“Beware of the staff!!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Verailles, United States
“Beware of the staff!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I checked in and that was the end of the hospitable hotel experience. When I went out to my vehicle to get my bags, a man with a strong east Indian accent started shouting at me and accusing me of hitting his car. I later found out that his name was Gary. I did NOT hit his car. As a matter of fact, NO ONE had hit his car. There wasn't a scratch on it. Gary got out of control--verbally abusive. Anyway I thought he was just some crazy guy, so I went back to the reception desk to report him. Imagine my surprise when the receptionist said, "Oh, that's just Gary. He works here." The receptionist went back outside with me to try to calm Gary down. For some reason, Gary didn't want me to park where my vehicle was (in the guest parking lot). So, another employee asked me to move my vehicle. It was the typical approach of trying to appease the crazy guy. He directed me to a parking space that had overhanging, untrimmed tree branches that scratched the hood of my vehicle. I told the receptionist that I wanted to speak to the manager, Raj Patel. Mr. Patel was not at the hotel, but she promised she would have him call me. He never did. I complained to Choice Hotels and they did NOTHING!! Basically, they blamed me, the victim. I was appalled by the whole experience and I'll NEVER stay in another Choice Hotel. The managers of the individual Choice Hotels have no incentive to give good customer service if Choice Hotels does nothing about the complaints they receive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 12 times in the last eight months. Overall, I'd would rate this hotel as an excellent value. My rooms have always been clean; there is coffee for the coffee pot; and the plumbing works properly. The ladies at the front desk are very helpful and courteous, and go out of their way to ensure that I am welcome and comfortable.

There really are no restaurants close to the hotel. This is not an issue with the hotel - just stating a fact that you have to travel about four miles to find several good places to eat.

Negatives are that the breakfast could be better if it had sausage and eggs versus the current offering of biscuits and gravy. Waffles, cereal, danish, bagels, etc. are available. They did raise the price of the guest laundry machines, but I was told that they are provided by an outside vendor who sets the prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Huntington, IN
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Usually, I investigate hotels before we stay, but this stop wasn't planned. We stayed Nov 30, 2013. We have stayed at a lot of choice hotels chains and are usually pleased. This one was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The front desk girl was very nice and gave us a good rate, but we feel like we still paid too much. We got one of the bigger suites. The room was big and decently cleaned. Our first problems starts with the bathroom sink plug would not unplug. Then we see a roach crawling past our doorway in the hall. Then the toilet decides it wants to clog. We got in late so we didn't want someone working on our toilet, so they let us have a room key to a dirty room down the hall to use it's toilet. Breakfast had biscuits and gravy, but we had to wait for biscuits because the breakfast attendant was also the shuttle driver!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Erlanger hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stay at this location at least 3 times a month for business, It's a great place to stay, The entrie staff is very helpful and friendly...The rooms are clean and the rates are reasonable....Amanda and Amber has always found a room for me even if I don't have a reservation and always go above and beyond to make sure I'm comfortable. I will continue to stay at this location whenever I'm in the area

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chandra S, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the Time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback ! I have shared your comments with my staff. and they join me in Thanking your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glade you enjoyed your stay,

we are looking forward to providing you same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Thanks once Again,
Chandra shah,
Assistant General Manager
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed October 21, 2013

my stay here was delightful the room was very clean and the workers were so nice and ready to help me with anything they could. they also have a good free breakfast bar with biscuits and gravy, cereal ,and waffles.The hotel is also in a great location its only 10 to 15 min from everything. They also have a van that takes and picks people up from the airport free

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
General M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I just wanted to take a few minutes and thank you for writing a response about our stay here at Quality Inn (Erlanger, KY). We appreciate the positive feedback and hope that you will return to stay with us each and every time your on our side of town. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thaat everything was very plesant for you. Again thanks for taking time to give us your valued feedback. Have a wonderful day!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2013

When trying to check in, I was left waiting for over two hours because they lost all the reservations in their system. I was then given a key to a room that was already occupied. I told them I'd change out the sheets myself just to get into a room. The manager told me he'd discount the room. He didn't, nor did he return any calls after I complain. Not what I expect as a diamond member of this franchise (which has always treated me well). Won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I think that you may have chosen the wrong location for your stay. I could not access your information in our system here at Quality Inn and Suites (1805 Airport Exchange Blvd Erlanger, KY 41018). I would like to take the time to apologize on behalf of Quality Inn (if this location is where you stayed) for your not so plesant experience. If your ever in the area again please give us the opportunity to try and make this up to you. And again I'm terribly sorry for your bad experience.
Eastover, South Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here recently when we did a show in Covington, KY. It was a great place to stay. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. If we're ever in the area we'll stay there again. You'll want to give it a try. Reasonable rates and very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RaajP, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We really appreciate your ongoing business with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
#18 of 28 in Florence
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!