hours a day. Hotel amenities include: ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Greater Cincinnati Airport Hotel Erlanger