“Close to Airport and Downtown Cincinnati”

Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Close to Airport and Downtown Cincinnati”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Check the online rates for this hotel. It is a typical Residence Inn. It rained the entire time we were there so we did not get to experience the outside activities/amenities such as pool, basketball court and gazebo while there.

Two small complaints and one could not be helped. We got a room on the first floor and I think the person above us did gymnastics starting at 5am. There was no sleeping in. I would advise a room on the third floor as they do have elevators in the building. Secondly, the breakfast crew was inexperienced. They kept running out of food, paper products and eating utensils. The food was good, but slow getting it. Overall not a bad hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: This is a three story hotel. Reserve a room on the third floor to avoid noisy foot traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vetskidog
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words about our hotel! You are exactly right about our prime location; close to the airport and only a 15 minute drive to downtown Cincinnati. It's unfortunate that the weather during your stay held you from utilizing our outdoor facilities; our pool, grills, and SportsCourt are always a big hit with summer season guests. Thank you again for your feedback, and hopefully the weather is more pleasant on your next visit with us!

Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
Lee's Summit, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me say I am a Marriott fan, particularly of the Residence Inn properties for business travel. That said, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Residence Inn in Erlanger, KY. Significant positive factors: proximity to the airport, a quiet location off the main roads, courtesy shuttle to the airport, the helpful front desk staff, and cleanliness of my room/living area. The primary disappointment was in the quality of the morning breakfast & the cleanliness of the eating area, as well as no eating establishments nearby and a significant laxness in the rules regarding smoking/non-smoking areas. Major points to Res Inn for featuring breakfast items for Asian guests, but the always-sticky tables and same-old egg entrees were rather unappetizing. Some mornings I opted for tea and toast from my kitchen, so I could have whole-grain bread. The evening snacks were not at all appealing - but no worries - since a trip to a supermarket about 6-7 miles away stocked me up on food. Not sure if I would choose this property again when I return to Cincinnati on business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we always appreciate when our loyal guests open up to us as we're always happy to lend an ear! Thank you for your nice comments about our staff, we are blessed to have a group of wonderful people on our staff here who genuinely care about the comfort and well being of our guests. Our proximity to the airport is definitely a plus and our shuttle service is very convenient if you are flying in or out of town. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast; we always do attempt to provide a diverse selection and thanks to your feedback will soon feature whole-grain bread! Our location is a bit off the beaten path as well, although there are several shopping centers with plenty of restaurant selections less than ten minutes from us, and our shuttle service would be happy to give you a lift next time you visit us! We hope that you will come back and see us in the future, we promise not to disappoint!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over 4th of July holiday. We got the studio option. The hotel is very tired. Old, dirty carpets in the hallway and everything is outdated. The room was not very clean and I could not even sit on the couch or chair because they looked dirty. Kitchen was ok with cooktop, refrigerator and microwave. The carpet in the room looks like it is from 20 years ago so when you enter the room it looks old and dirty. The free breakfast is not worth it. I didn't eat it because it was that bad. The only thing that could be good was the waffle (there is a waffle maker in the breakfast area) but it was so crowded that I could not even get to it. Everything else in breakfast was super low quality. I know it is not a luxury hotel but I certainly expected more having stayed at other extended stay hotels so when I compare this was terrible. Also $100 pet fee is too high. Many hotels charge $50 0r $75 these days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for providing feedback and sharing your experience. I'm terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay; we do realize that there are some aspects of our property that appear to be a bit dated. However, we are working towards a remodeling project in order to address some of the issues you described. We have recently made improvements to our high-speed internet, renovated our fitness center, and refinished the pool among other things; we hope to have a complete remodel project sometime in the near future! Thank you again for providing us with your feedback; we will use it to the best of our abilities to improve our future guest's stay!

USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I only have one complaint: it cost me $100 a night to have my dog there and they say it is pet friendly.
Otherwise, the breakfast, the rooms, the atmosphere are all very good. They even have food of Asian quality for breakfast; like soup and wet rice.

• Stayed June 2013
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing some valuable feedback! As an extended stay hotel, we have many families stay with us during a relocation process, and we are proud to be a pet-friendly property in order to accommodate our diverse clientele. We do require a deposit for our furry guests in order to properly prepare the room for its next occupant; this way we can treat the room with the appropriate hypo-allergenic products to ensure the next guest enjoys their stay as much as the first. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast as well! We actively try to provide a wide variety, and are so glad to hear you were a fan. Hopefully you'll stop by and see us again on your next visit to the Cincinnati area!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We got a very good rate here but I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the rooms are a little"tired" and the noise level a little loud (kids running up and down the hall at 10:30 PM.) Also, there was an odor of cigarette smoke in the room which was quite unpleasant. The stairs are killers but our choice was to walk up three flights of stairs lugging all our stuff or walk what felt like 3 miles to get to the elevator. With all the other choices we probably won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we hold our guest's opinions in high regards as we are always looking for ways to improve each guest's stay. I am terribly sorry you experienced a "smoky" smell in your room; we are a 100% smoke-free facility and I can assure you this experience is not typical for us. We do realize that there are aspects of our property that some people may consider "tired", but we are currently in the process of addressing that issue. We have recently increased our internet speed, re-finished the parking lot, and remodeled the pool, hot-tub, and fitness center. We are making progress, and have seen positive results thus far! We hope that on your next trip to the area you will would be willing to consider staying with us again, we promise not to disappoint!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My family recently had a 4 night stay here. We had a 1 bedroom suite: we appreciate being able to put our 2 young kids down for a nap or to bed at night while still being able to close a door and watch tv, read or plan the next day. The room itself was a good size and clean. Our only problem with the room was how loud everything was! The dishwasher, the bathroom fan (which always comes on with the light), the toilet flushes, and the a/c. And, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much sound proofing in the floors. My kids aren't loud, bounce-off-the-walls, jump-on-the-furniture types. But at 19-months and 4 years, they don't quite understand how to tiptoe or why they should. My sincerest apologies to the guest in the room below who felt the need to pound on the ceiling every time any of us walked across the room.

Hot breakfast was included. There were do-it-yourself waffles, 4 rotating hot food items (French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy), 4 cold cereal options, oatmeal, yogurt, cut up melon and granny smith apples. My kids and husband loved it. I am on Weight Watchers and would have appreciated more fruit and fewer sugary cereals. I asked if there were bananas. Nope just apples. No blueberries, either. Sunday breakfast was by far the busiest and the worst. They seemed understaffed that morning, so I did feel bad. But the tables were dirty. No waffles, which I can understand because with as many people as there were, the line would have taken forever. But instead of having biscuits and gravy on Sunday, how about French toast or pancakes? It seemed that without the waffles (or something similar), many people went for the cold cereal. So there weren't enough bowls (all the plates and silverware that morning was disposable except for the bowls). And short staffed, they couldn't keep up with the demand. When bowls did appear fresh from the dishwasher, they were burning hot. Not so great for cold cereal, yogurt or fruit.

I did use a treadmill in the fitness center while I was there. Very nice equipment. And I really appreciated the ice cold water available. But the equipment was a little dirty. My suggestion is to have a container of disinfecting wipes (like many gyms) so that we can wipe down the equipment we use before and after our workouts.

The hotel location was good. Most restaurants are a quick 10-minute drive away. The Zoo and Aquarium are about 20 to 30 minutes. Not much airport traffic - I think I only heard 1 plane the whole trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! You are exactly right in saying we have the prime location; ten minutes to the local mall and restaurants, twenty minutes to downtown, and right next to the airport! I am sorry that you experienced a busy Sunday morning during your stay. Being so close to the airport does present the possibility of unexpected spikes in occupancy due to flight cancellations/delays, and from time to time we end up with more guests than we had anticipated! We have since increased our daily staff for the breakfast hours in order to avoid a similar dilemma, as well as bought 200 new breakfast bowls. I am glad that you enjoyed the selections we have on our breakfast buffet, we try to provide a wide variety including some healthy options. Thank you for your nice comments about our fitness center, we are proud to say that we recently replaced all of the equipment with top-of-the-line cardio machines as well as a set of free weights. Thanks to your feedback, we are now also keeping it freshly stocked with Clorox disinfecting wipes! We hope that on your next trip to the area you'll stay with us here again, we'll make sure to have plenty of bananas and blueberries!

Douglasville, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent a couple of nights at this hotel this past Memorial Day weekend. It is located very close to the airport, but noise was never a problem. The studio room we stayed in was more than adaquate for my wife and myself. There is a small pool and hot tub, as well as a small exercise center on property.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was more than adaquate and a nice bonus. There are also several restaurants within a ten minute drive. We had prepaid our room so check in and check out was very fast. I would not hestitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are plenty big enough for two people.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James D
lisaedwardscvg, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us over the weekend and for the nice feedback! We love to hear your comments and are happy that you had a nice visit. The suites are a nice surprise to some of our travelers and our staff works hard at making you feel welcome and at home. We hope to have you back again soon!

Michael Blanton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel

Been to Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!