“Overnight Stay”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Elizabethtown
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramada205, General Manager at Ramada Elizabethtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you are passing through Elizabethtown and you looking for a place to spend the night the Ramada is a good choice. Its located near I-65 and Bluegrass Parkway with restaurants within walking distance and gas station close to hotel. Continental breakfast was included which is great if you are travelling and you are eager to get on the road in the morning. The continental breakfast was just OK but you really can't expect much more given the price of the room for the night. The beds were extremely comfortable and we all slept very well. The room and bed was very clean. As soon as I enter any hotel room I do a through check to make sure the sheets were changed, room was cleaned properly and no evidence of little biting critters are present. I did have to make several trips down to the car using one of the side doors which did not lock so I was able get back into the hotel without the room key, but I felt this hotel and area is very safe and had no concerns. The only thing that was a deal breaker for us was the pool and hot tub. The pool is a key factor for our family when choosing a hotel and this is the place where the Ramada falls short. The water was so cold in the pool that my children only swam for a short while and other guests using the facility also complained to me about the cold water temperature. The hot tub was also very disappointing. I don't think the contractor that built it knew what they were doing. It is not comfortable to sit in, water level comes up too high and the water temperature was lukewarm at best. The jets are also poorly designed. All that appeared to come out of the jets was air, which was annoying. Water constantly splashing up in your face from the air bubbles. On the up side they did have a small exercise room that you don't usually see at smaller hotels.
In summary, if you don't plan on swimming or using the hot tub I think you will be very satisfied. If swimming and hot tub is important part of your stay I think you will be very disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our property. I am glad you found our room clean. My deepest apologize for the pool issues you had. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Elizabethtown you will give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am a professional, employed by large manufacturing company, who travels very often ( and with a team of one to three additional people) since the second quarter of 2012. For example, four out of the last six weeks I have been on the road driving and staying over night in various areas. In the past I have reviewed hotels above average in my experience or much below average. This hotel was average in most items but had one serious issue that did not seem to be not handled in a proactive manner.

Decent hotel for the cost and included a free basic breakfast. Great location for restaurants (including actual sidewalks in near area) and easy grocery store access reasonably close by. Linens and beds seemed clean and decent feeling. TV was an older tube type but worked and cable was good. Rooms were clean enough but seemed that they haven't had a serious deep cleaning recently. The air conditioner filter was very dusty and I saw dust between the wall and the beds and furniture though this happened due to the issue described below.

Service was average with the front desk people being nice enough but not very responsive when confronted with an issue.

Please note that the room was on 1st floor and roughly in the middle of the hallway- not at an exterior or fire stair end of the hallway.

While watching tv late during the last night of four night stay I was confronted with a mouse in the room (1st floor) which had probably had come underneath the hall door. It scooted on the floor between the beds and then under the back of the night stand. When I lifted the night stand it hauled tail away on the floor between the wall and the metal bed base box. I moved the mattress/box spring of that bed attempting to find the mouse. Searching the room, I never could locate it while armed with the room's iron and a wood coat hanger. I do not know if the mouse got out through the air conditioner, the gap under the connecting room door, or back under the main door to the hallway. It was also possible that I had already saw the mouse on one of the earlier nights. However, since mice tend to be so fast at times (almost ghost like sometimes) I had dismissed that I saw anything that earlier night.

In the process of moving the beds searching for the critter, I found dust, a some errant dinner mints, a couple of clothing price tags, and some poor baby's lost pacifier between the wall and the beds' metal base boxes. Same dust issue for the dresser with tv on it and the micro wave/ cube refrigerator cabinet. In further searching for the mouse, I removed the plastic grill front of the a/c unit and saw that the a/c filter was not cleaned regularly as it was very dusty and the blower vent had a plastic drink stirrer in it along with some dessicated Cheerios.

As it was so late, and I was checking out in the morning, I did not want to change rooms. I just slept with all the lights on and moved the bed in which I was sleeping about 6" off the headboard/wall. Upon confirming my check out later that morning, I told the front desk person about the mouse issue. She only said that she was sorry, that housekeeping would be told about it, that the hotel did have an exterminator service, and that cooler fall weather would be driving rodents inside. End of story - nothing else offered- no discount, no free night, nothing. I am guessing since I did not kill and have a dead mouse as evidence that my story may not have been taken seriously.

Based on the mouse in the room and tepid response to the issue, (and my other team member's underwhelming experience at this property,) I will not be staying at this property upon our return trip. I will also be informing the travel agency service that my company works with about the issue make sure other teams are not booked at this property. If this had happened on a personal trip and involved my family, I would have been ultra angry about this issue versus the disappointed angry that I was as a business traveler.

Room Tip: Stay in a 2nd or 3rd floor room, if possible, due to possible 1st floor rodent issue.