“Very nice, comfortable room!”

Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My family of 8 stayed here this past weekend on our way to a ballgame in Cincinnatti. The rooms were very comfortable, and the service was exemplary! From the moment I reached the front desk until checkout we were treated very professionally and were afforded great service! I never passed an employee from the maid on Sunday morning, to the night watchman, who delivered not one, but two rollaway beds for us after our son, the Dr. in residency, decide to catch a few hours sleep before heading back to Indianapolis to work on Sunday morning, who did not greet me with a "good morning or a thank you for staying at their hotel. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Cincy! 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband was scheduled to complete a week-long training at this hotel, and instead of staying home with the kids for a whole week, we decided to join him!

Upon arrival, there were a few things I was immediately disappointed about. First, there is no breakfast included with your stay. Not even a continental breakfast. There was a tower of fruit and coffee in the lobby. I knew about this ahead of time, so I packed a box of cereal and a bottle of milk and some other breakfast goodies to have in the room for my kids. When we got to the room, there was no mini fridge!! So I had to pour my milk out. There was a decent breakfast buffet, but at $13 per adult, it got kind of pricey for the whole week. Kids were free, so that made up for the cost, in my opinion. The sausage links were really good! My husband said he had an awesome omelette. The restaurant also served Graeter's black raspberry chip ice cream, which I had several times!

The room was average. At first glance it seemed TINY!! We had a room with two double beds, and I thought there would be a sofa, but there was only room for a chair. Once we squeezed in the pack and play for my daughter to sleep in, it was tight! The beds and pillows were comfortable. However, I did notice what looked like dried mustard on one bed, and dried ketchup on the other bed. Both stains were on the down comforter on the inside of the two layers of white sheeting. I turned the down comforter down on both beds so the cleaning ladies would see it. However, when I checked, the down comforter was not replaced our entire visit.

I get that it's a conference hotel, so most people are there on business or for traveling and not staying for a week-long with two children like we were, but the trash cans were super tiny as well and quickly filled up with dirty diapers and other garbage.

The highlight of the hotel for our family was the pool and hot tub. We went down every day and utilized both! My little boy LOVEs hot tubs for some reason and was excited to have it all to himself, as the pool area was frequently not busy.

The only other downside I will mention is that the layout of this hotel is kind of awkward. The lobby and restaurant area was quite a hike from our room, which got tiresome with our kids in tow. One plus side was that there were numbered doors with plenty of parking all around the hotel so that you could easily get inside the hotel from wherever you parked.

I doubt we will be back because it's 4+ hours from our house, but this visit wasn't too bad!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear MrsAmie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are delighted to see you and your kids enjoyed your overall experience with us. On the other hand, we regret the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

We value you as our guest and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 27, 2014

My tour group stayed here and it was very comfortable. The rooms were clean with comfy beds. The bathroom was clean and there was plenty of room to spread out. There is a great gym next to the indoor pool. The hotel staff was very helpful. Breakfast was set up for us in the main lobby area and it was very good. I would highly recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Perfect place to stay. Clean rooms, comfotable. THe 1 pm late check out was nice. a short drive to Cinci, and also about a 15 min drive to Riverbend. It makes a great place to stay for shows and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family of 4 stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. I mistakenly thought breakfast was included so we were quite disappointed when we woke up the next morning to find only coffee and fruit were on offer in the lobby. Being a conference hotel I guess it doesn't make sense to offer free breakfast. The hotel is big with a nice water fountained lobby.
Service was a slow when it came to specific request like another set of towels or TV remote.
The room was clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave.
They did have discounted tickets for the Museum.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so you can't walk anywhere for grocery or restaurants but there is a gas station across the hotel; overpriced of course but well stocked.
For the same price I would go to another hotel for breakfast or the option of other restaurants but it's not a bad hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear TorontoSunvacationer,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location to the airport and awesome dinner at their McKennas restaurant. Rooms are typical for holiday inn but this time you couldn't open the window at all and the room constantly had a stuffy smell.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Arrived after a long flight and left early so didn't really use all the amenities though they looked nice.

Room was large and comfortable, looked like it had been re-decorated recently. Ate in the restaurant, food was fine by American standards as was the breakfast.

The only downside was that the person who had stayed before me had set the alarm to 5am and although apparently it is supposed to be part of the room servicing to switch it off, they had not done this. It does kind of beg the question as to why, in 2014, the age of smartphones, wake up calls and alarm via the TV, Holiday Inn feels the need to put old fashioned button alarm clocks in their rooms, but they do and it wasn't a popular move. The hotel was apologetic, but apparently I am not the first person this has happened to, and I don't suppose I will be the last.

The shuttle bus service was great, very friendly and helpful - easy to find and on my way back took me to Hertz directly instead of just dumping me at the airport door.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!