“Dirty hotel!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
“Dirty hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living and this was one of the worst I've seen. The people are very nice but it doesn't compensate for the rooms. Clogged shower. Hair in the tub. Trash by the night stand! Wore my shoes the whole time I was in the room.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mt Washington, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stayed at this Quality Inn several times over the last year. Each time we have been greeted as we walked in....always with a smile. The rooms have always been very clean!!! The lobby area is actually a very nice place to sit. During our last stay, Amanda was right there to check us in (no wait!). Everyone there is ALWAYS friendly (for real...not just because the boss is there or because they are told to be friendly). Amanda demonstrated that "excellent service" attitude...we needed to find a store such as Walmart. I asked her if she knew where the closest store would be. She went online, searched for the closest store and printed out the directions! The next morning, the breakfast was set up and among the best continental breakfast I've seen. Wide variety AND most importantly...fresh. I feel bad that I do not remember the employee's name (Mary perhaps) that is in charge of breakfast. She was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and that we enjoyed it. Overall....our experience has been outstanding here! I commend the management staff for employing the right people and obviously making it a nice place to work!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I just wanted to take some time to thank you for the positive feedback on your stay here with us at Quality inn. We take pride in ur work here and obviously you noticed. We would like to personally invite you to make us your choice every time your in the area and look forward to greeting you with a smile upon your next arrival. Have a wonderful day and again,
Thanks
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is not the RITZ CARLTON, BUT...if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, convienint to airport, levee, downtown, and all of the sports arenas at an affordable price then this is where you want to stay. I have stayed here on at least a dozen different occassions. The only problem I ever encountered was a lightbulb that blew when I turned in on, the front desk very quickly moved me to a new one. I will continue to use this location ANY time I am in the Tri-state area. Also looks like new carpet and updated decor since my last stay. Excellent centrally located 10 min from all attractions. Also, I have been here during many of these so called terrible front desk experiences, these are the same people who are so very kind and helpful, maybe it is because I am from the south where we respect and treat others as we would like to be treated... just a thought.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Coastal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon check in, the front desk gal says, if you have any problems call me. At 10:30 PM getting ready to retire for the night, I had no heat in the room. Just luke warm air. Wanted to switch out to another room. Call the lobby for an hour and no one was there. When I got up at 6:30 to take a shower, I had no hot water. Luke warm water. The mirrors did not get steamed up. Spoke with the gal who worked a double and she told me she was not at the desk because, she was running the shuttle bus back and forth to the airport. The Patel Manager was rude and unprofessional and would not give a refund saying everything work. I called Choice Hotels and they just as unprofessional saying the hotel was independently own and a franchise.

Glad to see I am not the only person on here who has give the dump a terrible review.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and you will be swayed to look elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Herr M

Travelers are raving about these Erlanger hotels

Medinah, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Checked in about 11:00pm on Saturday 1/19/2013 with my wife. They had a package that included tickets for the Creation Museum the next day. Something odd about the check-in was that we had a King room reserved and the clerk asked us if we would like two queens instead. I never been asked that before and didn't pay too much attention to it. I asked if the queens were a bigger room and he said no. Then he said he would upgrade us to a room with a microwave and refridgerator. I said thanks. It was on the fourth floor near the end of the hall (405).

Sunday, at about 11:30am, before we were about to leave, my wife asked me if she should take the Kindle Fire with us or leave it in the room. I told her I never had anything taken from a room before in my years of travelling on business. She put it in a zipper case with her bible and left it on the desk. We went to the museum and dinner with relatives in the area and returned about 9:15pm. The first thing I noticed was my suitcase was opened. I second guessed myself that I may have left it opened before we left, although I never do that.

At 10:00pm, my wife looked in her case for the Kindle and it was not there. We searched the room and it was not anywhere. I went to the desk and the woman working (Megan) was helpful. She said she would try to contact the cleaning person and see if she took it and would return it (no questions asked). The cleaning person said she did not take it, so the clerk called the police.

The police questioned the cleaning person and searched her car and hotel room, but could not find anything. The General Manager came in and was apologetic, however had been at a party an claimed to have a couple of drinks. The police tried the surveilence cameras, but they were not working at that part of the hotel (as if the check-in clerk planted us there purposely). Also, since the room was not broken into and a card key can be traced, the only keys that cannot be traced are the master keys. If not the maid, then maybe the checkin clerk?

The next morning at check-out, the General Manager was behind the counter, but would not look at me and just looked at the screen typing. I asked him if they found the Kindle and he said no coldly. (He was so apologetic the night before, but didn't want to be bothered with it or me now). I thought he would of at least compted the rooms for the two nights, which was a lot less that the cost of a new Kindle, but no.)

When I contacted Choice hotels direct, they said the hotel is owned and operated independently and the had no responsibility.

In closing, we got a good deal with the room price, but when you count a $220 loss of a Kindle and cover, and violated by having someone go through your things, (while not having surveilence cameras going), this hotel should be AVOIDED.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom S
RaajP, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I understand your frustration. Having something stolen from your hotel room is rare, but when it happens you can feel helpless. I can assure you that our front desk did not intentionally place you in a room away from camera view to set up some scheme for your Kindle. This is the first time that the hotel has ever had theft from a guests room occur. We have security cameras in the hallways and we can monitor who goes in and out of our parking lot.
The location of our hotel is near the Airport, there is a very low crime rate, and the average income per household is much higher than the national average. We are situated right in between two counties so there are plenty of law enforcement agents nearby at any given moment. Due to our close proximity to the Airport, we have the CVG Airport Police who have jurisdiction over three local counties located just down the road.
Unfortunately, you were not the only victim, we had another guest who reported stolen items, and after the police reviewed the cameras again we were able to find and incarcerate the thief. Please contact us so we can work with the local law enforcement agencies in recovering your Kindle.
Again, I deeply regret that this happened during your stay with us. The good news is that we were able to find out who was responsible and hopefully after you contact us we can work together to find or replace the item.
Rest assured, we are confident that this will not happen again and I would like to extend an invitation to you for a complementary night stay with us again. Call us and mention this listing to arrange for the visit. I really hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

the front desk customer service is beyond terrible...first of all to blame a guest because the hotel cannot process what is being asked of them is never acceptable. then to furthermore say that there is nothing they can do shows a complete disregard to someone who is paying for a service that is not being rendered sufficiently. dissatisfied to say the least and as a person in a customer service profession myself, i would never speak to someone the way this staff has to me.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nikita431
Dear Valued Guest,
I really appreciate that you took the time out of your day to bring this matter to my attention. I understand your frustration, and deeply regret that you were not provided with the level of service you expected. Our front-desk staff is also dedicated to providing all of our guests with exceptional service, as they are trained for over two-weeks in the matter upon employment. I am always available to be reached for any escalated issues and I take all matters very seriously. If I am not available, I have an assigned Manager on Duty to carefully handle any issues so that we can resolve the matter before you check-out.
Anytime a guest reserves a room using a debit card, our system will check to make sure the available balance in your account is sufficient to cover the charges. This is just a temporary hold against your funds and does not reflect the actual charge that will post once you have checked out. I understand it can be frustrating to have funds on hold in your checking account, however this is standard practice throughout the industry. Once again, I am sorry your experience was less than satisfactory. I have reviewed our training materials, had staff meetings regarding this issue and I am sure this matter will be handled in more professional matter going forward.
New Albany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great value, I've stayed there over 100 times. The staff is always friendly and helpful. They continue to upgrade the rooms. The shuttle van is always available for rides to the airport. Large quiet rooms, nice beds, and lots of pillows helps one get quality sleep. Best deal in the CVG airport area. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: North side, facing front parking lot are the quietest.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ducatidave
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. Our friendly staff is dedicated to providing excellent customer service for all of our guests. We would love to keep accomodating you again in the future. We have recently added new carpeting in the hallways and lobby. Call us to arrange for your next trip, again we appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Red Roof Inn Cincinnati Airport
Courtyard Cincinnati Airport
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!