“Hampton quality we come to expect!”

Hampton Inn Elizabethtown
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
“Hampton quality we come to expect!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Checked in and when we got to the room it was a smoking room which we will not stay in. The front desk made the switch with no issues. The room was extremely HOT when we arrived. Air did work but had it on high all night. Breakfast ok. Clerk at check-out very friendly and asked if they could do anything to improve next time. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011
HamptonEtownGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Hello karly49! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Hampton. I am pleased to hear that our team took good care of you during your stay with us, and that we were able to promptly swtich your room. I'm so sorry the room was hot upon check-in; this year's Kentucky "winter" has us all confused! If there is anything we can do to improve our breakfast, please let us know- we are always looking for new ways to please our guests' taste buds. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we'll see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Clean, new, great central location with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Great hot breakfast and good gym, but pool is outside near back parking lot. 15 minutes from Ft. Knox.

• Stayed May 2011
Hi Famly04! Thank you so much for your generous gift of feedback about your experience in Elizabethtown/Radcliff! Although we proudly boast all the amenities you have listed, including our fresh and clean rooms and beds, our fitness center, delicious hot breakfast, and shopping/dining options, our pool/spa are centrally located indoors, rather than being outdoors as you have mentioned. Seems this review could be of another Hampton rather than our location? However, we are only 15 minutes to Fort Knox, and we love having you here! Thanks so much.
Toledo, OH
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We spent just one night at this Hampton Inn. We enjoy Hampton's and they are usually our hotel of choice when traveling. This one was very nice, but the real asset is the staff. EVERYONE we encountered was gracious, helpful and friendly. Since we checked in after dark, we didn't notice the train track that is very close by. Only negative was the 6am train that went through. The friendliness of the staff more than made up for it! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the building. The front is closer to the train track.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dianeluvsmx
Hello from Elizabethtown, dianeluvsmx! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our Hampton. I am pleased to hear that our team showed you their love for our guests - we always say that its the staff, not the stuff, that hotel guests remember and keep our guests coming back to see us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Markle, Indiana
Reviewed November 18, 2011

While traveling from Nashville, Tn to our home in Indiana, we stopped at this hotel. Since the Hampton Inn is one of our favorite hotels, we were looking for one. This one is exceptional! The staff is fabulous, friendly, always helping with a genuine smile. They were cooking hamburgers and hot dogs served with chips, etc, as we were checking in. Although we did not eat there (we had been traveling for two days and were ready for a nice sit down meal.) but this was a nice idea. When we returned from our dinner out, we had hot cider to drink, great on a cool evening. The rooms were spotless and confortable. After a good nights sleep, our breakfast was a wide varaity of good food, again with friendly and helpful staff.
I would reccommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings, Frances D! Thank you so much for your kind words about our Hampton - we truly love serving our guests and are so glad it shows! We have a wonderful time interacting with our guests at our Manager's Reception Monday - Wednesday nights, and also love celebrating holidays and special events with surprises like apple cider. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast as well - that oatmeal sure is addicting! See you soon!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This property is well kept, clean, rooms are large, beds are comfortable. Breakfast is your standard Hampton Inn but staff is attentive and everything is very clean. They take great care of customers and building. Plenty of food and services in the local area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello justjo30! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our Hampton in Elizabethtown! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - our number one priority is our guests comfort and satisfaction while staying with us. We absolutely have great restaurants and shopping nearby, as well as all the other Hampton amenities here on site. Our clean, fresh beds won't let you down. Thanks so much, and we'll see you again soon!
Reviewed October 26, 2011

First off let me state that my family and I travel a good bit and almost always stay at a Hampton due to usually good service and cleanliness . Therefore I found and booked this hotel expecting the same. Boy was I wrong.

When we first arrived and entered the hotel the stench of clorine overwhelmed us. Not that big of a problem as our room was at the end of the hallway far from the pool. After we received our key cards we loaded up our luggage and made our way to the room. On the way to it, I pointed out the large amount of stains and garbage on the floor.

Upon entering our room we unfortunately were greeted by more of the same. Tons of stains on the carpet and garbage from the previous guests laying next to the bed. Worse yet was the fact that there were several dead bugs on the floor. I then checked the restroom to find even more mystery stains both on the floor as well as in the tub.

We decided to just deal with it as the hotel and others around seemed pretty packed. So I took a shower and found that the water pressure was terrible. The rag was also very rough and crunchy. Once I got out of the shower I saw there was water on the floor so o cleaned it up. However I woke up the next morning to find the tub was leaking.

That next day I left to do some shopping and was gone until the afternoon. I left my drink and some money and receipts on the endtable that I had in my wallet. When I returned after shopping everything was gone including my money and drink.

So I proceded to call the front desk and find out why the housekeeper helped themselves to my stuff. They had no answers for me and said they would speak to a manager and get back with me which never happened.

The following day I slept in a little bit and so hung the do not disturb sign up. I left around eleven to take care of some things and did not return until the evening to find the housekeeper had not cleaned my room. The dirty towels and rags from my shower were still on the floor which meant nothing for me to shower with.

Therefore I went to the front desk to ask why and get some towels and rags. The man at the front desk had an attitude and said it was my fault my room was not cleaned because I slept in. This had never been a problem at any other hamptons as the housekeeper always came back later.

Fed up by this point I asked for some rags and towels which he acted perturbed about and took awhile to find some clean ones for me. He didn't apologize and I went on my way disgusted by the poor customer service.

I checked out early the next morning thankfully and won't be back for any reason. I would actually give this hotel negative stars if possible but its not an option.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank MeMeAWB
Hello MeMeAWB! Thank you so much for your gift of feedback regarding your stay with us. Without this type of valuable feedback, we are not able to keep improving our hotel and service, and take care of issues when they arise. In this case, we absolutely took care of the root of the issue in the immediate time frame after your departure. I am 100% Hampton Guarantee confident you will receive a completely different experience upon your return to Hampton Elizabethtown and be extremely pleased with the changes. Our Front Desk team absolutely loves our guests and take pride in their service and helpfulness. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and thank you again for sharing your experience with us!
Lansing, MI
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The front desk people (both men) were terrific both when we checked in and checked out. The breakfast attendant was so friendly and went out of her way to be helpful. Our room was a pretty cool when we checked in and we had to turn on the heat to warm it up a bit. It was difficult to find a happy medium between too cold and too warm. That was our only complaint - not a biggie in our book. This hotel is close to the interstate but there was no highway noise, which was a nice surprise. Close to a good variety of restaurants too. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HamptonEtownGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabethtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Hi SpartanFan! I want to first thank you for your gift of feedback and taking the time to share your experience here at our Hampton. On behalf of the team, thank you for your kind words, but we are truly excited that we provided you with service that will bring you back to see us! Our team loves what they do, from breakfast to front desk to housekeeping, and it shows. Travel safe, and we'll see you again soon!