All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfront deskbasketball courtstove topsausagesnacks and drinksmarriott hotelsliving arearooms are largeyogurtfree breakfastsofa bednext morningoutdoor poola great place to stayfree shuttle
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We got a very good rate here but I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the rooms are a little"tired" and the noise level a little loud (kids running up and down the hall at 10:30 PM.) Also, there was an odor of cigarette smoke in the room which was quite unpleasant. The stairs are killers but our choice was to walk up three flights of stairs lugging all our stuff or walk what felt like 3 miles to get to the elevator. With all the other choices we probably won't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we hold our guest's opinions in high regards as we are always looking for ways to improve each guest's stay. I am terribly sorry you experienced a "smoky" smell in your room; we are a 100% smoke-free facility and I can assure you this experience is not typical for us. We do realize that there are aspects of our property that some people may consider "tired", but we are currently in the process of addressing that issue. We have recently increased our internet speed, re-finished the parking lot, and remodeled the pool, hot-tub, and fitness center. We are making progress, and have seen positive results thus far! We hope that on your next trip to the area you will would be willing to consider staying with us again, we promise not to disappoint!

Jon Kinder
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family recently had a 4 night stay here. We had a 1 bedroom suite: we appreciate being able to put our 2 young kids down for a nap or to bed at night while still being able to close a door and watch tv, read or plan the next day. The room itself was a good size and clean. Our only problem with the room was how loud everything was! The dishwasher, the bathroom fan (which always comes on with the light), the toilet flushes, and the a/c. And, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much sound proofing in the floors. My kids aren't loud, bounce-off-the-walls, jump-on-the-furniture types. But at 19-months and 4 years, they don't quite understand how to tiptoe or why they should. My sincerest apologies to the guest in the room below who felt the need to pound on the ceiling every time any of us walked across the room.

Hot breakfast was included. There were do-it-yourself waffles, 4 rotating hot food items (French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy), 4 cold cereal options, oatmeal, yogurt, cut up melon and granny smith apples. My kids and husband loved it. I am on Weight Watchers and would have appreciated more fruit and fewer sugary cereals. I asked if there were bananas. Nope just apples. No blueberries, either. Sunday breakfast was by far the busiest and the worst. They seemed understaffed that morning, so I did feel bad. But the tables were dirty. No waffles, which I can understand because with as many people as there were, the line would have taken forever. But instead of having biscuits and gravy on Sunday, how about French toast or pancakes? It seemed that without the waffles (or something similar), many people went for the cold cereal. So there weren't enough bowls (all the plates and silverware that morning was disposable except for the bowls). And short staffed, they couldn't keep up with the demand. When bowls did appear fresh from the dishwasher, they were burning hot. Not so great for cold cereal, yogurt or fruit.

I did use a treadmill in the fitness center while I was there. Very nice equipment. And I really appreciated the ice cold water available. But the equipment was a little dirty. My suggestion is to have a container of disinfecting wipes (like many gyms) so that we can wipe down the equipment we use before and after our workouts.

The hotel location was good. Most restaurants are a quick 10-minute drive away. The Zoo and Aquarium are about 20 to 30 minutes. Not much airport traffic - I think I only heard 1 plane the whole trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! You are exactly right in saying we have the prime location; ten minutes to the local mall and restaurants, twenty minutes to downtown, and right next to the airport! I am sorry that you experienced a busy Sunday morning during your stay. Being so close to the airport does present the possibility of unexpected spikes in occupancy due to flight cancellations/delays, and from time to time we end up with more guests than we had anticipated! We have since increased our daily staff for the breakfast hours in order to avoid a similar dilemma, as well as bought 200 new breakfast bowls. I am glad that you enjoyed the selections we have on our breakfast buffet, we try to provide a wide variety including some healthy options. Thank you for your nice comments about our fitness center, we are proud to say that we recently replaced all of the equipment with top-of-the-line cardio machines as well as a set of free weights. Thanks to your feedback, we are now also keeping it freshly stocked with Clorox disinfecting wipes! We hope that on your next trip to the area you'll stay with us here again, we'll make sure to have plenty of bananas and blueberries!

Jon Kinder
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent a couple of nights at this hotel this past Memorial Day weekend. It is located very close to the airport, but noise was never a problem. The studio room we stayed in was more than adaquate for my wife and myself. There is a small pool and hot tub, as well as a small exercise center on property.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was more than adaquate and a nice bonus. There are also several restaurants within a ten minute drive. We had prepaid our room so check in and check out was very fast. I would not hestitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are plenty big enough for two people.
1  Thank James D
lisaedwardscvg, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us over the weekend and for the nice feedback! We love to hear your comments and are happy that you had a nice visit. The suites are a nice surprise to some of our travelers and our staff works hard at making you feel welcome and at home. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I were having floors redone and we stayed here for 3 days...AMAZING! Breakfast ladies brought treats to my kids and made me a special treat just because I mentioned I loved blueberries, it was huge and free. The rooms could use some updating (older looking style) but were VERY CLEAN and had more than what we needed..pots, pans, dishes, full size appliances. The evening we were able to join their free reception adn my husband had a beer, I had a wine spritzer adn the kids got sprite while they fed us all burgers, beans, adn salad also all for free. We sat poolside and then later on used their firepit to relax by because the kids didnt want to leave the tennis court. AMAZING! Staff was wonderful especially Susan, Karen, Patsy, Anna and Stu, pool guy?

Room Tip: The two bedrooms are wonderful and have two seperate bedrooms and bathrooms with their ow tv plus a sofabed in the living room- very comfortable for a family of 6.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Well that made all of us at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport smile! We will pass on the great feedback to the staff and are so happy you loved your stay. If you ever need to just get away please remember us for a stacation, we will make sure we have blueberries!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this property each of the past 4 years during Memorial Day weekend. There have been no upgrades or changes to the property we have noticed. The hotel is typically full during this weekend and it was again this year. Nothing wrong with the property but suites seem a little tired. No suites with 2 Beds (other than 2 BR suite). The sofa is a sleeper sofa but honestly who has ever been able to "sleep" on one of these torture beds? Our room this time was next to an entrance/exit which we found to be the "smoke hole" for a large group late at night. It sounded like they were in our room. So hope you don't get this room. Overall not a bad hotel as staff seems friendly enough...but the location and noise in this suite made the trip less than stellar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback adn for repeatedly staying with us over the years. We are so sorry this year we fell short and made your stay less than ideal. We have made some improvements to the suites like bedding, TV's, internet speed however understand that we have some room for improvement and we are currently working towards that. We also are a non-smoking hotel and are so sorry that you were impacted by another guest. We should have caught it and will promise to do better! We hope you give us a try again and hopefully you will have a stellar stay!