“General Areas Dirty but Room was "sleep~able"”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We choose the Quality Inn because it was about 20.00 cheaper per night than surrounding properties. They are trying to make improvements which should be public knowledge prior to the stay. Parking lot repaved, pool repainting but inside needs attention. Felt a little like a construction zone instead of a hotel.

Spend the extra bucks and stay at the Holiday Inn Conference Center next door. I have seen cleaner public surfaces in a parking garage. The elevator was filthy and the smell of smoke met you at the door. The hotel had stained carpet, torn wallpaper and in desperate need of a steam cleaning.

However, the room was not as bad as the general areas. The room including bathroom was clean, linens crisp but the pillows extremely small. There were several pillows but very short bunched up blob of polyester. Two of the lamps in the room made me nervous to turn on due to loose cording and shades unstable. The bathroom consists of a shower with a broken hand hold, inconsistent water pressure/temp and a toilet. The single sink is in the open room. Microwave and refrigerator was in the room but made noise so we unplugged them.

To say the least I was not pleased with my choice and would have loved to step right next door and spend a comfortable night in a much nicer property. I stay in hotels about half of my year and will not return to this property. I hope they continue to make improvements and become a competitive property next to the Cincinnati Airport.

Room Tip: None- Go to the Holiday Inn Conference Center Next Door
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Check in was quick, staff was good and the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, after a 30 hour flight I could have slept on the floor and it would have been ok. But the bed was good. They are trying to make improvements, they were repaving the parking area and repainting the pool bottom and sides...but if you need something close to the airport and a good bed, it is worth giving it a try. The breakfast was good also, I have no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Vincent,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Upon arrival I witnessed the GM berating her desk clerk and later doing the same with the driver. If she has a problem with her staff, she needs to learn to take them in private and discuss the matter behind closed doors. It is very unprofessional and unseemly.

Other than that, the staff is very friendly, the rooms were clean, the breakfast is what you expect on a continental breakfast. Good price for an Airport hotel. I will go back.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Very close to the airport which is what I needed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your perception of my handling of my employees during your recent visit. I have taken your suggestion under advisement to ensure I handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Erlanger.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife stayed one night in advance of an early flight from CVG Int'l Airport, taking advantage of the 14 days free parking (Park-N-Fly). After check-in @8:30 PM, we entered the room, and it had not been cleaned from the previous occupant; a different front desk person (Donte) immediately apologized, and changed our room. He also took the initiative to come to the room personally to make sure we were satisfied. An item of clothing (sweat pants) from a previous occupant was under a chair, but we were too tired to change rooms again. Road noise from the adjacent expressway made sleep an arduous task, but, admittedly, the bed and pillows were comfortable.
Breakfast is served earlier than at other nearby motels, enabling us to eat before our flight, and the free shuttle is available at any time (another advantage over some other nearby facilities). This expressway exit lacks eateries (the Rally's is very greasy. and the Holiday Inn received bad reviews), so eat at an alternate area before arriving. Overall, it suited our needs, but we're unlikely to return.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you sign in.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Tom,

I sincerely appologize for the the inconvenience you had to go through checking into the hotel that night. We are currently making changes to our housekeeping staff and trying to train everyone in the proper way to clean and set a room and excellent customer service. Unfortunately we failed with you. I'm glad the front desk staff is stepping up and improving customer service and will let Donte know to keep up the good work. There are areas we need to improve in and will take all your comments to heart. Please allow me to extend to you a 15% discount on your next stay if you would consider giving us another try in the future.

Again, thank you for letting me know what happened, and we look forward to hopefully serving you in the future.

AGM

Reviewed May 15, 2014

It was downhill from the moment I checked in. Check in time is 3:00 and I arrived at 3:30. I had not eaten all day and was looking forward to a hot shower so I could go find dinner somewhere. I was told my room was not ready and asked to wait about 10 minutes. When I said that was unacceptable I was offered another room. It was a Queen room instead of the King room that I had reserved but I took it anyway.

When I entered the room I was hit with the overwhelming smell of what seemed to be a powder scented Lysol. I'm assuming this is how they "clean" the rooms because the room was far from clean. The desk had grease marks and sticky spots where it looked like the person before me had eaten their dinner. I was so exhausted I did not let that or the prints all over the mirrors bother me. The room they put me in was a handicap room and had a walk in shower. The water pressure was awful and the water kept switching between hot and cold. After exiting the shower I found that the water found it's way out of the shower and was pooled by the toilet instead of going down the drain. To top it all off they had neglected to leave me any hand towels. There were no tissues and the only roll of toilet paper in the room was the one on the wall.

I don't usually write reviews but what happened next really got to me. At around 11:30 pm I was awoken by loud talking and laughter in the room next door. I waited a few minutes thinking they would settle down, nope. I then turned on the A/C to try and drown out the noise. That did not work and I was still awake an hour later so I called the front desk. The guy said he would come right down and handle it. I got a knock on my door about a minute later. It was the desk clerk telling me there was nothing he could do because there was no loud music or arguing. I told him they were talking and laughing so loudly it sounded as if they were in my room. It certainly sounded as if they were having a party, the only thing missing was the music. He basically laughed in my face and asked me if I wanted him to call the cops. I told him no but he should ask them to quiet down as it was the middle of the night. He said that his supervisor told him there is nothing he can do, they already paid and are staying for 5 nights so basically too bad. I said that I've paid my money too and I don't care how long they are staying they should respect the fact that other people are trying to sleep. Once again I got laughed at and told there were no other rooms available and that I had to deal with it. I finally got to sleep when they quieted down around 2 am.

Upon checking out I asked for the manager who I was told was not available. I told the morning desk clerk what had happened. She apologized for the actions of the night clerk and took my phone number. Of course I did not receive a call from the manager. I have never stayed at a place that valued its customers based on length of stay. Yeah sure go ahead and disrupt other customers because you are staying for 5 nights and they are only staying for 1.........ARE YOU KIDDING?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely appologize for all your problems during your stay. I have gone over your comments with the staff to endeavor to improve our customer service and the quality of the rooms. I wish you had come to me with the situation so that I could have corrected it for you.

I would like to extend to you a 15% discount on your next stay if you would please give us another chance. We hope to see you in the future. Than you.

AGM

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel was very close to the airport, and majour roads. Traffic noise, but not an issue when the windows are closed. Only one lift (elevator) for the building, but that cannot be changed. We never had a problem with getting the lift.

However, everyday there was a problem with housekeeping. At the first room cleaning, the bed was not made, the second time we had no face towels, and the last day, no bathmat or wash clothes. We purposely left a piece of foil on the bathroom floor and a white string near the sink. The carpets were apparently never swept, not the floor mopped. We noted small pieces of paper in the halls, which was never vacuumed in the days that we were there. Toilet rolls were never replaced.

We did get a good price over others in the area. Breakfast was adequate, just beware of the eggs, which appear to be powdered. We were unable to print out boarding passes, due to lack of printer ink. However, the evening clerk was willing to print them from his computer.

Appears to be a shortage of housekeepers. They were still working at 6 pm one evening, and one admitted that someone had called out. The general manager was seen on location several times, but she may not be aware of these problems.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the Housekeeping issues you had on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the Housekeeping Department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nothing wrong with this Quality Inn. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. Staff is friendly. Room was clean and in good shape and everything was functioning as it should. Sheets and linens were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast bar was well stocked and included hot items including eggs, sausage, waffles as well as cereal and pastries. Would not hesitate to stay again when passing through.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R-M M
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

859-746-0300

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport
#19 of 28 in Florence
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!