All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfront deskbasketball courtstove topsausagesnacks and drinksmarriott hotelsliving arearooms are largeyogurtfree breakfastsofa bednext morningoutdoor poola great place to stayfree shuttle
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel itself isn't bad. I've stayed here a few times. There are a few flaws here that are fairly easily remedied. First problem is the front desk employees don't always tell you what building your room is in. And if you are new to the hotel, you don't know to ask, or even if you are not, you can forget to ask! This should be basic. Always. My first stay I wandered around for a while before I found where I was staying, I didn't know there were 3 buildings! Thought maybe it was a freak occurrence but during my stay saw several people doing the same thing at different times. That just isn't right!
Also my last stay was room 340.... not good. The bed there is awful, avoid it. (hotel if you are reading, please change this mattress!) Sat down on springs. My hip was so sore in the morning from springs poking me all night. Ouch!
The rooms are a standard extended stay rooms. Nothing fancy, but all your necessities are right there. Full size fridge sink, cabinets. Other than room 340, I've never had problems with the beds. They aren't the best, but not bad.
The third building has more noise. There is a highway behind it, and all the odd numbered rooms have highway noise. Huge issue with third building - steps to get into the building! No ramp to roll your bags up. What kind of hotel does that?! Also walls are thin. Many airline crews stay at this hotel, for the most part they are quiet and need sleep. But some do workout videos in their rooms... as I experienced at 5 am one morning right above me. For a full hour my room shook as he/she jumped up and down and ran up and down the hallway and stairs.
Breakfast is great for a hotel. Hot options as well as cold. Coffee is decent too. However if you are in the back building... its a long cold walk to the breakfast lounge in the morning!
There is nothing around the hotel to eat, so a car is almost necessary. The Japanese place across the street is delicious, but you can't eat that every day. Also it is far from the city if that is what you are looking for, this is an airport hotel.
All in all, a good hotel. I don't want to steer anyone away, just want to give honest expectations, for the price, it might be a bit lacking.

Room Tip: Avoid room 340. Worst bed ever, unless you like springs all over. Also right next to elevator, which is never a good idea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Njkrisko
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am terribly sorry about your recent experience, as a regular guest I'm sure you're aware that we don't typically experience issues with our mattresses. I appreciate you letting us know; now that we are aware of the issue we are in the process of remedying it. Thank you for your nice comments about our breakfast buffet, we strive to provide a wide selection of quality products. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, hopefully on your next visit you are as comfortable as you have come to expect!

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Easy airport shuttle to and from. Quick walk to METS Center. Breakfast is good. Evening reception snack is forgettable but beer is ok.
Hall noise was acceptable. I could hear Bigfoot upstairs with no problem. You can hear running water from other bathrooms

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jwuams
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient; for anyone that is attending a function at the METS center it's only a few steps away. Our airport shuttle is also convenient as it operates 24/7 and the airport is a mere 5 minute ride from our property! Thank you for your nice comment about our breakfast as well, we strive to present a superior product selection for our valuable guests. I certainly apologize that you experienced a noisy stay; I can assure you that this type of experience in not typical of our property. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us, hopefully we'll have you back on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent the one night here and it was very nice!! At first I was a bit disappointed that they had an outdoor pool,did not realize this but we used their sister hotel,Courtyard which was just a few yards away. As we were at the Courtyard I was talking to one of the staff members and they informed me that The Courtyard and Residence Inn are always nearby to each other and you can use the amenities of either. I wish I had known this when we did stay at Courtyard because you can walk over and have their breakfast buffet The only thing that would concern me is in the winter having to walk from one bldg outside to the other for breakfast but it would be well worth the chill!! Breakfast was totally awesome, they has scrambled eggs,real eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, with lots of toppings, variety cereals, waffles,fresh cut fruit, even though the oj machine was out there was oj on the buffet in pitchers. There was much more on the buffet. The room was very nice and not a speck of dust, the beds were comfortable,we had a bdrm suite...it was nice because our son and his friend had their own tv to play video games or watch movies...It was a VERY nice stay!!

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is a bad room. In the winter you want to be close to the welcome bldg so you don't get cold walking through the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Camille E
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, your nice comments certainly brightened our day! The Courtyard by Marriott next door is a convenient partner, and you're correct in saying that you will often see the two hotels paired up. We are happy to let their guests use our facilities and vice-versa. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selection, we work hard to ensure that we have a wide selection of quality products available to our guests. Thank you again for your kind words, make sure to come and see us again on your next trip to the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had the 2 bedroom suite which was very comfortable. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a living room with sofa bed, and kitchen. We had to come to a wedding in town and spent the weekend here with our family of 5 plus my daughter's friend. It was plenty of room. The room was big and clean and there was a fireplace. There was a nice gym. The breakfast was average. I've had much better breakfasts at other Residence Inns.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and share you experience with us, I am so glad that you found the two-bedroom suite accomodating! You are correct in saying there is plenty of room in them; when staying with a small group it gives you more than enough space to spread out and many do have a fireplace for a more home-like feel. Thank you for your nice comment about our fitness center as well; we recently replaced all of our equipment and even added a set of free weights. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spoke with Susan at the front desk and she was extremeley accomodating from the start. I traveled to the hotel for business and she made my stay away from home as seamless as possible. I am a light sleeper and when I arrived at my room, I noticed that it was a bit too close to the stairs than I would like. Due to my career, I normally wake up very early, and didn't want any outside noise interference. Susan was nice enough to give me another room that accomodated me better. The customer service she gave was second to none. Oh, and by the way they have a free cookout on Wednesday's by the pool and all guests of the hotel are welcome. There is burgers, hotdogs, and beverages.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, your nice comments about our property are so encouraging to our staff! Susan has been with us for over 13 years and has always delivered exceptional customer service from the start. We always do our best to accomodate special requests when possible; I am so glad that Susan was able to make your stay a successful one. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, we hope to see you again on your next trip to the area!