“Good price, but needs some updating”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on July 28, 2013. We found the desk clerk to be friendly, and the room was generally ok as far as cleanliness is concerned. The bed was comfortable. We were given a small suite which consisted of a couch and TV in the front room and a normal bedroom. The carpet needs replacing. It was worn and stained. The hallways definitely need work. They appeared shabby. The price was reasonable and the location good. We would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

On behalf of Quality Inn and our staff we would like to thank you for staying with us. The positive feedback is a great help in our adventure to turn this place around. We have new management in place and appreciate all the kind words you had to say about your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay again with us next time your in town. Thank you

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

A Consistently Great Place To Spend A Work Week Or A Weekend Away, Close To EVERYTHING! Staff And Management Are continually Upgrading This Property. Will Stay Here Every Time I An Greater Cincy/Northern KY

• Stayed: August 2013

We thank you for the great positive feedback and appreciate your business. We look forward to having you stay each and every time your on our side of town. Have a great day and again thanks!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located off I-275 near airport and business/industrial parks. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the rates were reasonable. They had the signature Q Shower currently found in most Quality Inns. There is an outdoor pool and daily breakfast buffet. I saw at least one small meeting room. The operation seemed to be lacking attention to housekeeping and maintenance detail. My room was only one out of 100 but here's what I found on check-in: 1.No wash cloths. 2.Faucet aerator limed up. 3.Grab bar missing from one piece tub/shower unit. 4.Soap wrapper on bathroom floor. 5.No "Do Not Disturb" sign for room door. Ironically there was no comment card or maintenance request form provided in the room. Management could raise their ranking with more focus on the little things.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the positive feedback we appreciate your business and hope that you stay with each and every time your on our side of town.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before and after our flight out of the nearby airport. It took a long time to check in, computer not working well. Room first night was hot when we arrived but did cool down, many things in room were in need of repair, light above sink, shower curtain bar, quilt on bed was stained and had cigarette burn holes (nonsmoking room), iron did not work. We had to wait for shuttle driver to show up to take us to airport. We had to pay extra to park there for week,but still less than airport, $4.00 a day, manager said he would help us out but he did nothing. When we returned from our trip we had to call several times to get someone to pick up phone to come pick us up. The reason is at night the front desk person is the shuttle driver. None of the outside hotel doors locked the hotel, front desk was unmaned while the desk clerk picked people up from airport! VERY UNSAFE PLACE TO STAY. When we got to our room there was no hot water and were told there would be some in am, still no hot water. The only good thing was the sheets were clean and the beds were comfortable. Only ice machine on second floor and most of the vending machines did not work.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from interstate side to avoid traffic noise. No resturants nearby but close to air...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I just wanted to take some time and thank you for your feedback reguarding your stay at our facility. We have undergone many renovations and new management has been put into place. We would like to invite you to give us another opportunity to come stay with us and we promise to give you the utmost quality that you should have recieved on your previous stay. We look forward to having you the next time your in town and thanks again for your business.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I normally stay here twice a week for almost a year. Rooms were sold out because of some sort of jazz event going on. All the hotels were booked around Florence and Erlanger. The manager and front desk figured out to get me a room. ( A room that was out of service due to some needed minor repair) housekeepers are very nice and sweet always willing to go the extra mile. I will be staying here as long as I work close by.

• Stayed: July 2013

I wanted to take some time to thank you for your positive feedback reguarding your stay here at Quality Inn. We have recently been doing a number of renovations and have had new management put into place. I would love to have you join us for another stay each and every time your on our side of town. Thank you again

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because a weather delay made me miss a connecting flight. On the way to the airport next morning, I unwittingly dropped my cell phone in the shuttle van. When I phoned the hotel, I spoke to the driver, who had the phone. I asked him to overnight it to me at my expense, and he went to the reservation file and got my address and credit card number. So far, so good.

But by the time the next afternoon, with no phone having been delivered, I called the hotel again. The desk clerk told me it was sitting there. She claimed that nobody told anybody else to ship it. She said that only the manager could authorize that and, no, the manager couldn't be bothered with talking to the likes of customers. After some conversation relayed back and forth, the manager deigned to permit it to be shipped COD. Since I didn't plan to be around all day waiting for a delivery, I repeated my request that it be charged to my credit card (which they'd accepted for the room charge, which is more than a fedex). He finally consented, and I was told the phone would ship tonight; after asking for it (it wasn't volunteered), I was told I'd receive an email with the tracking number.

When 6 PM rolled around with no email, I called yet again to ask why. This time the desk clerk told me that she couldn't leave the desk to prepare the phone for shipping, that only the manager could do that, that the manager was gone, and that he'd be back in the morning.

That makes two full days my phone had been sitting there, and, the morning being Friday, it would be three more days – until Monday – that I'd be getting my cell phone back.

Clearly, helping guests is not very high on their agenda. Obviously, the manager put his evening off ahead of the five minutes it would have taken to put my phone in a fedex envelope, fill out an airbill and call for a pickup.

Granted, I shouldn't have lost my phone. But the Quality Inn people should have been willing and able to do more than emptily claim they were doing something to help.

Room Tip: Book one somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

After reading your review I wanted to take the time to apologize on behalf on the staff and m,yself for your experience here at Quality Inn. We have made several renovations and put new management into place. With all of these positive changes we would like to invite you to give us another chance to give you the very best Quality experience possible. We look forward to your return in the area and hope that you choose us for your best guest expeerience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. Very clean and great environment. Service, employees and management super super nice. I work for the pipeline and it was very convenient for my travel back and forth. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and very affordable.. Thanks for everything...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the positive feedback as we are constantly looking to improve our facility and guest experience. We look forward to your return to the area and hope you make us your number one option.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
2 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cincinnati Airport, KY
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Erlanger, KY - Cincinnati Airport
#18 of 28 in Florence
#6 of 7 in Lawrenceburg

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!