Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport/Erlanger
$98
$100
Hotels.com
1,321 results
All reviewshot tubcreation museumfront deskroom was cleansausagestaff was very friendlyindoor poolstay there againbreakfast barnice hotelwafflesbiscuitsexcellent stayeasy accessgreat place to staystayed nightsoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is in excellent shape; the staff was very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Scott, the general manager, for his assistance. We'll definitely stay there next time we're in the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It had been several years since my family had visited the Cincinnati area. In the past we had stayed in the Erlanger/Florence area, so we checked Tripadvisor to find a place for this trip. The Wingate by Wyndham came in at the top of the list. After spending two nights here, we were thrilled with our trip.

Location- It's right beside the interstate, easy access. A couple of reviewers spoke of the noise from the highway, but this was minimal. When the AC was running, the noise was non-existent. There are plenty of dining and shopping options within a short drive as well. We went to Lo Rosa's pizza one evening. Although we didn't fly, the airport is a very short drive. We did take the kids to airport viewing area to watch the jets take-off and land. Cincinnati is about ten miles away. We went to a couple of Reds games. The first night, we were not expecting the traffic (5:00 rush hour). The interstate was crawling. We did make it to the game in plenty of time, but we learned our lesson and left at 4:30 the next day. The trip in was much quicker.

The Room- Very spacious and extremely clean. We had two double queens, and room on the floor for an air mattress for one of the boys. The AC unit had a thermostat on the wall. I prefer this much more than a simple on/off switch to control the temp. My wife used the WiFi, and did not mention any issues. The bathroom was very clean and plenty of room as well. I appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room as well. The beds were very comfortable. All of the pillows were very thick. If you prefer a thin pillow like me, you might want to bring your own.

Amenities- The boys went swimming in the pool two times. We were the only ones there both times. The pool area requires key card entry, and it was as clean as the rest of the hotel. Towels are provided. The pool was about 40 feet long and went to about 4 1/2 feet deep. The boys noted that it was a reasonable temperature. They also reported that the hot tub was like a warm pool.

I used the exercise room one morning. It had your basic pieces of equipment- one treadmill, bike, elliptical machine, and weight machine. I was the only one in there, so there wasn't a fight over the equipment. Still, the treadmills are usually the most popular. Having more than one might come in handy. There was a TV in the room. The only other issue I had was the hand sanitizer was empty. That should be an easy issue to correct.

Breakfast was quite good- included in the price of the room. Each day we had a choice of fruit, pastries, cereal, toast/muffins. The hot items were slightly different on the two days: eggs or bacon, gravy one morning, sausage, biscuits. I was pleased with the selection and the quality.

Service- For the most part, the staff was helpful and pleasant. The only issue that I had (which I learned after the fact) was that one staff member snapped at one of my boys because he was not wearing shoes in the breakfast area. If this a rule, then it should be posted like other restaurants. Since it was not, a simple request to put on shoes would have been sufficient without having to snap at him. Still, I will not let one person's actions ruin what was an overall wonderful experience.

Safety- I felt very safe in the location of this hotel. It really sits by itself in the area that its in. The parking lot is well lit, and the key card system helps maintain the security.

Hopefully we will get back to see the Reds again in the future. If we do, we will certainly look to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, which was very convenient to the pool and the dining area.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed at several hotels in Cincinnati, but we enjoyed our stay with you the best! Your hotel looks new, room was very nice, very clean, and just an overall great stay.

Reviewed June 20, 2013