“Hampton not what I expect”

Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton in Elizabethtown on our way to Ohio. This Hampton is not what I normally expect. The staff was friendly and helpful. No complaints with the staff. We immediatly had to change rooms due to the toilet not flushing. The carpets were very dirty in the room and the hallway. The beds were not the normal Hampton standard. I always stay in the Hamptons and have never been disappointed until this stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katiemConroe
HamptonEtownGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear katiemConroe, I want to express how grateful I am for your gift of feedback regarding your experience at our Hampton. I am thoroughly pleased to hear that our team showed you our heart of service and love of our guests - we pride ourselves on being able to take care of every aspect of our guest's stay. However, I'd also like to apologize that you encountered issues while staying with us - our fresh, clean beds are the Hampton Serta mattresses, but I am so sorry it did not provide comfortable sleep while you were here. I am pleased that our team acted quickly to take care of moving your room when there was an issue with the toilet, and I can assure you we have addresed the carpet issues as well. Our new vendor is extraordinary. We sincerely hope we have the chance to serve you again!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great, clean, comfy, friendly, breakfast excellent. Pretty, I could go on and on.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear storm630, I am so pleased to hear we came through for you on all aspects of what makes us a Hampton hotel! We love serving our guests and our goal is to meet every need you may have while under our care. From our fresh, clean beds to our hot, yummy breakfast and, of course, the team that makes it all happen, we love what we do and we love having you here. See you soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were very impressed with this friendly hotel. Everyone spoke to us and asked how our stay was. We were welcomed as HH members at the front desk. We were given a room on the lobby level (as requested). Our room had a welcome note with a bottle of water and a pack of Oreo cookies! The room was very cool and clean!
When we went to breakfast, we smelt bacon! We had some delicious bacon and eggs. There were a nice variety of danish, bagels, etc. as well as fresh fruit.
The hostess was walking around, picking up finished plates,and asking if we needed anything. I have never experienced such a caring hostess-at a Hampton. We felt like we were at a B&B!
There was a nice indoor pool and hot tub, next to a nice fitness center. We were sorry we didn't have time to enjoy the hot tub. This was a great place to stop-and would be nice to spend several days there. KUDOS TO THIS HAMPTON!

Room Tip: We loved room 100! It was by the door and right down from the coffee pot!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear southernmeadowsnana, thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hampton! With our hotel being in the Heartland, I'm thrilled to hear we showed you our true southern hospitality and Hamptonality that you'll find at every one of our Hampton hotels. Our breakfast hostess has been serving our guests for many years and inspires us all with her warmth and genuine care. We love having you here and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The people could not have been nicer. The room was tired. I killed two roach type insects during my stay. The towels were thin and not at all like the towels I normally find at a Hampton Inn. If I would stay in this area again I would look for a different Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobTennessee_USA

Dear RobTennessee_USA, I am so pleased to hear that our team showed you our Hamptonality while you visited our hotel! We love taking care our guests while they are away from home and we hope that this always shines through. Thank you for sharing your in-room experience as well, and please allow me to apologize for the insects you found. This is a very abnormal occurrence for our property and we monitor closely to ensure this is never an issue our guests encounter. Rest assured this has not been an issue since your visit. We have also received brand new, fluffy Hampton towels and strive to provide only the best for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to Etown!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was a typical hampton inn property. The room was clean, bedding comfortable, a/c worked quite well. The breakfast was good, and staff very friendly. I did have an issue with my toilet, as it had little water pressure, but they fixed it promptly. The only thing that takes away from a 5 dot rating is that the common areas (hallways, stairwells) looked a bit tired, and could have used good cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Dear Edward S, thank you so much for kind words about our Hampton! We love to hear that we contributed to your trust in the Hampton brand's consistency - we know how important it is know exactly what to expect when traveling. I am pleased to hear our 24-hour maintenance team addressed your toilet immediately. Thank you also for your thoughts on our hallways and stairwells; we have had both thoroughly cleaned since your visit with us and they are looking their best. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Drove several hours to get to this Hampton Inn. Got into room, dead dog tired. Walked into bathroom and placed hands one counter to collect my thoughts for a second. Placed my hand on a wet washcloth. I opened door and flung it down the hallway. Then went to toilet and noticed someone else's pubic hair on toilet seat. Trying to keep from getting mad, I take a good hot shower. I get out of shower and notice someone else's shaving kit on counter. I was just too dang tired to argue. I just got into bed. Phone rings as soon as I fall asleep. Front desk asks me if previous guest left shaving kit. I responded "yes and a few other PERSONAL things". Then front desk clerk asked me to bring it down to them. That was when I lost it. Personally, I should have thrown and scattered that kit down the hallway, but I didn't.

They offered to put me in another room. I told them, I was already in bed and wasn't moving. Then they said they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I responded that I definitely would NOT be paying for this dirty room, but was too tired to move.

Next morning I arrive at front desk where two employees gave me that "I don't give a hoot" look. I told them I would be in a meeting in town all day and for the manager to call me. She never did. So, I called her later that day. She told me that they let the previous guest back into the room AFTER they cleaned it so as to use the restroom. GROSS. GROSS. GROSS.

Room Tip: Avoid room 309
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveHonduras

Dear LoveHonduras, I am so appreciative of you sharing your experience at our Hampton, and want to express how sincerely diappointed I am that it was not up to our Hampton standards. I also apologize, specifically, that you were not contacted by the manager - a return call should have been extremely prompt. I can assure you that we have resolved the issues that led to your being given a guest room with a bathroom that was not clean upon your arrival. We do stand behind our 100% Hampton Guarantee - if any of our guests are not satisfied, they will not pay. We love having you here and hope that we get the chance to serve you in the future and show you what true Hamptonality is.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Recently, I was working in the Radcliff, Kentucky area but was staying in nearby Elizabethtown at the Hampton Inn. I typically prefer using Hamptons, since they tend to have a certain amount of consistency from location to location. While this location had most of the things I have come to expect from Hampton Inn, there were a few areas that could use improvement.

The room was nice and comfortable. The beds were very nice. The hotel was clean. I especially liked the pool, jacuzzi, fitness center, and guest laundry all being conveniently located together just off the lobby of the first floor.

It is also located near several good restaurants and stores. Most people working near Radcliff stay in Elizabethtown for this very reason.

My only complaint was the toilets. The hotel uses low capacity toilets. If you put anything more than a few sheets of TP in them, they become clogged. You may have to flush a few times before you are done.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear weary_traveller25, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hampton and your kind words about our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that our location and centralized amenities met your needs. Thank you also for your thoughts on our low-flow toilets, and I sincerely apologize if the water saving feature caused you inconvenience while you were here. This is certainly never our intention. We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!