“ageless comfort food”

Colonial Cottage
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Erlanger
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, United States
“ageless comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have to say that Colonial Cottage is one of my favorite places for breakfast. The restaurant is clean. The wait staff is extremely accomodating and friendly. The food is just plain good. Nothing fancy for the breakfast menu but a wide selection and GOETTA! Their goetta is prepared as it should be and is a regional food that is sometimes under rated.
Have not gone for lunch or dinner but the buzz is that is you are looking for good old fashioned home cooking this is the place.

Visited October 2013

Haubstadt
“Took a chance and it really paid off”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent the night in Florence and was looking for some breakfast Saturday before heading out for a ball game. Bob Evans was an absolute mad house so we went with plan B. I found it while surfing that morning and wrote it down as a backup. So glad I did because it was only minutes away and the food and service was top notch. Wife and I tried the breakfast casseroles and our teenage son got "Grandpa's Breakfast." It filled him up and that's saying something. The coffee was excellent too.

We only visited for breakfast but I would venture to guess that lunch and dinner is awesome as well.

Highly recommend over any local chain restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank klf65
“Great home cookin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The food and atmosphere was top notch. Nothing will ever top Momma's biscuits and gravy but this place is delicious! Can't wait to return.

• Visited October 2012
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
1,156 restaurant reviews
“Comfortable Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place has been serving up meals for a very long time and they have worked the kinks out. The decor may be overdue for an update but it feels very comfortable here. I enjoyed a big breakfast here this morning. The lunch and dinner menu looks good. Service is adequate & prices are good.

• Visited September 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“A step back in time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

When you walk into Colonial Cottage, you will feel like you've stepped back in time to a much simpler time. The decor and menu are virtually unchanged from probably the '50s, though it did open in the '30s. The ladies who greet you at the door are undoubtedly someone's granny, and are about the friendliest people you'll meet! They even told me the secret to the pancakes. Our waitress was a young gal, but she clearly embraced the friendly philosophy that keeps them in business.
We went for breakfast, and got what we came for: a classic American breakfast. Eggs, breakfast meats, home fries and pancakes. The waitress suggested I try the goetta, since I asked what it was, and the couple of locals in the booth next to us chimed in and explained ways I could try it. (It's a pork and oatmeal patty that can replace bacon or sausage as a side). I went for it, and thought it was really quite good. My eggs were cooked to perfection, and the home fries were ok, but could have been cooked a bit longer. With my meal, I got two "silver dollar" pancakes, but they're more the size of saucers. They were extremely sweet and dense. It was almost like eating a cupcake. (The secret is vanilla). Hubby got a similar but bigger meal (the grandpa ) , so his pancakes were the size dinner plates. The coffee was delicious, which is such a big deal to me. I hate really strong coffee, but i like rich flavor. I think Starbucks is too strong, so I hope that helps you understand my coffee description scale.
The reason you go to this place is friendly service and dependable food. You don't go for n upscale decor or romance. I suggest you try to avoid sitting by the door to the kitchen, since it is not a charming view. (The place could stand to be freshened up all over!)

• Visited July 2013