“Try the Park and Fly Service”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Fairborn, Ohio
“Try the Park and Fly Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near the greater Cincinnati Airport. It is older and our room was clean. No microwave or frig. The king bed was comfortable. The included breakfast was below average. There were hard boiled eggs and warm sausage gravy with hard biscuits. We didn’t try the waffles. The front desk clerk was also taking care of the breakfast area and several tables did need a wipe off. We did take advantage of their Park & Fly program. By staying one night for $99 (including tax), we could park in their lot for up to two weeks and get shuttle service to and from the airport. I understand that one may park in lot for $4 / night without a stay. The shuttle van did get us to the airport and back but I'd suggest starting to look for a newer one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to voice you comments and concerns. We have taken note and are making appropriate changes. We have already started making changes to the breakfast menu and are implementing them now. We apologize that not all our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators but the hotel is upgrading and soon all the rooms will be equipped with them. We know the shuttle is an older model and we are in the process of purchasing a new vehicle for the property. We have forwarded all your concerns to the appropriate departments and everyone is making the changes as necessary. We hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a better experience. Again, thank you for your comments and concerns.

Chandra Shah
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Best value in the area (I checked). The hotel has a shuttle to the airport as well. Breakfast is included. The receptionist, Charlene, was particularly nice! Thank you Charlene! Happy New Year, Rod Funk

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chandra S, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Funk,

We appreciate your kind words and comments. We will let our staff member know what you had to say and thank her for taking good care of our guests. We hope in the future you will stay with us again.

Chardra Shah
AGM
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had a rushed trip and Amber went out of her way to ensure I had the fastest directions to where I was going for food and local spots as to not waste my time. The room was very clean and well stocked. The next morning it had snowed and Debbie was right there with great directions to avoid the traffic and get me to my destination on time. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chandra S, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Rick:

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding you recent stay at our hotel. Your feed back is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Your kind words and compliments lets me know my staff is going out of their way to make everyone feel special during their stay. I'm glad to know my staff is going the extra mile. We hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again.

Chandra Shah
Assit General Manager
Verailles, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I checked in and that was the end of the hospitable hotel experience. When I went out to my vehicle to get my bags, a man with a strong east Indian accent started shouting at me and accusing me of hitting his car. I later found out that his name was Gary. I did NOT hit his car. As a matter of fact, NO ONE had hit his car. There wasn't a scratch on it. Gary got out of control--verbally abusive. Anyway I thought he was just some crazy guy, so I went back to the reception desk to report him. Imagine my surprise when the receptionist said, "Oh, that's just Gary. He works here." The receptionist went back outside with me to try to calm Gary down. For some reason, Gary didn't want me to park where my vehicle was (in the guest parking lot). So, another employee asked me to move my vehicle. It was the typical approach of trying to appease the crazy guy. He directed me to a parking space that had overhanging, untrimmed tree branches that scratched the hood of my vehicle. I told the receptionist that I wanted to speak to the manager, Raj Patel. Mr. Patel was not at the hotel, but she promised she would have him call me. He never did. I complained to Choice Hotels and they did NOTHING!! Basically, they blamed me, the victim. I was appalled by the whole experience and I'll NEVER stay in another Choice Hotel. The managers of the individual Choice Hotels have no incentive to give good customer service if Choice Hotels does nothing about the complaints they receive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet C
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 12 times in the last eight months. Overall, I'd would rate this hotel as an excellent value. My rooms have always been clean; there is coffee for the coffee pot; and the plumbing works properly. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful and courteous, and go out of their way to ensure that I am welcome and comfortable.

There really are no restaurants close to the hotel. This is not an issue with the hotel - just stating a fact that you have to travel about four miles to find several good places to eat.

Negatives are that the breakfast could be better if it had sausage and eggs versus the current offering of biscuits and gravy. Waffles, cereal, danish, bagels, etc. are available. They did raise the price of the guest laundry machines, but I was told that they are provided by an outside vendor who sets the prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Huntington, IN
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Usually, I investigate hotels before we stay, but this stop wasn't planned. We stayed Nov 30, 2013. We have stayed at a lot of choice hotels chains and are usually pleased. This one was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The front desk girl was very nice and gave us a good rate, but we feel like we still paid too much. We got one of the bigger suites. The room was big and decently cleaned. Our first problems starts with the bathroom sink plug would not unplug. Then we see a roach crawling past our doorway in the hall. Then the toilet decides it wants to clog. We got in late so we didn't want someone working on our toilet, so they let us have a room key to a dirty room down the hall to use it's toilet. Breakfast had biscuits and gravy, but we had to wait for biscuits because the breakfast attendant was also the shuttle driver!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at this location at least 3 times a month for business, It's a great place to stay, The entrie staff is very helpful and friendly...The rooms are clean and the rates are reasonable....Amanda and Amber has always found a room for me even if I don't have a reservation and always go above and beyond to make sure I'm comfortable. I will continue to stay at this location whenever I'm in the area

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chandra S, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the Time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback ! I have shared your comments with my staff. and they join me in Thanking your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glade you enjoyed your stay,

we are looking forward to providing you same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Thanks once Again,
Chandra shah,
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
#19 of 28 in Florence
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!