“Above and beyond!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I normally stay here twice a week for almost a year. Rooms were sold out because of some sort of jazz event going on. All the hotels were booked around Florence and Erlanger. The manager and front desk figured out to get me a room. ( A room that was out of service due to some needed minor repair) housekeepers are very nice and sweet always willing to go the extra mile. I will be staying here as long as I work close by.

• Stayed: July 2013
RaajP, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I wanted to take some time to thank you for your positive feedback reguarding your stay here at Quality Inn. We have recently been doing a number of renovations and have had new management put into place. I would love to have you join us for another stay each and every time your on our side of town. Thank you again

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because a weather delay made me miss a connecting flight. On the way to the airport next morning, I unwittingly dropped my cell phone in the shuttle van. When I phoned the hotel, I spoke to the driver, who had the phone. I asked him to overnight it to me at my expense, and he went to the reservation file and got my address and credit card number. So far, so good.

But by the time the next afternoon, with no phone having been delivered, I called the hotel again. The desk clerk told me it was sitting there. She claimed that nobody told anybody else to ship it. She said that only the manager could authorize that and, no, the manager couldn't be bothered with talking to the likes of customers. After some conversation relayed back and forth, the manager deigned to permit it to be shipped COD. Since I didn't plan to be around all day waiting for a delivery, I repeated my request that it be charged to my credit card (which they'd accepted for the room charge, which is more than a fedex). He finally consented, and I was told the phone would ship tonight; after asking for it (it wasn't volunteered), I was told I'd receive an email with the tracking number.

When 6 PM rolled around with no email, I called yet again to ask why. This time the desk clerk told me that she couldn't leave the desk to prepare the phone for shipping, that only the manager could do that, that the manager was gone, and that he'd be back in the morning.

That makes two full days my phone had been sitting there, and, the morning being Friday, it would be three more days – until Monday – that I'd be getting my cell phone back.

Clearly, helping guests is not very high on their agenda. Obviously, the manager put his evening off ahead of the five minutes it would have taken to put my phone in a fedex envelope, fill out an airbill and call for a pickup.

Granted, I shouldn't have lost my phone. But the Quality Inn people should have been willing and able to do more than emptily claim they were doing something to help.

Room Tip: Book one somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

After reading your review I wanted to take the time to apologize on behalf on the staff and m,yself for your experience here at Quality Inn. We have made several renovations and put new management into place. With all of these positive changes we would like to invite you to give us another chance to give you the very best Quality experience possible. We look forward to your return in the area and hope that you choose us for your best guest expeerience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. Very clean and great environment. Service, employees and management super super nice. I work for the pipeline and it was very convenient for my travel back and forth. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and very affordable.. Thanks for everything...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the positive feedback as we are constantly looking to improve our facility and guest experience. We look forward to your return to the area and hope you make us your number one option.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My son and I stayed two nights. We were there for a karate tournament being held in Cincinnati, so we weren't there very much. Just to sleep. First impression was that the front desk, although very nice, definitely needed help. Too many people had to wait for assistance, while the front desk person juggled desk, phone and anything else that came her way. Room was very clean and everything worked properly. The A/C unit was kind of tricky, but overall everything was functional. We stayed at the end of one of the halls, so our sleep was basically undisturbed. Very quiet. The morning breakfast was good, complete with everything a guest might want, but I was very disappointed in the lack of coffee...both mornings. They completely ran out and it didn't seem like a priority to the staff. Many of the other guests were also disturbed by the lack of java and it actually sparked conversation with otherwise complete strangers. The second morning we, along with other some of the other guests, were trying to check out. The unfortunate thing was that is apparently was right in the middle of "shift change". The desk person that was getting off was in a hurry to leave and so she left desk "empty". I don't own a hotel...but that seemed very wrong. The person coming on the clock had to pull double duty as a van driver to ferry people to the airport...so it caused a bit of a snag in our departure plans. In fact, it made me late getting to our first event that morning. He finally returned and did the absolute best he could with the situation he was left with. I give him a solid "A" for flexibility & a calm demeanor in the face of disgruntled hotel guests. Overall it was a good stay. The housekeeping staff we dealt with were very helpful. However, I would suggest a little tighter control from management. I think it may have been awhile since things have been observed in their natural habitat.

Room Tip: Definitiey try and stay at the end of the hallway. Check the A/C unit when you first get to your ro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for all the great feedback as we are always looking to improve our facility and guests experience. We hope that the next time your in town you give us another opportunity to WOW you. With many renovations and new management put into place we have made many positive improvements and hope you will come to experience those. Again thanks for taking the time to give us valuable feedback and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this property while attending my son's wedding. I must say that I was pretty disappointed. First of all, when I made my reservations, I was supposed to receive a special rate for the wedding party. The operator had no idea what I was talking about and finally called a manager to get it booked. Then, when we checked in, I was told they didn't have the type of room that I booked! Wow, really! I showed her my confirmation sheet where it clearly identified the type of room and rate. She fumbled around a little more and then told me she didn't have any rooms available! How does that happen! Here I am with a family of five out of town for my son's wedding with no place to stay!! Anyway, miraculously, not only one, but two rooms became available and they were able to accomodate us! Upon entering our rooms, we couldn't hardly stand it. They smelled bad and the air conditioning wasn't even functioning in one so it was stifling. There were also what seemed like a thousand dead bugs on the window sill inside the room. Back down to the desk we went and through the process of moving to two different rooms (but they didn't have any rooms, right). The new rooms didn't smell as bad (4th floor) and were fairly clean. The breakfast was a typical "free" breakfast and had a decent selection of foods. What disgusted me was the fact that a worker was toasting bread and eating while stocking and overseeing the guest food, that is gross. The primary reason this hotel was chosen was the fact they accomodate pets and if she had it to do over again, my new daughter-in-law would not choose here again!! I know she felt pretty bad and was very upset not only over what we went through, but many of our wedding guests experienced similar unpleasant issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I wanted to take some time and thank you for your valuable feedback as we are always trying to improve our facility and guest experience. I would like to cordially invite you to give us another chance at showing you what a positive guest experience can be like. We have made many renovations to our facility and put new management into place. We hope you can give us the opportunity to change your opinion of our staff and facility so the next time your in town give us a try and I promise to not disappoint you.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The room itself was average, the king size bed was the best feature. Bathroom could use some updates and shower was below grade. The cooling/heating unit definitely needs replaced (old). Because the property is on an interstate & very near a major airport, early morning was noisy. Great selection for breakfast bar, but my husband thinks he got food poisoning hours later (can't prove it, but he ate nothing else the rest of day)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great feedback we hope you will give us another opportunity to Wow you with many renovations and new management.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is great. We had a suite which had two rooms, clean and very comfortable. Really nice.

But there the good news ends. Zero quality control yet again. Shower doesn't work properly, tap runs at a dribble, safety rail drops out. Breakfast day 1 was 2 hours late - no food. Day 2 they ran out of skimmed milk. Breakfast is a joke.

A real shame.

Complete lack of basic management and simple quality control. Someone needs to get a grip.

Noisy room from road noise.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. If you must get a room at the front. As it's a choice hotel can I suggest...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites by Carlosn Erlanger Ky- Cincinnati Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!