“OK stay”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
College Station, Texas
“OK stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Parking was a problem right at the beginning. This hotel allows people to park here while they fly out on business. Parking lot was full so we parked in lot of business next door as this seemed to be what people were doing. Would have been nice if hotel staff let us know where we could park at check in. Other than that, we had a nice room. Everything looked clean and smelled fresh. The AC was not the best and seemed to have difficulty cooling off the room. It was off when we came in, and it took a while to cool off but did get to a comfy temp before we went to sleep. Windows were broken and could not be locked (we were 3 floors up so not worried about break in) so it let some street noise in. But despite this, we had a quiet night and good sleep in comfy beds. Standard hotel breakfast. Very good location for getting to and from CVG airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have used this hotel for about 1-1/2 year due to consistent traveling to KY.
I have total satisfaction with their hospitality of the crew, no issues with my bill and always had a clean rooms.
I recommend anyone traveling to Cincinnati airport try this hotel for your future trips.

Room Tip: I have been on all the floors and they are all good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Vinton, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2014

we made reservations for 3 smoking QQ beds and a single when we arrived the front desk manger was not happy at all and would not fix our rooms she said they were out so we got stuck in non smoking rooms and no one was happy we was also told they couldn't keep us till day needed and was told there was a note for no one to extend the stay for us but later that day when a new desk attended came in she asked why were in non smoking when everyone smokes I told her what the manger said and she took less then 5 mins to get us in smoking rooms with no problems and extended to the day we needed every time I stay now I will be asking for that girl she made me and my crew very happy campers

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Vinton, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stay here a lot with my construction crew and usually everything is great the room is nice and free breakfast in the morning has some of the nicest new people they have hired I love staying there now there is a very good chance of being greeted by a smile every time one of us walks through the lobby we got a set rate because we stay so much but one lady that works for the hotel is so post to be the manager is someone you never want to deal with she can ruin your day

• Stayed July 2014
Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We booked this hotel for the park and fly service. After then reading the reviews, I was a bit concerned on what we would encounter. We had no problems whatsoever. Our reservation was correct, the room was okay and breakfast was the same as at other Quality Inns. We left our car there for two weeks and took advantage of the free shuttle to and from the airport. This hotel was fine for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Swanton, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked this room because I needed a halfway point to meet my daughter to pick up my grandkids after vacation. We rented a queen suite.

The Ugly - This hotel is probably the most mismanaged establishment I have ever stayed at. Half the rooms weren't ready at check-in time of 3 p.m. They expect one person to check in a lobby full of guests (whose rooms weren't ready) while answering phones to make additional reservations. This creates disgruntled staff that argue and are rude which leads to irate customers. The manager acted like it was a huge inconvenience to come to the desk to help out. There is a general air of dilapidation about the place - ripped screens, broken windows with plastic over them. The rooms are musty and damp.
The Bad - This hotel is owned by a firm in India. Half their staff don't speak English, so it was hard to communicate what you need. They also put an extra 15% on your bill, even though you have a confirmation for total cost with tax until you check out which will hang around on your bank statement for a few days.
The Good - On the bright side, they have an outdoor pool that was maintained properly. The breakfast was edible but didn't offer a lot of choices - again, one desk clerk cooking breakfast and running around checking customers in and out, getting things like towels and additional key cards. The dining area was clean. If you want a bottle of water with your breakfast, you have to get it out of the vending machine though. Our rooms were clean even though you could see they had been haphazardly updated, the beds were acceptable from the comfort standpoint and the sheets were clean. You do get free Internet, too.

For the money we paid, I expected more than what we got. Thankfully we only stayed one night.

Room Tip: Unfortunately I this area of Kentucky, I think this type of hotel is the norm. The rear of the hote...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chandra S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your check-in process and other experiences. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping and spoken to the front desk staff to implement changes for arrivals to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

However, our staff is 98% American. Only the AGM, one van driver and the laundry lady are Indian. Every one here speaks fluent English. And the firm who owns the hotel is based in Tennessee not India. The 15% for incidentals that an authorization is gotten for is done at most hotels not just ours. It is a common practice. When the final charge hits your account, the difference falls off. It is up to your bank when that is done.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Erlanger.

Kind Regards,

Charlene D. Jordan
Front Desk Manager
Quality Inn & Suites
859-746-0300
Mackville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hotel is only 3 star at best but the free shuttle to and from the airport is excellent. We got the park and fly rate and it is a very good deal compared to what airport parking costs. The shuttle operates 24 hrs and is very speedy. We had a good nights sleep and the accommodations are adequate. The hotel needs an update and the front desk is not too excited too see you. However, I would recommend this hotel if you are flying out the next morning. The staff doesn't have to be friendly for you to enjoy a good nights sleep before you fly off to somewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!