“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Taylor Mill, Kentucky
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I loved our room! So clean and fresh. Restaurant has excellent food, pricey, but really good. Room service was great and very fast. Breakfast was really nice- you pick a time and they deliver it to your room right on time! There are service phones located everywhere. The pool and workout room were spotless. My husband loved the sauna! We asked for a fridge and extra towels and they were at our door in minutes! Hotel is beautiful, staff is very helpful, a great place to stay! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: As this is a business orientated hotel the rates are cheaper on Friday and Saturday. They will bri...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Recently came to Florence for family weekend. Needed five rooms. Front staff especially Chris and Bobbie went out of their way to keep my family close and in a quiet area. With a sold out house and lots of soccer teams here I know that was difficult. Our rooms were all king beds, newly renovated and spotless clean. Our housekeeper Tina did a great job. Hotel was close to everything. Pool and gym area immaculate. Restaurant too pricey for my tastes so we went out for meals. So glad this is non-smoking and not pet friendly!! The only downfall was no fridge or microwave available in the rooms. Would be great asset. We will be back!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport in mid-Feb., 2013. I arrived about 5:00 P.M. and did the "park and fly" - leaving early the next a.m. to fly to Tucson. My room was medium-sized but had everything I needed and was comfortable and clean. I had dinner at the hotel dining and had a good meal ( except for slightly over-cooked tilapia), with a charming server. The next a.m. I had a light breakfast and then the only glitch of the stay: when I returned to my room, I could not open the door. I called the front desk from a conveniently located phone, and they immediately sent up a young maintenance man, who also could not open the door. He contacted the front desk and very quickly another maintenance man arrived who was able to immediately open the door. I caught the 7:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport and got my flight with no problem. Upon arrival back at 2:00 p.m., I phoned the hotel for the shuttle and within 20 min. it arrived and delivered me to my waiting car at the hotel. The shuttle driver was especially helpful and friendly. The entire experience worked out very well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed there for trip to Cincinnati Children's hospital. Had to fly in late and leave early so wanted airport location. Also wanted a pool for the kids. This hotel was very convenient, clean with nice rooms. Pool area was nice with sunny indoor location, not hidden in the basement. Good jacuzzi and sauna. But what blew me away was the service. I asked about arranging a taxi to take my son and I to Cincinnati children's hospital. Instead they arranged a complementary shuttle. And when they couldn't get there quickly for pick up (It's quite far), the arranged for outside taxi service to come get us. Totally unexpected and service above and beyond. So nice rooms, great pool and exceptional service.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ottsofthielen
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

A good hotel for a park and fly option. Shuttle was prompt on both delivery and pick up from the airport. Pool and hot tub with sauna were nice for my family to enjoy preflight. Close to a Walmart (10 minutes) and several good restaurant options. Not far from Newport Aquarium either. We will definitely stay here or future flights out of cincinati. Only draw back was no free breakfast, but airport had a few god options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank herdfans4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Had my 25 year class reunion here. The staff went above and beyond to make our reunion a success. The food was very good. Friendly staff, nice rooms and banquet hall. The only down side was elevator was a little slow. The room (607) was very nice and clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kjeanconnelly
Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I can't believe people would give this hotel 5 stars!
Entering the lobby you get the feeling you are in the 1980's.
The rooms were seemingly of the same era.
Room was a decent size and the TV was nice.
Had a Cockroach crawling around in my room which caused me to not sleep well on my first night there.
I was there on business and had a discount rate of $99 per night which is about what these rooms are worth (maybe less).
I was surprised however when I got my bill and discovered that they actually charged full rate of $255 for night one and $230 for night 2 unbelievable! I have had small suites that were much nicer (and much cleaner) for less than $255!
Maybe you pay for the convenience of being near the airport but I would rather pay more for a taxi and stay at a nicer hotel if that's the case.
Unfortunately I was unable to find out the discrepancy before I left and saw it on my credit card statement and now need to try and correct this before I put in my expense report.
I did request some toothpaste and shaving cream which was promptly brought to my room.
Front desk personnel were kind and courteous.
Breakfast buffet was expensive and did not have many choices. I have had free breakfast buffets that were better.

Room Tip: Bring bug spray
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vin L
Greg H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
We were taken back by the experience reflected here and on behalf of the Hotel, we wish to humbly apologize for the experience conveyed in this Review and would have preferred to handle any concerns personally while the guest was here. These are not comments we are accustomed to hearing about our products and services and truly hope we have the opportunity to make restitution in good faith in effort to regain this guest's confidence during a future stay. Our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product, and for this reason, these comments are very troubling and we have certainly shared with the entire Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger

Been to Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!