All reviews two bedroom suite full kitchen front desk basketball court stove top sausage snacks and drinks marriott hotels living area rooms are large yogurt free breakfast sofa bed next morning outdoor pool a great place to stay free shuttle
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family recently had a 4 night stay here. We had a 1 bedroom suite: we appreciate being able to put our 2 young kids down for a nap or to bed at night while still being able to close a door and watch tv, read or plan the next day. The room itself was a good size and clean. Our only problem with the room was how loud everything was! The dishwasher, the bathroom fan (which always comes on with the light), the toilet flushes, and the a/c. And, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much sound proofing in the floors. My kids aren't loud, bounce-off-the-walls, jump-on-the-furniture types. But at 19-months and 4 years, they don't quite understand how to tiptoe or why they should. My sincerest apologies to the guest in the room below who felt the need to pound on the ceiling every time any of us walked across the room.

Hot breakfast was included. There were do-it-yourself waffles, 4 rotating hot food items (French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy), 4 cold cereal options, oatmeal, yogurt, cut up melon and granny smith apples. My kids and husband loved it. I am on Weight Watchers and would have appreciated more fruit and fewer sugary cereals. I asked if there were bananas. Nope just apples. No blueberries, either. Sunday breakfast was by far the busiest and the worst. They seemed understaffed that morning, so I did feel bad. But the tables were dirty. No waffles, which I can understand because with as many people as there were, the line would have taken forever. But instead of having biscuits and gravy on Sunday, how about French toast or pancakes? It seemed that without the waffles (or something similar), many people went for the cold cereal. So there weren't enough bowls (all the plates and silverware that morning was disposable except for the bowls). And short staffed, they couldn't keep up with the demand. When bowls did appear fresh from the dishwasher, they were burning hot. Not so great for cold cereal, yogurt or fruit.

I did use a treadmill in the fitness center while I was there. Very nice equipment. And I really appreciated the ice cold water available. But the equipment was a little dirty. My suggestion is to have a container of disinfecting wipes (like many gyms) so that we can wipe down the equipment we use before and after our workouts.

The hotel location was good. Most restaurants are a quick 10-minute drive away. The Zoo and Aquarium are about 20 to 30 minutes. Not much airport traffic - I think I only heard 1 plane the whole trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jon_Kinder, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you so much for providing us with your valuable feedback, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! You are exactly right in saying we have the prime location; ten minutes to the local mall and restaurants, twenty minutes to downtown, and right next to the airport! I am sorry that you experienced a busy Sunday morning during your stay. Being so close to the airport does present the possibility of unexpected spikes in occupancy due to flight cancellations/delays, and from time to time we end up with more guests than we had anticipated! We have since increased our daily staff for the breakfast hours in order to avoid a similar dilemma, as well as bought 200 new breakfast bowls. I am glad that you enjoyed the selections we have on our breakfast buffet, we try to provide a wide variety including some healthy options. Thank you for your nice comments about our fitness center, we are proud to say that we recently replaced all of the equipment with top-of-the-line cardio machines as well as a set of free weights. Thanks to your feedback, we are now also keeping it freshly stocked with Clorox disinfecting wipes! We hope that on your next trip to the area you'll stay with us here again, we'll make sure to have plenty of bananas and blueberries!

Jon Kinder
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent a couple of nights at this hotel this past Memorial Day weekend. It is located very close to the airport, but noise was never a problem. The studio room we stayed in was more than adaquate for my wife and myself. There is a small pool and hot tub, as well as a small exercise center on property.

Breakfast was included in the rate and was more than adaquate and a nice bonus. There are also several restaurants within a ten minute drive. We had prepaid our room so check in and check out was very fast. I would not hestitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are plenty big enough for two people.
1  Thank James D
lisaedwardscvg, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us over the weekend and for the nice feedback! We love to hear your comments and are happy that you had a nice visit. The suites are a nice surprise to some of our travelers and our staff works hard at making you feel welcome and at home. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I were having floors redone and we stayed here for 3 days...AMAZING! Breakfast ladies brought treats to my kids and made me a special treat just because I mentioned I loved blueberries, it was huge and free. The rooms could use some updating (older looking style) but were VERY CLEAN and had more than what we needed..pots, pans, dishes, full size appliances. The evening we were able to join their free reception adn my husband had a beer, I had a wine spritzer adn the kids got sprite while they fed us all burgers, beans, adn salad also all for free. We sat poolside and then later on used their firepit to relax by because the kids didnt want to leave the tennis court. AMAZING! Staff was wonderful especially Susan, Karen, Patsy, Anna and Stu, pool guy?

Room Tip: The two bedrooms are wonderful and have two seperate bedrooms and bathrooms with their ow tv plus a sofabed in the living room- very comfortable for a family of 6.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Well that made all of us at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport smile! We will pass on the great feedback to the staff and are so happy you loved your stay. If you ever need to just get away please remember us for a stacation, we will make sure we have blueberries!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this property each of the past 4 years during Memorial Day weekend. There have been no upgrades or changes to the property we have noticed. The hotel is typically full during this weekend and it was again this year. Nothing wrong with the property but suites seem a little tired. No suites with 2 Beds (other than 2 BR suite). The sofa is a sleeper sofa but honestly who has ever been able to "sleep" on one of these torture beds? Our room this time was next to an entrance/exit which we found to be the "smoke hole" for a large group late at night. It sounded like they were in our room. So hope you don't get this room. Overall not a bad hotel as staff seems friendly enough...but the location and noise in this suite made the trip less than stellar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback adn for repeatedly staying with us over the years. We are so sorry this year we fell short and made your stay less than ideal. We have made some improvements to the suites like bedding, TV's, internet speed however understand that we have some room for improvement and we are currently working towards that. We also are a non-smoking hotel and are so sorry that you were impacted by another guest. We should have caught it and will promise to do better! We hope you give us a try again and hopefully you will have a stellar stay!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel was obviously built as a TownPlace Suites, with all the inferiority that that implies. The "kitchen" has a 2 burner cook top and no oven. The clientele are thoughtless, lower class individuals and families who don't care whether anyone else needs rest while they shout up and down the halls, let their kids jump from the beds and sofa onto the floors as loudly as possible. The plumbing squeals loudly every time a toilet is flushed or faucet turned on. There are a huge number of rooms but only enough tables for about 20 groups of people at the "free" breakfast buffet. This is the worst hotel stay I've had in 50 years. I'll be avoiding this hotel at all costs in the future. I suggest that management invoke a policy that any family with children MUST stay on the ground floor. That would help immensely.

Room Tip: If you must stay here and want any rest at all ask for a top floor room,.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken S
lisaedwardscvg, General Manager at Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you taking the time to offer us your feedback after staying with us, we do try to use all guest feedback and comments to further improve our hotel. Our hotel was built as a newer type Residence Inn, called a generation 6, and was purpose built for apartment like living with the benefits of a Marriott hotel. We do offer ovens in some of the rooms but you are correct not all. We value all of our guests and many do live here for extended periods due to relocations, temporary assignments, home disasters like fire. I am sorry you didn't get rest and I hope that if you notified our staff they certainly would have helped handle the noise complaints because they want everyone to be comfortable. We do appreciate the feedback on the seating at breakfast, when the room is not rented we open the adjacent conference room with seating for up to an additional 50 for overflow plus seating outside weather permitting. Our breakfast is very popular because we offer so many items like home-made waffles, bacon, burritos, parfaits, hot and cold cereals and fresh pastries. I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience but this hotel does cater to couples, families, individuals, business travelers and leisure guests. Each guest can choose their room preferences and we can not invoke a policy otherwise but if you would consider staying again we could guarantee you a suite with an oven on the top floor, we also can recommend our Courtyard next door. Thanks again for your feedback!