WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“A bargain is sometimes not such a bargain.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I expected so so from previous reviews and got that for sure. We were looking for a place to stay for 1 night and did not want to spend a lot. The beds looked as if made by a two year old. I checked sheets and they appeared unused. Table was dirty and there was hair from a razor on bathroom counter. There was a fuzzy piece of tape behind bathroom door and standing water in the tub drain where it does not drain well. The lot was full of nice cars(other penny pinchers!) and the proprty seemed safe enough. The lobby smelled like Indian food, which is okay for an indian restaurant just not what I want to smell as I am looking at breakfast. The staff seemed nice and friendly so if it got cleaned up a bit it would be worth a cheap night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beattyville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and opted to cash in a free Choice Privileges night on another trip. I reserved a single-bed room and requested first floor. The location was the lower building and I really didn't feel comfortable there, so I came back and asked the manager to put me in the two-bed room where I had stayed on my previous visit. He did that without any problems.

The room itself may have slipped a little, or at least that's the feeling I got. The carpet's starting to look a little threadbare in places, but the bed was comfortable and the microwave and fridge are an asset. The shower water pressure is great and is a primary reason i don't mind staying here if I can get a room in the upper building.

Wi-fi works well, but they change the password daily. The password that worked the night of my stay didn't work the next morning.

There are hotels that are closer to the eateries and shopping in the Florence Mall area, but this motel isn't inconveniently far away. The price is right and it's the lowest-tier for cashing in a reward night, so it works for me. As it is now I'd have no qualms about going back if I could get my room in the upper building.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the upper building (next to the office) if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CRESCENT CITY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My laptop came up missing out of the room. Staff said no one turned in , how nice of them. I was pretty much told I was out of luck. The staff didn't not even apologize. If they steal items like this imagine what they do to your personal information. I would not recommend this hotel for my worst enemy!!! I hope whoever has my computer is having fun and can sleep good at night knowing that they are a thief. FYI I was told that their are no cameras on the premises to see what people take in and out of the rooms. Real safe.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KELLY M

Travelers are raving about these Erlanger hotels

Shepherdsville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

for starters our window was cracked the room smelled horrible the pillows were awful. The area was loud from the bar next door under staffed the tub was filthy. Would not stay there again. The price was right but i felt like crap from lack of sleep when the air went off hou could hear the ppl from the bar yelling and running around.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed at a lot of budget motels and the ok.This econolodge was above that.The service was nice.The rooms were very clean.Nice white towels.Housekeepers were very friendly Ginny was very nice to us. Will stay again

• Stayed June 2012
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The staff was very helpful, but that could not make up for the smoke smell in the non-smoking rooms. I had to try several before I found one that was not so bad, so I could stay after airing it for several hours. The price was right, though, so I wanted to stay, and the ladies were so kindly accomodating.

Room Tip: If the smell is foul, ask for another room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The motel is acceptably average for the price and location. The floor does have some staining as well as the comforters, but not enough to send me running since I the first thing I do is pull off the comforters anyway. The toilet handle did not work but within 10 minutes of our arrival, a handyman was there with a housekeeper who had cleaned the room earlier. The shower did not drain well and there was standing water as we showered (to our ankles). There was also a missed dirty glass from the previous occupants.
However, we stayed here because it is considerably cheaper than surrounding motels. The room is clean with a fridge and microwave. The continental breakfast is the standard oatmeal and Hostess muffins, perfectly fine for a quick bite. We stayed at the room on the end of the office side, on the opposite side it is next to the parking lot for a local bar.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TheDom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
#11 of 26 in Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!